Author Topic: Show me your sleds!!!  (Read 159183 times)

Offline juniatabassman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Show me your sleds!!!
« Reply #150 on: Feb 21, 2009, 03:48 PM »
now that is a sled i like it

Offline timtman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GET ER DONE!!!
« Reply #151 on: Feb 22, 2009, 08:23 AM »
Bummer.... my Jet sled has developed a wear hole in the rear corner.... I pull it by hand, never on pavement >:(....any ideas for repairs
Hey Jimmy, Been there done that!! Tore a hole in my portable the second time out, a $300 plus two man AUGH!!! First epoxy or fiberglass the hole to seal it up. Next go to the local snowmobile shop and buy the nisest new machine they have, woops got carried away, that'swhat we all want to do!!. Now go to the parts counter and tell themm you want to but a set of slide rail slides that have been in stock and not selling and your noy gonna pay much cause they're just settin there as dead stock,that parts important to the wallet! Make sure you get some with the long thin tab on the front, most have it, this will contoure to the front of the sled. Bolt the thin tab to the front and bend em down and work your way back with bolts and fender washers inside. Make shure to countersink flathead screws from the bottom so they don't wear.I put four of them on mine as it's big and it pulls and tracks great!! You can drag that baby down the road with the truck buddy. I'll try to send pics of my other sled later for the thread. Good luck!! The Hittman
Keep the wind at your back the sun in your face and only drink beer when your alone or with someone!!!

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #152 on: Feb 22, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Finally finished my new sled!! Luan sides with a padded seat, very comfy. Only fished with it once so far, still need to build some racks for poles and tip-ups to keep everything organized. Adding brackets to the side for the auger and one to the back to hold the pop-up blind. Probably some exterior rod holders too for dead-sticking.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #153 on: Feb 22, 2009, 03:32 PM »

Now that is a nice looking sled !!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #154 on: Feb 23, 2009, 08:28 AM »
Finally finished my new sled!! Luan sides with a padded seat, very comfy. Only fished with it once so far, still need to build some racks for poles and tip-ups to keep everything organized. Adding brackets to the side for the auger and one to the back to hold the pop-up blind. Probably some exterior rod holders too for dead-sticking.
(Image removed from quote.)

nice sled! i also have continental tip-ups. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #155 on: Feb 23, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Here you go...

, , ,

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #156 on: Feb 23, 2009, 08:01 PM »
Come summertime it will double as a fireworks stand :laugh: I like it! A shanty you can stand up in, nice.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #157 on: Mar 04, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Luan sides with a padded seat, very comfy. Only fished with it once so far, still need to build some racks for poles and tip-ups to keep everything organized. Adding brackets to the side for the auger and one to the back to hold the pop-up blind. Probably some exterior rod holders too for dead-sticking.

Needs running lights  ;) Nice job!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #158 on: Mar 04, 2009, 03:50 PM »
I did think about adding some lights for those night trips on the ice. This summer it will get more work done to it I'm sure. The fish finder will be added along with a 12v power source and some interior dividers to keep everything in its place. No reason to leave out the lights after that!
And if I'm super lucky I might get to add a quad to pull it with.  ;D

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Mar 07, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Water skies or skiing skis better to use for building a sled? Is it alright to screw from the bottom to attach them to the box?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #160 on: Mar 08, 2009, 07:42 AM »
Water skies or skiing skis better to use for building a sled? Is it alright to screw from the bottom to attach them to the box?
snow skis. they work better. screw right through the bottom.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline kidfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #161 on: Mar 08, 2009, 09:18 AM »

Offline zooplankton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #162 on: Mar 11, 2009, 05:01 PM »
My sled worked well , the few times I had it out (built it late).My biggest trouble was getting it
on the ice when the snow disappeared ........I will modify with some type of removable wheels.
                                          Zoo.

