The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Musky - Here to stay or just vacationing in No. Aroostook County?  (Read 6391 times)

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I did it all for the brookie, the brookie
JMHO - I think it justifies an invasion of Canada since they stocked them....comments?
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
JMHO - I think it justifies an invasion of Canada since they stocked them....comments?
we should all wear yellow pants and invade!!

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
don't make fun of my oil gear...keeps the pike slime off my skivys
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

Offline minnesotapiking

• IceShanty Rookie
don't make fun of my oil gear...keeps the pike slime off my skivys

muskie will destroy all species in maine, including humans and offshore whales up to 100 miles out to sea

sincerely

toguebustah

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
if that's the case then I endorse shotgun fishing for musky...why should Vermonters have all the fun?
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
What are we going to do nuke the fish river chain...not likely.
Anthony

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
nope ant, not likely...are they in Eagle yet?
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Jack smelt lives up there and says no. howevery he has told me he has seen fish caught below the falls. Thats not too far away in the grand scheme of things. I guess there is talk of erecting a concrete barrier to let only salminoids through (at least in theory.
Anthony

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
good...too many waters affected by this whole mess...maybe Jigmaster will break his own record this month and weed em' out in the process....
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tomorrow is a another day!
im working on getting spearing legal in maine!!!! for icefishing as well as openwater . if were going to be compare to minnesota might aswell have what they have for oppurtunity!!!!
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
good...too many waters affected by this whole mess...maybe Jigmaster will break his own record this month and weed em' out in the process....
im with you weav!
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
why spear when buckshot will do the job? seriously, the whole shotgun season in other states is pretty f-ed up if you ask me.....how would waterfront homeowners react in Maine if their early morning tranquility is shattered by wahoos in the nearby cove gunning down finning pike and musky....I'm guessing anyone pushing for that legislation isn't gonna get too far...I think I read an article in the Northwoods Journal or Sportsman's last year that was in favor of a season...I couldn't believe it.
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
togue- isn't spearing legal for certain species? suckers I'm thinking of....
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yup and bowfishing.
Anthony

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
togue- isn't spearing legal for certain species? suckers I'm thinking of....
apr.1st to june 30th ,spearing snagging and bow and arrow may be used as long as the arrow has barbs. good practice for deer season. weav i think im moving to the county ,maybe become a hermit in the allagash ,and hope i never see a pike or musky,fat chance of that !!!!!

Offline weav11

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'll go...just let me trade in my p.o.s. explorer for a real 4wheel drive vehicle
Tippy Tundra 1 Weav 0

gutbucket

that p.o.s. will be just fine if you bring me along and a good shovel and some vics

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
just bought a new muskie rod and line. got some new lures too! anyone comin'? jigmaster im after your record. not on glazier but a little upstream.  hehe!

Offline buckmanJR86

• Team IceShanty Regular
down here in mass we WANT the pike and muskie because all the other fish we catch are under 8 pounds. wish we had all the fish u have up there in every lake

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
come on up and catch as many as you want,we dont want them or need them.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
t.b thats your opinion!

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
i have a hard time believing you want them in the fish river or the allagash? if you do dont speak that to loud up there ,they may hang you!!!!

mainegator

Jacksmelt,  do you live up there in the ftkent and have you fished for musky.  Down here around great pond, we love the pike.  great fish and it has helped the overall fish size to increase.  We are now catching perch in the two pound size and the little pipsqueak perch are thinned out.  I'm wondering where some decent musky fishing can be had up there and how hard is it to get into those boundry lakes.  Any guides up there you think would be good to contact.  Pike are wonderful fish and an excellent addition to the varity of fishes available, I'm glad the state has gotten those fish in this state.  now if we could just get some walleye that would be heaven
remember to return those big ones so they can keep the lakes restocked

Offline heymax

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The 38th Wonder of the World!!!!
*now if we could just get some walleye that would be heaven*

The Wardens will keep an eye on you for that comment. I believe the same comment was made about White Perch in Moosehead. ;D Max
I was born with nothing........and I still have a little bit of it left.

Sir Catchalot

Yeh, its people with with attitudes like yours that are going to be the demise of this states fisheries...that is the absolute worst outlook on this subject I have heard.

And oh yeh..."I'm glad the state has gotten those fish in this state" they didnt, and they dont want them!

"great fish and it has helped the overall fish size to increase"....what are your catch rates up there big fella?  Last time I enquired it was something like 20 man hours per fish (any fish)...thats the sign of a great fishery to me! (sarcasm)

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
it never ceases to amaze me ,the hillbilly way of thinking some people still have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
now what kind of thing is that to say? is he not entitled to his opinion? hillbilly or not?

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
so just how did the pike and musky come into maine?? by a bucket?? right they came from the mid west or canada in a bucket...I think that they came in from a tank on a back of a truck some 30yrs ago...they only people that can do that is the state...
 I like they pike and would love to target musky and the way I see it is that they are here and will proly stay...lets go fishing..cant wait till the ice goes out and I can go cast for them..

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
it never ceases to amaze me ,the hillbilly way of thinking some people still have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess that "kill all might" fits in that train of thought.
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.