The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Shacks Off!  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Splake Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shacks Off!
« on: Mar 27, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Well...had a good day today...my fourth day at it..finally its off the ice and in the driveway...what a horror show lol...next yr..just a floor and two LIGHT...runners...ill use blocking and steps next time...im just plain...tired..of the heavyweight flooring and runners...get it right...8x8 and light!  8)

FISH ON!

Offline mainuh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • names have been changed to protect the innocent
Re: Shacks Off!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2005, 09:53 PM »
yaa slayer
                 i was getting a little nervous mine was on sebago wednesday night i had to crawl out with a rope on my belly and tie off then yanked it twenty feet lake was like oatmeal

went back sat. a.m. cold enough to get four wheeler and shack up to speed then up on crust what a tear but its off for another year
MAINUH

Frozen_nutts

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2005, 11:17 PM »
           i was getting a little nervous mine was on sebago wednesday night i had to crawl out with a rope on my belly and tie off then yanked it
Hey Mainuh..thats more info then I needed to know ;D

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2005, 06:31 AM »
I recieved a call on friday saying hey man can I possibly get some help tomarrow. So I helped Rich (jdeere9800) remove our shanty off the ice. Fortunitly it was a breeze. When we walked out to the ice the shanty was basically half in and half out of the water at a fairly big angle as we appraoched it wasnt looking good but I just jumped on the half that was in the air and pop goes the weasle it was out. So we hooked it to the wheeler and started to drag. Made it completly to the south end of the lake in about 15 mins with no problems. pulled it up on shore and waited for Rich to arrive with the trailer. Waited and Waited and Waited. I jumped on the wheeler and went for a ride on the lake (wich by now the sun was in full force). coming back on land all the slush (was ice) turned into mush. Thank god we got it to land when we did. So here we are shanty off and Now I can offically say I am done with it. LOL. (Sorry Nutts I tried)
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2005, 03:52 PM »
I'm back !! 

I got my shack off easter sunday...rode out with the sled and saw that the shack was leaning to one side...parked the sled about 20 feet away and walked up to it...
open water on one side....and then I saw two other sled coming close...it was a guy that I met at the beach....sweet I had help...when they got there I put the strap on top of the shack and put it on its side...pulled it away from the thin ice...put it back up right and pulled it back to shore with Aron's sled.....what a nice group of guys....Aron if you read this thank again for the help......going to get it home tomorrow....Ice fishing season is over...if its not raining on sunday I will be at the sango locks....and then on MyFishfinder that night...

Offline mainuh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • names have been changed to protect the innocent
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2005, 08:12 PM »
ya i know cliff it sounds better than really was  lol
MAINUH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.