Author Topic: Dunnet fishing  (Read 703 times)

Offline YoungGun96

• IceShanty Rookie
Dunnet fishing
« on: Nov 30, 2012, 10:24 AM »
Does anyone do any fishing on dunnet? What they stock it with? I plan on doing some fishing there this winter and any information will help!!

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Dunnet fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Lake has walleye, pike, suckers and a few jumbo perch. We fish it lots in the summer and have pretty decent luck for pike and walleye.  About 5 years ago it had a good evening walleye bite but we have not done well since that winter.

Two years ago I was launching the boat and the cos had run a net the night before.  They had 3 or 4 walleye over 8 lbs in the net.  The lake has some big fish
Blake from Elbow

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
Re: Dunnet fishing
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2012, 01:32 PM »
Lake has walleye, pike, suckers and a few jumbo perch. We fish it lots in the summer and have pretty decent luck for pike and walleye.  About 5 years ago it had a good evening walleye bite but we have not done well since that winter.

Two years ago I was launching the boat and the cos had run a net the night before.  They had 3 or 4 walleye over 8 lbs in the net.  The lake has some big fish

X2. We had two good seasons out there there about 5-6 years ago but its been downhill since. For a little pothole lake it does kick out the occasional big fish, walleyes up to 8-9 pounds and pike up to 20. There used to be good numbers of perch but now you're lucky to catch 1 perch for every 50 walleyes.

This is the only lake where Ive ever had a real night bite for walleye, we had a shack there for 2 years and quite often we would drive out after work in the dark and fish from 6pm-1am and catch walleyes pretty steady with glowing hooks(pre flasher days).

Worth a shot.  :tipup:
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.