Author Topic: Show me your sleds!!!  (Read 159096 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: Show me your sleds!!!
« Reply #210 on: Jan 20, 2010, 08:28 AM »
What is the best way to attach the wood framing to the downhill skis?

Counter sunk 1/4" flat head machine bolts sort of like Bjeff42 did. 
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #211 on: Jan 21, 2010, 08:32 PM »
This is my sled / Slide out shanty..  Plenty of room to bring anything I could ever want to take with me..  Glide's like a dream on snow or ice..Easily loaded into the back of my truck.  And possibly the best of all.. Other then the screws and paint, everything was free.. !!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #212 on: Jan 21, 2010, 08:55 PM »
all i can say is WOW!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Frankey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #213 on: Jan 24, 2010, 08:43 PM »

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #214 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:35 PM »

MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #215 on: Jan 25, 2010, 12:34 PM »
I have to say that slide-out shanty is pretty slick.... Got any pics of the furnishings?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #216 on: Jan 25, 2010, 05:49 PM »
I have to say that slide-out shanty is pretty slick.... Got any pics of the furnishings?
that is a great invention!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #217 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:24 PM »

TY...  To be honest, there isn't much inside but a bench seat and a cpl pole holders.  It is made from 3/16 luan with 3/4 x 3/4 framing.  The bottom 8" was coated inside and out with "cheap" spray on bed liner to help waterproof it, then it was all painted with porch /deck paint.  I'm sure that added some extra weight, But figured it would help it last a few more years.    As I mentioned previously, all the wood was free.. And I "designed" / built most of it at work..on the clock... ;D  Boss that it was an awesome design  ;D  There is plenty of room for me and all of my "stuff".  It heats up nicely with a lantern, But if need be I can hook up the heater with the 20# tank outside.   And it is much easier to pull and set up then my "suitcase" style shanty ...There is room for improvement (a more comfortable seat for one ), But I'm happy with it..for now...

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #218 on: Jan 25, 2010, 11:11 PM »
TY...  To be honest, there isn't much inside but a bench seat and a cpl pole holders.  It is made from 3/16 luan with 3/4 x 3/4 framing.  The bottom 8" was coated inside and out with "cheap" spray on bed liner to help waterproof it, then it was all painted with porch /deck paint.  I'm sure that added some extra weight, But figured it would help it last a few more years.    As I mentioned previously, all the wood was free.. And I "designed" / built most of it at work..on the clock... ;D  Boss that it was an awesome design  ;D  There is plenty of room for me and all of my "stuff".  It heats up nicely with a lantern, But if need be I can hook up the heater with the 20# tank outside.   And it is much easier to pull and set up then my "suitcase" style shanty ...There is room for improvement (a more comfortable seat for one ), But I'm happy with it..for now...

What are the dimensions (folded and unfolded) and the weight?
MD

Offline Adirondackhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #219 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:10 AM »

New sled, more additional gadgets to come. need to incorporate a grill on the table area. That is where I carry my shanty now.

Offline slickrick

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline slickrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #221 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:31 PM »
well that did not work ??? how does a newbee get pic into poasts???
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/146/m_0454061d2c3b4fb4953ea50a86001151 (ftp://http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/146/m_0454061d2c3b4fb4953ea50a86001151)

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Everyone Dies, but Not Everyone Lives! RIP T Ryan
« Reply #222 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:33 PM »
well that did not work ??? how does a newbee get pic into poasts???
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/146/m_0454061d2c3b4fb4953ea50a86001151 (ftp://http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/146/m_0454061d2c3b4fb4953ea50a86001151)

PM sent

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Everyone Dies, but Not Everyone Lives! RIP T Ryan
« Reply #223 on: Jan 27, 2010, 07:26 AM »
Slickrick's sled posted for him! (In the back ground)

Offline slickrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #224 on: Jan 27, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Thank you jimmy deam for get'n that pic in.
i built it to pull a 3 section 6x12 insulated deck with 9 holes , covers, and sleves.
i set my quick fish 6 on it. moves like a dream.
we use it to pull our tubs, and everything else.
cost around $ 50.00 to make.

mounted skies on my deck last year, and it was like dragging a dead horse!
conduit is the way to go.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #225 on: Jan 29, 2010, 06:26 PM »
What are the dimensions (folded and unfolded) and the weight?
MD

I finally got what you were asking for...
From the scales at work, my sled /shanty weighs 120 lbs.  Seems like a lot, But I guess every thing adds up...
But as I mentioned before, it pulls very easily, even on snow.  I load and unload it from the back of my truck myself.  The only pain is having to load and unload all of my stuff when flipping it up or down, thus the reason for having multiple buckets..

As for the measurements...  In the sled mode, it is 61" long, 42" wide and 36" tall (Measuing from the ice).  The main box sits 7 1/2" off of the ice... 

When set up as a shanty... it is 61" tall, 42" wide and 50" deep.  The main box is 27" deep and the slide out area (Hole area) is 22" x 42"

Basically it is similiar to a Bananna box with one side cut out of the lid... If that makes any sense..  If you have any questions.. or pics of specific areas , let me know...

