The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Champlain Bridge Addison  (Read 899 times)

Offline 802spinnerbait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing nerd
Champlain Bridge Addison
« on: Apr 07, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Maybe fishy can provide one but I was hoping someone might be able to provide some pictures of the open water in its current state at the bridge.  Its a ways south for me so hoping someone is in the area.  I get my boat out of storage Friday and maybe a bit too antzy to try...but hey its an addiction and I have no problem admitting it.
If all else fails, technically I am allowed to fish from the NY pier with a VT license no?
Good luck to all getting out this weekend.  Its a tradition for a buddy and I to at least attempt to drown worms somewhere. Kick off the soft water season right!  @)

So anyone with a pic from today or yesterday or going tomorrow, I would appreciate a pic or some general view of conditions.

Thanks in advance! 

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Champlain Bridge Addison
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2015, 06:45 PM »
dont have a pic but its wide open from the red buoy north to the south red bouy and along the shorline to hospital creek. will try and get you a pic by thursday. there is plenty of room to troll or anchor in a boat. the vermont boat launch underneath the bridge is accessible with no dock though.
you can fish anywhere on the ny side with your recipricol license even on the pier. you cant fish the tributaries though. same for me on the vt side. you can also fish off shore under the bridge on the vermont side also and do well at times for perch and lakers.
what are you targeting with your boat?

Offline 802spinnerbait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing nerd
Re: Champlain Bridge Addison
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2015, 07:33 PM »
dont have a pic but its wide open from the red buoy north to the south red bouy and along the shorline to hospital creek. will try and get you a pic by thursday. there is plenty of room to troll or anchor in a boat. the vermont boat launch underneath the bridge is accessible with no dock though.
you can fish anywhere on the ny side with your recipricol license even on the pier. you cant fish the tributaries though. same for me on the vt side. you can also fish off shore under the bridge on the vermont side also and do well at times for perch and lakers.
what are you targeting with your boat?

Sent you a PM fishy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.