Author Topic: glow in the dark jigs.  (Read 8880 times)

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
glow in the dark jigs.
« on: Nov 17, 2003, 07:09 PM »
i bought these two glow in the dark jigs a few days ago and i was woundering if anyone had an in put on how effective they are because i know last season they were really hot on mitchel's bay.

thanx ::)

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
Re:glow in the dark jigs.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2003, 09:05 AM »
Two of my favorite jigs for perch are the #10 Ratfinkee Glow Brite and the #10 Demon in Lime Chartreuse/Glow Brite both sold by Custom Jigs & Spins. I use a small flash light to charge them and tip them with wigglers. Glow in the dark is the ONLY way to go!
C'mon Ice!!!

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2003, 02:29 PM »
glow glow glow thats about all i use
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walk softly and carry a big gaff
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2003, 12:27 PM »
Glow is good ;D
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2003, 01:48 PM »
i glowing with the flow-will get some for this weekend and let everyone know the upside i expect >:(

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2003, 12:30 PM »
Perch or trout, glow in the dark is about all I use.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Two of my favorite jigs for perch are the #10 Ratfinkee Glow Brite and the #10 Demon in Lime Chartreuse/Glow Brite both sold by Custom Jigs & Spins. I use a small flash light to charge them and tip them with wigglers. Glow in the dark is the ONLY way to go!
C'mon Ice!!!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2003, 04:02 PM »
try using a camera flash much brighter glow and much faster ;)
C'mon Ice!!!

Offline genz_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Just 1 more crappie!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2003, 04:48 AM »
Glow is tops. Get and use a mixed bag of them. They come in many different shapes and sizes. I would not use any jig that did not glow when ice fishing at night. :'(    

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2003, 05:57 PM »
how about during the day? is glow as important then? lets say on an average sunny day and 18" - 24" of ice.

other scenario is a cloudy or overcast day on the same ice. ?

Melbs     :'(

dodge rules

« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2003, 10:50 PM »

hey do you know if 1/4 ounce jig would be to hevy fot 1-2 pound trout

dodge rules

« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2003, 10:54 PM »
this is for firsticerules can you use small perch for catching musky

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2004, 06:53 PM »
this is for firsticerules can you use small perch for catching musky

why couldn't you but why waste a perch when you could use a sucker or chub of the same size. ???

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2004, 08:43 PM »
I use both glow jigs and normal jigs.  They both work the same for me.  Some days one is better than the other.  I have 2 boxes full of glow jigs and 2 boxes full of normal jigs.  So you can't go wrong with either.  But I think everybody should have glow jigs in their tackle box.
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

acsacmboy

« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2004, 09:09 PM »
i like glows too. normal jigs have thier time and place wahn the fish are turning up thier noses on the glows.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2004, 07:59 AM »
Well 90 percent of my winter fishing is for perch. I for one have never fished them at night...and iv'e never use glow jigs. I live on Lake simcoe and i fair well on perch usually can catch from 25-50 if the bites good in about a 1.5 hrs. I don't use live bait either. I use what they call hear a ICE BUG, Which looks like a tear drop. I mostly use a rootbeer color or a deep purple with flecs. This is tipped with a powerbait maggot for extra luck. Simcoe has a daily Limit of 50 perch. So no need for me to fish em at dark as ive already caught my limit way before then. I also use Tyed flys to look like scuds or freash water shrimp tipped with a power maggot. Anyhow hoped this helped someone. Tight lines all.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline IceKing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release an a pan full of grease!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2004, 06:18 AM »
glow is the way to go. Make sure to keep the lure charged. (shine a flashlight or other brite light on it for a few seconds.
Its Ice Now!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2004, 07:59 AM »
SO you use a Glow even in the Daytime? Or do you Mean just for the nite or what? The deepest i fish for perch is like 25 ft and so far this year i havent fished em deeper then 7 ft. So i can see bottom and its pretty clear for them i can't amgine the glow will help me out that much? Just curious
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline fishydog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2004, 03:06 PM »
In your case Germ, I'd say probably not.  I use them during the day in stained water or if there's a lot of snow cover.  You might want to try jigs with glitter on them though.  I use K&E Moon Glitter (I think that's the name) jigs in clear water during the day and they work well.  They're basically a scud hook with wire wrapped around the shank, the whole thing is painted and has glitter on it.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2004, 08:05 PM »
Ya i use tear drop lures called ICe bugs ...They are a little heaveier then what ur talking bout but ya i can understand if your fishing for deep perch why you would use glow in the dark stuff or at least if you have stained water, This is a good example of why these boards are so great to have...to understand the differnce in fishing circumstances. TIght lines

Offline perchnfool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:52 AM »
hey germ any internet site to see or purchase those ice bugs you use ? ;D ? I'm always lookin for new additions to my jig box,  I use #10 glow rat finkees & ratsos and just love them try the blue after dark as they don't glow quite as much  and crappies nail em!!!!!! :P ****perchn

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2004, 08:20 AM »
i buy them from my friend who is a supplier of them. Other then that i havent found anywhere sle to get them. He does sell them if your interested. I think he sells em for 2.50 a piece or 5 for 10 bucks...id suggest the GLows and the Orange and charturce along with gold or Rootbeer colored flec ones. If your interested let me know ill set the deal up and all that. Tight lines!

perchpile

Re: glow in the dark jigs.
« Reply #22 on: Feb 06, 2004, 10:26 PM »
hay has any one tried the "beads"  sort of rubbery heared good things just minnows seem consitantly good

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 06, 2004, 10:30 PM »
Was it me or did that sentence just seem not to be finished?

perchpile

« Reply #24 on: Feb 06, 2004, 10:45 PM »
grow up we all will love it. hey you are not perfict.

All these answers are great but if all else fails try a dickfour thry work great!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 07, 2004, 02:49 PM »
ya so i spelled They wrong? Big deal what im saying is that sentence didn't say anything. Was it a statement was it a question? Did it even make any sense? And beside's tearing a hole thru you guy's is something i do best. You'll be a long time in waiting for me to grow up. Tight lines and grab a humour pill before you read the posts. Tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.