Offline zooplankton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #163 on: Mar 11, 2009, 05:04 PM »
My sled worked well , the few times I had it out (built it late).My biggest trouble was getting it
on the ice when the snow disappeared ........I will modify with some type of removable wheels.
                                          Zoo.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Offline zooplankton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #164 on: Mar 11, 2009, 05:06 PM »

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #165 on: Mar 11, 2009, 05:12 PM »
I like it Zoo!
I am gonna use your design on my jet sled when the season is over. I was gonna use some old xcountry skis I already have but, I want to use downhill skis as they will be a little shorter.
I can get two or three jet sleds in the back of my truck then.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #166 on: Mar 11, 2009, 05:47 PM »
i'm looking to add wheels myself.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #167 on: Mar 11, 2009, 06:10 PM »
It may develop into a snofox pretty quick ;)

Offline zooplankton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #168 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:02 PM »
It may develop into a snofox pretty quick ;)

Thanks there "JC", I owe it all to "Smitty" for the idea, I went with the 2"x8" uprights
for the snow clearance & the height to be able to sit comfortably when on the prowl
for those "Jumbo's" ;D, I also went with the 5 1/4 round deck boards for cross supports
for stability, when I find the spot I want to set over  the "Guide" will slide right off
(after I remove the bungees) I also varnished all of the wood & sprinkled sand on the
"top side" to help when transporting (no sliding) with the "Icegator" & all of the other
collection of all the things I think I need ??? :-\..... It pulls like a jem across the "Hard water".
I will need to add the wheels (That are easily remove when it hits the ice) In the grass though ,It drags like full cooler of adult beverages through hot beach sand on a 95 deg.July afternoon ::)

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #169 on: Mar 12, 2009, 03:18 PM »
Thanks there "JC", I owe it all to "Smitty" for the idea, I went with the 2"x8" uprights
for the snow clearance & the height to be able to sit comfortably when on the prowl
for those "Jumbo's" ;D, I also went with the 5 1/4 round deck boards for cross supports
for stability, when I find the spot I want to set over  the "Guide" will slide right off
(after I remove the bungees) I also varnished all of the wood & sprinkled sand on the
"top side" to help when transporting (no sliding) with the "Icegator" & all of the other
collection of all the things I think I need ??? :-\..... It pulls like a jem across the "Hard water".
I will need to add the wheels (That are easily remove when it hits the ice) In the grass though ,It drags like full cooler of adult beverages through hot beach sand on a 95 deg.July afternoon ::)

How do you like that Icegator?

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #170 on: Mar 16, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Vintage 1965.. still in use today!

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline mickgugel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #171 on: Aug 26, 2009, 04:50 PM »
just trying to test the avatar.
cool sleds, when I get mine out of the shed I will post pix.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #172 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:32 PM »
avatar pics, you need to resize, and click on direct link, second fron the top, on photobucket.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #173 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:54 PM »
Do your testing in the help section.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #174 on: Aug 29, 2009, 08:42 PM »
the bottom of my jet sled burnt out so i made a box for an now its on skis never any problems

Sweet Sled man :tipup:

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #175 on: Sep 21, 2009, 10:46 AM »
sweeet

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #176 on: Sep 21, 2009, 11:12 AM »
My old sled/shanty

My new one in the works.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline Togueslayah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #177 on: Sep 22, 2009, 10:14 AM »
   I built this sled for those days when I don't want to haul my portable shanty out, but just needed a windbreak and a heater

The goal was to make it as light as possible so I built it out of 1/4" Luan, with spruce 1/2 " 1" framing.  Even though it rides on 2 downhills ski's, it's also sloped like a toboggan so it will ride up on top of deeper snow.   These pics show it with just a rope attached, but I also have a detachable metal hitch I use with the snowmobile.
  I wanted to be able to stow everything inside and tie down my auger so I can zip across the ice without worrying about losing anything. 

The sunflower heater sits down inside the main compartment with the tank resting horizontally in a cradle, and is perfect for keeping the seat and hands warm, and also for cooking on.     Before anyone asks... Yes it IS safe with the heater, and the sides don't get hot enough at all.  (I'm never very far from it anyway)

The poles holding the windbreak are PVC pipe, carefully glued in sections so it's easy to assemble and all comes apart to fit inside.   I sewed up the fabric for the windbreak using a water resistant ripstop nylon fabric, but now wish I would have gone with something a little heavier.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #178 on: Sep 22, 2009, 11:21 AM »
My sleds are warm!
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline TroutFarmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #179 on: Sep 27, 2009, 06:13 PM »
I retrofitted skis on this old Rubbermaid garden trailer with some custom brackets this afternoon.  It should work slick this winter...

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the [ice] like an idiot."  ~Steven Wright

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.