Author Topic: Chitek Lake  (Read 1742 times)

Offline ZAMBONIMAN5

• IceShanty Rookie
Chitek Lake
« on: Mar 12, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Has anyone been out to chitek lake this winter and if so did you catch anything, is the ice easily accessible...any info would be appreciated. 

Offline ripper22

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Chitek Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2008, 10:42 PM »
Chitek has been slow this year.... only a few jack, but it is a very big lake and we have had our shack in the same spot all year. Might be going up there this weekend actually so I will report back

Offline Mitch_Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2008, 11:09 AM »
went up to chitek this weekend and only caught a few pike.  The lake is easily accessible, there is a road cleared to just out front of the campground on the ice, and there were also trucks driving to the other side just south of the big island where a bunch of shacks are.  Saw lots of walleye on the screen but they werent that interested. 

Offline Mitch_Thor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2008, 02:23 AM »
Was at chitek this weekend. In all we caught 8 fish. 3 walleye and 5 pike, however people around us were having better luck with the walleye.  Good to see the bite at Chitek is finally picking up a little bit.

Offline Bula

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Hey Mitch, did you manage to drive across the lake? I would imagine now with a 4x4 truck the access is reasonable? Please let me know asap as I want to go out tomorrow. Thanks

Offline ripper22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2008, 11:44 AM »
Yes you can drive on the lake... There is a road plowed to in front of the campground, and there is a good enough trail towards the big island that a truck could make it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.