Author Topic: Show me your sleds!!!  (Read 159093 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: Show me your sleds!!!
« Reply #240 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:26 AM »
I concede  :o
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Gyle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #241 on: Jan 31, 2010, 01:32 PM »
LOL...." joeythejigger " Your right it is a Fish Float,  

Your right again... you do throw it out there.. I have added a hair little weight to the inside of it and firmly wrapped one ( and glued tight) end of a Fifty foot nylon rope to it with the other end hooked up to a harness that can be placed around my shoulder and and or waist .
I hope I never have to use it, but if someone does fall through the ice I get  a chance at throwing it at there head and knocking them out so they slip into the water in peace... LOL

You should have been looking out my Neighbors windows... the Day I was out in the street giving it a test.. I would imagine it looked kinda stupid... (LOL)  ;D  No one came out and ask me what I was doing... (L)   I can only imagine what they thought.

(( The hook on the right , with the red reflector tape ... Can be twisted off fast and the whole rope comes off with one fast swoop))  ( no unwinding )
(Image removed from quote.)   (Image removed from quote.)

thats one sweet sled but the float idea is a good one
 8)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #242 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:06 PM »

Thanks Gyle

I agree with you.. I think the Rope was a great idea.... It was not mine... I first saw the idea in a post that was put on here from " Bob D " I think you can see it here.. Re: Let's see your ice fishing sleds!

I hope that works and if not I'll try and  post his pics for you.

Pics of " Bob D's" sled and his Idea of the SAFETY ROPE

One hopes that they never have to use it.. but I guess it only takes one time of use for it to be worth it.

Take Care....

8)

" I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #243 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:32 PM »
 :) Hi  " jimmyclaude "  Sir , no need to say that my Friend....( Handshake )

It is neat when I read all the post on all these sites and see all the pics we all share amongst us all.. I learn so much and am very impressed with the folks in here.. we all love what we do as a past time and enjoy it all.
I see all kinds of pics in here and with every pic of a sled I see what someone has built to suit them or to there liking..

You have to understand that I built my sled that way it is .... because .... I Can't use those little tri-pod chairs... LOL.. legs don't work like that for me.... LOL.. and I can't kneel down like I used to..

SO hence the rack for the Hard chairs.. I did last year and got  tired of strapping everything in a pile.LOL.
So I think what ever your Jet looks like or how it works I bet it is OK and Fine... Don't forget it DOES not matter how our gear gets there or on what.... AS LONG AS IT GETS THERE..

Take care and enjoy those tight Lines Sir..

AltaIce
 8)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #244 on: Feb 01, 2010, 03:57 PM »
Yes Alta I agree... A chair with a back is in order.  I will have to post up my sled.

It is a little different as I have taken a Jet sled and made it into a kick sled.  Not as nice as yours but it fills the bill. 

Nice job!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #245 on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Hey Altaice!
WHAT A RIG MAN! Some of the places I fish I would be affraid to take it down the hill! WOW! Awesome job! ;D
Fish on!

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #246 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Yes jimmyclaud .
I would like to see your Jet sled.. I read in a post that you said once that you used it so much you wore a hole in the corner of it. Did you ever get it patched with something and if you did what did you use?
Ya I have to have a chair with the back it just helps.. and is more firm to sit on.

Hey Sir it does not have to be as nice as anyone's.. as long as it works and works well for you.. That is all that matters in my mind..
Mine was also a project that gave me something other to do than just watch T.V. or sit around... It was great to work with my hands again.... been a long time...LOL

Sorry jimmyclaud I do not Know what a " Kick Sled" is.

8)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #247 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:35 PM »
LOL... Yes your right Greg2ha... it will bite going down hill.. BUT i don't know what would be the worst of the two evils ... going down hill then fish the day away or TRY to get the son of a gun UP THE HILL...
Last year I did that I had to haul it up a hill LOL..LOL.. now that was a chore...

When I decided to make the sled this way with the rack... I made the decision then that I was making a "     motor home" and Not a " 4x4"..(LOL)

I have to design a handle for it still and that will make it easier to handle when pulling.. now with the rope it tends to slide so nice it race past me...

8)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #248 on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:21 AM »
It developed into a kick sled because the best way to repair the holes was to mount it on down-hill skis.  I picked these up from a Summer garage sale for free.
I put counter sunk machine screws through the bottom of the skis through 2" blocks and then the Jet sled.  The skis extend out the back which I can stand on when going down hill or kick across the ice.

Here is a link to you tube of a kicksled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLDtIcs16rc&feature=related

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #249 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:04 AM »
WoW !! jimmyclaude

Is that ever a neat idea.. I would have never thought of that... Really!!  I didn't know that they even existed. What a cool way to travel across the ICE.. Never have seen them or even knew it was a world class type of Sport.  Looked at a competition on on youtube from Finland..  ;D and thanks for the ULR you put up there...  :)

As I thought of how you described your sled and after watching the videos on them... LOL ALL I could think about was how one could extend the Back as you said and be able to make a up front steering system that was safe and was able to be kept under control.... (LOL)  Yup  think of the strangest things....(LOL)
Yes I thought about , down the road looking for old used skies.. as I might to put on some sort of side runners on my sled for more balance... not sure though... more test runs disci-zed as ice fishing trips must be in my future...(LOL)

Later . 

