Author Topic: Brightwater creek resvoir  (Read 1786 times)

Offline 2fst4u

• IceShanty Rookie
Brightwater creek resvoir
« on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:28 PM »
Hey Guys

Any word on Brightsand resvoir by Hanley?  Any one go there and if so what would a guy see?  Perch and picks?

Thanks in advance.

Offline ochocenko

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Brightwater creek resvoir
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:31 PM »
I think its Brightwater resivior (correct me if im wrong), and I fished it last year. Apparently there aren't many walleye or perch. Best luck is to go with tipups and catch a few pike - just don't eat them! I made that mistake...

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:10 PM »
All that's in Brightwater is jacks and the odd whitefish.

Offline sully75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2011, 11:37 AM »
There are also perch there but they are very hard to catch.  I saw some on the camera last year, set up a hook with some maggots and put it down the hole but they just sat there and looked at it. 

Offline Paraaronoid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:54 AM »
I think its Brightwater resivior (correct me if im wrong), and I fished it last year. Apparently there aren't many walleye or perch. Best luck is to go with tipups and catch a few pike - just don't eat them! I made that mistake...

Why not eat the pike in Brightwater?

Offline ochocenko

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2011, 10:18 AM »
I caught a couple 2-3lb'ers and thought since it was winter time, it wouldn't be an issue (muddy taste that they get in the summer). I was wrong. I have an iron stomach and can eat just about anything but these were beyond fishy tasting. And it was a cold day that day, they froze up quick on the ice. Maybe just unlucky but I won't chance wasting fish like that again.

Offline CHUCK88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:36 PM »
me and the boys are heading out there this weekend. I was just wondering if anybody has being out lately and what they where catching??
lowering the BOOM...... Fish On

Offline MYATUK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:46 PM »
Don't waste your time. They haven't been biting. You would have better luck at Blackstrap, Broderick, Zelma or Bradwell if you want to fish reserviors. Seen some walleye come out of Bradwell and Zelma, just need to find something they will bite. I used deer liver from last fall and they seemed to like it for a little while, after about an hour of that they wouldn't bite anything. I have found smelts have not been working so well this year on the tip ups, try thin strips of heart or liver.

Offline CHUCK88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:33 PM »
k thanks for the update
lowering the BOOM...... Fish On

Offline sully75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2011, 08:06 PM »
We were out for about 6hrs two saturdays ago and caught 10 jacks.  Plus mant more hits on the tip ups. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.