The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sebec  (Read 673 times)

Offline Boomauger

• IceShanty Rookie
Sebec
« on: Jan 15, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Looks like people are ice fishing sebec.  On another note anyone been to Schoodic yet?

http://www.sebeclake.net/

Offline Ice Chip

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sebec
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Tom Thibeault          

Offline zmeans9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2010, 02:31 PM »
If anyone was out there today, if you could PM me how you did, I would appreciate it.  Taking some people fishing tomorrow on the lake that have never been fishing before.

Offline curk78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Schoodic was wide open one week ago

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:03 PM »
I haven't been up yet............but I would not trust schoodic to be safe yet.   One of the last lakes in the state to freeze up....always.  I'm sure you'd be fine on foot checking as you go, but I would not go to far on a machine yet.  Good luck!

Offline zmeans9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Yea, I am definitely going to play it safe.  Even if they are from MA, they don't deserve to get wet their first time fishing.  I saw there were people fishing by the narrows on the webcam...there must be 6 or 7 inches at least.  I would just like to hear from someone that was there today how much there is...anyone?

Offline IceMan75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2010, 09:07 AM »
Schoodic was wide open one week ago

Yeah, Schoodic was wide open but now with some colder nights this past week it has finally skimmed over and is making some ice.  I wouldn't trust it yet though.  I spoke to a guy last night that had checked it at the landing and just off shore was only 4 inches.  Hopefully the next couple of weeks will get down in temps at night to make some ice.  One thing about that lake is that it takes awhile to ice over but once it does it usually makes some good ice quick.
I Walk on Water in the Winter.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.