Take Care

8)

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #250 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Hey Altaice!
Just make sure someone is video taping when you do it! You never know where Youtube stardom can lead!
Later man!
Greg
Fish on!

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #251 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Hey Altaice!
Just make sure someone is video taping when you do it! You never know where Youtube stardom can lead!
Later man!
Greg

Hey G-2Ha...... YouTube!!! YouTube!!!!!... your RIGHT!!!
 One never knows when youtube may be around the corner.... LOL...LOL..

THAT REMINDS ME.... I have to get new clothes, Wash up and Comb my Hair.... LOL
(( Just incase )) ( hmmmmm was that two baths a year or three.. I always forget..))

Side bar = I would have a rope tied to the back and walk behind the sled , going down hill.. but the UP-HILL bit is a tough one.. LOL

Later

8)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #252 on: Feb 03, 2010, 07:39 AM »

Hey G-2Ha...... YouTube!!! YouTube!!!!!... your RIGHT!!!
 One never knows when youtube may be around the corner.... LOL...LOL..

THAT REMINDS ME.... I have to get new clothes, Wash up and Comb my Hair.... LOL
(( Just incase )) ( hmmmmm was that two baths a year or three.. I always forget..))

Side bar = I would have a rope tied to the back and walk behind the sled , going down hill.. but the UP-HILL bit is a tough one.. LOL

Later

8)

try a deer drag harness. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #253 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:05 AM »
make a up front steering system that was safe and was able to be kept under control.... (LOL)  Yup  think of the strangest things....(LOL)
My steering mechanism is dragging the toe of the boot going down hill and kicking alittle to the left or right on the flats.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #254 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:41 AM »
My steering mechanism is dragging the toe of the boot going down hill and kicking alittle to the left or right on the flats.

...................... ...................  ...................... ..................  ...................... ......  ...................... ....

Hey Jimmyclaude

Ya your right sir.. if that works.. why reinvent the wheel..... and if one was to put a steering system on the front , then I would not be able to get the dang thing in my rear of the little SUV.

Fish well... tight lines.

AltaIce
 8)

Offline IceFish40272

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #255 on: Feb 06, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Awesome job to everyone .Now I just need the time to incorporate ideas I have picked up to trick my own.

Offline J.R.Jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #256 on: Feb 08, 2010, 12:18 PM »
I built a simple box,1/2"ply,sides bottom,1/4"ply toplid,pulled one end in 4"from end,rounded off bottom corner with coffee can, screwed alum flashing along bottom around coffee can corner up the side-end 1/2way.put wood blocks inside for additional screwing.also put in 1x3 brace in top center to support lid. this box was temp,quickie for one weekend. That was 1968! I just changed the alum,flashing in 08 only got 40 yrs out of it. used galv.pipe this time should get 80 yrs out of this one!.sometimes simple is best.when I learn how to post pics I wll.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #257 on: Mar 13, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Got another chance to use the sled , perhaps last time for this Season.. Gave me new ideas for next season... Things to work on this summer.   :)

8)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #258 on: Mar 15, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Got another chance to use the sled , perhaps last time for this Season.. Gave me new ideas for next season... Things to work on this summer.   :)
(Image removed from quote.)
 8)

Good for you Alta!

I think I am putting a hinge system on my racks that sit on my Jetsled.  I slide things under now. Hhmmmmmm....

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #259 on: Mar 15, 2010, 10:15 PM »
I think I am putting a hinge system on my racks that sit on my Jetsled.  I slide things under now. Hhmmmmmm....
Hey JimmyC,

That sounds like a  very interesting idea.. it would make it easier to get at things..  and it could keep things separate if you needed to.

I hope you still keep it a Kick sled.. that sounds  like the coolest thing ever man.

Hey Bud... we have the WHOLE summer to work on em eh... LOL..

Have a Great summer and enjoy the open water...

Take Care.  Yak to Ya Later.

AltaIce
 8)

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #260 on: Dec 06, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Here's mine! I used a couple of old bread trays that I had laying around to help keep weight down. Almost finished, just need to but on auger mounts.

Lots of storage under the Clam 2000

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #261 on: Dec 06, 2010, 02:41 PM »
Nice!!

Offline perchkid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #262 on: Dec 06, 2010, 02:52 PM »
jiggle, jiggle, mister. it's all how ya jiggle.

Offline danakaiggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #263 on: Dec 06, 2010, 05:37 PM »
here are some pics of my sled i use to haul my shanty and gear out.   It is small and light and very simple.

here it is folded up for the car

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #264 on: Dec 06, 2010, 05:52 PM »
work in progress got a couple of other mod in the works
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline screeby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #265 on: Dec 06, 2010, 06:35 PM »
Lots of good ideas...

Offline The Dad Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #266 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Made this one last year...It also has conduit that goes on it to mount the auger to it for transportation

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #267 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:09 PM »
Hi " The Dad Fisherman

Nice set up. I like that you have room on the back on the skis for the stove.  :)

8)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #268 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:37 PM »
The TP has a place of Honor!  Nice packin! ;)

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #269 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:27 AM »
The TP has a place of Honor!  Nice packin! ;)

Darn I'll have to add that place of honor to mine! :roflmao:
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.