The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Whalom Pond  (Read 1180 times)

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Whalom Pond
« on: Jan 23, 2011, 01:48 PM »
Anyone fish this place?  Going fishing next weekend with bro-in-law and father-in-law and he mentioned wanting to target trout here.  Never been, is it any good?  It's either that or fort pond in littleton, which I know has some nice bass.

Offline bigkris

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Whalom Pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2011, 05:37 PM »
Whalom gets fished pretty hard, good lake though. Plenty of parking along the water front if the boat launch is full. From the boat launch out to the right there is a large shallow flat that drops off about 60 yds from shore, caught a lot of my trout over there. The whole length of the water front is always good, as is the beach front along the other side of the lake, can't park over there anymore a few jerks who like to leave all there trash all ove the place and the town put the fence back up years ago. the back cove is very weedy, have caught some big pickerl and bass back there though. The far right shore from the boat ramp is mixed soft and hard bottom plenty of perch. Most of your trout and salmon come from the boat launch and waterfront. plenty of small bluegills and perch to keep you entertained waiting for a nice rainbow or tiger trout or a broodstock salmon. Good luck and Tight lines.

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:54 PM »
thanks for the advice!!   :tipup:

Offline mbs1957

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:28 PM »
Like Bigkris said it is fished hard and it used to be stocked pretty good in the spring and fall with both trout and salmon I try to ice fish it 2or3 times a year have'nt caught a trout or salmon yet have seen a couple trout and salmon caught straight out from the boat launch it is slow at times.GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Marrocco19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Anyone know I there is still safe ice down here. I was down here 3 weeks ago and they had about 8 inches

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2012, 11:06 AM »
just fished whalom today its completely open. i catch a ton of trout there and thats what everyone fished for the funny thing is i go there with senkos in the summer and the bass fishing is awsome most ot the trout come on chertruse power bait with a red hook the red hook is key ive pulled up and in 1.5-2 hours caught 9 rainbows the guy next to me has been there all day and only got 2 and the only differnce was the red hook i plan on getting some new powerbait and hooks and hitting this week se if i can get a holdover rainbow befor they stock it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.