Author Topic: Garage Sale Idea  (Read 1397 times)

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Garage Sale Idea
« on: Oct 12, 2017, 06:05 AM »
Not trying to sell anything here just need some opinions. Thinking of having garage sale with just ice fishing items. Earlier this year held a normal garage sale. The ice fishing stuff I had displayed garnered very little interest. Sold some of it but didn't make a dent in my lifetime accumulation of equipment.

Thinking not everyone is as nuts about ice fishing as myself. Thought maybe a later in October date would work better.

So guys do you think it would be worth a shot or no ?

Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Garage Sale Idea
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2017, 07:06 AM »
I think you would have better luck using Craigslist. I am constantly searching for hunting/fishing items there

Chute82

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Youngstown Craigslist would bring more interest and less work...or eBay

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2017, 08:16 AM »
Agree with putting it on CL, I would give that a try and go from there.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2017, 08:24 AM »
I used to spend a lot of time on Ebay. Lately it seems that most items are Buy It Now, not an auction so I have lost interest in looking any more as there are few deals to be found. You might be able to sell at the price you want with Buy It Now. Craigslist is free unlike Ebay that will cost you to sell.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2017, 09:13 AM »
although I love garage sales..i hate having one myself.people don't pay anything and sitting around to make a dollar here or there when I can be fishing sucks.lol.but I go to garage sales everyday and accumulate so much stuff for cheap then run a ebay store and sales sites to make money.then take some of that money, buy more crap then the cycles starts over..ive got a fricken truckload of augers now.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2017, 05:19 PM »
facebook has quite the market place showing up now.  I'd bet there are local group pages for your area dedicated to fishing.
Don

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2017, 06:09 PM »
Not trying to sell anything here just need some opinions. Thinking of having garage sale with just ice fishing items. Earlier this year held a normal garage sale. The ice fishing stuff I had displayed garnered very little interest. Sold some of it but didn't make a dent in my lifetime accumulation of equipment.

Thinking not everyone is as nuts about ice fishing as myself. Thought maybe a later in October date would work better.

So guys do you think it would be worth a shot or no ?
.            Price is everything in a garage sale !

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2017, 05:22 AM »
I agree with the guys above. CL is gonna get you more traffic of guys looking for specific items like ice gear.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Thanks to all for replies. An old Ebay buyer /seller really detest that site now. So much junk from China to compete with any listing. I have tried Craigslist with mixed results. Expensive items like fish finders attract scammers. Great site for giving away stuff that you don't want to have to pay to haul away.

You guys are probably right about the garage sale idea. But I am going to try anyway. Nothing to lose but my time. Will post results good bad or average. In case others may try this route.
G.E.F.M

Offline YtownThrowDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2017, 08:22 AM »
If it still on for the 21st, I will see you at 930

Chute82

« Reply #11 on: Oct 13, 2017, 10:35 AM »
My wife is from the YO....if you wanted something gone just sit it outside, walk back in the house, count to 10, walk back  outside and it’s gone.  Like magic...

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2017, 11:49 AM »
I run/jog/walk a 5K route through a parkway by my house and saw some folks starting up a Rummage Sale. I stopped and asked..."you guys having any ice fishing stuff?"....the dude says, "Do people still do that?"...a week later the guy stops me and says, "I've had at least a dozen people ask for ice fishing equipment"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Or you could just get a Militia membership and advertise it on here..... ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2017, 05:15 AM »
You guys nailed it. It was a bad idea. I won't repeat this mistake.
G.E.F.M

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.