Offline joeythejigger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Shhhh, I think I hear them coming!
« Reply #226 on: Jan 29, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Here is my outfit.  I have a Shappell DX3000 and everything else fits on top.  I made the sled out of oak and a pair of youth water skis.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #227 on: Jan 29, 2010, 06:50 PM »

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #228 on: Jan 29, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Dude, I think you're the first one to throw up horns on the Shanty. I dig the the sled. 8)
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #229 on: Jan 29, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Thanks.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #230 on: Jan 29, 2010, 08:50 PM »
Hi All....  ((Orig post on Jan 22, 2010))

I LOVE my Otter 2 mini Ice sled,   and  for several reasons...
- They way they built it,it is very very strong for it's size. ( very thick bottom)
- It can fit in the back of most closed in vehicles.( well small SUV"S now I guess) ( before the rack it was some cars)
- It is easy to pull. ( before the Rack and now just as easy after the slides put on the bottom )
- AND the most important thing of all is.....  I  will never ever will carry anything on my Back again...LOL The rack is  even more important  now since I bought a 24 lb Ice tent this fall... and it lets me haul other people's stuff now even more..( why should they have to carry there things)

I JUST had to make a few  changes on it to suit me... 

First thing the WIFE SAID when she saw the  CAMO DUCT Tape... was .... " Ya know your a Redneck When!....."
All my fishing friends said when I pulled out the back of the Small SUV was... " Oh My Gawd " and Laughed... 
I have been thinking of this build all summer.. and really wanted to use PVC. When I saw the Rod holder that " TubDude" built
and posted for us all. I started on the rod rack ... then I  could not stop thinking about more.. PVC for the rack. had some thoughts of it all summer. BUT when I saw pics of the older Sled that “Bart” built, when a diff style of PVC that gave the courage to try this one.

Here are some Pics of My Revamped " Otter Two Mini Ice sled" ( Phase one is now complete...LOL)

Take care ... Have fun on the Ice and with all those around you....AltaIce

" I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #231 on: Jan 29, 2010, 08:55 PM »
That deserves a big WOW!!!

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #232 on: Jan 29, 2010, 08:58 PM »
A Few more Different Views.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #233 on: Jan 29, 2010, 09:05 PM »
 :)  Thanks " oletimer"

I hope "WOW" in the good way ..LOL

8)

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #234 on: Jan 29, 2010, 09:07 PM »
You got that right Alta. A place for everything and everything in it's place.
Very cooool

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #235 on: Jan 30, 2010, 08:41 AM »
Fine piece of engineering there AltaIce... very impressive.  :clap:

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #236 on: Jan 30, 2010, 10:28 AM »
WOW! That's a very engineered craft there! You have to be a engineer or a
fabricator or even a plumber! Awesome job!
Fish on!

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #237 on: Jan 30, 2010, 11:27 AM »
Thank you very much ...oletimer, Dizzy and Hreg2ha  (Handshakes)

and thanks for not laughing.... LOL

Got to tell ya... Last night I went to bed very very late (12:10 am), Wife helped me Fall asleep..LOL...LOL
 Planned to get up 6:00 am  or so or as late as possible) ( being that would be a sleep in on a day off) Was planning on going down to the Hardware store to pick up all the pieces I needed to finish  Phase Two of my Sled....

Then woke up wide awake at 2:30 am wide awake..LOL  First thing that hit my mind was a new and different idea for a self setting rod holder.....LOL.. So made a pot of coffee and went on down stairs, to work on something...LOL

Anyways.... worked and planned and worked and planned.. LOL until 8:30 , then went down to the hardware store and once again they were all out of the Basic elbows and 90 degrees....*bah*
I had planned to buy a Lot of stuff including pipe etc.but walked out of there a hour later with nothing... Bought the wife breakfast on the way home... Just sitting have a Java , then going to try two other stores later today...
It is nice to work my hands again and have it very relaxing revamping this Otter sled ....  :)

I'm actually really pumped about this new rod holder , striking thingy ma jiggy I have in my head....LOL
I pulled apart half of my phase two to build some of  the rod holder , striker thing jiggy... (L)

Anyways... thanks again  folks... Later .... have a great day and Take Care.

8)

Offline joeythejigger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Shhhh, I think I hear them coming!
« Reply #238 on: Jan 30, 2010, 03:23 PM »

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #239 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:07 PM »
LOL...." joeythejigger " Your right it is a Fish Float,  

Your right again... you do throw it out there.. I have added a hair little weight to the inside of it and firmly wrapped one ( and glued tight) end of a Fifty foot nylon rope to it with the other end hooked up to a harness that can be placed around my shoulder and and or waist .
I hope I never have to use it, but if someone does fall through the ice I get  a chance at throwing it at there head and knocking them out so they slip into the water in peace... LOL

You should have been looking out my Neighbors windows... the Day I was out in the street giving it a test.. I would imagine it looked kinda stupid... (LOL)  ;D  No one came out and ask me what I was doing... (L)   I can only imagine what they thought.

(( The hook on the right , with the red reflector tape ... Can be twisted off fast and the whole rope comes off with one fast swoop))  ( no unwinding )

8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.