Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630052 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18540 on: Feb 08, 2020, 10:00 PM »
Got after the second dosing of snow on the drive, only got around to half of what landed on the deck.  Drive into work was not as bad as it could have been.

Drug my feet going in for my closing shift to take in the first half of Kansas Jayhawks game.  See they closed it out with a win :clap:  Pigged out on King Crab Legs for the Mrs and daughters B-day this evening.

Well its set in stone now, Sportsman's Warehouse if taking over what was my last Gander Mountain store (8 mile drive) and got a job offer.  Sportsman's now has in place a former Store Manager that I worked with before it closed up.  Had put in for full time in hopes of healing the bank account some.  Still a little wishy as if the offer is for Full time or just part time.  Let it be known that I consider myself a good candidate to Manage their Archery Department as well.  Got left with Store Manager still pondering where I would be the "Best Fit" I am sure the former Target Store Manager, that was slated to be the fishing department Manager that also works at Camping World with me when we signed on with what was to be a Gander Outdoors going into the Parker location, What 2 years ago   ???  :unsure: and think he is applying to manage fishing.  From the postings looks like they are looking to staff all departments. So will have to see what works out.  Camping ?, Hunting ?, Gift Shop ?  Foot ware ?  :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Mrs saying guessers say 40% of snow again tonight, looks like I know what I will be doing tomorrow.  Still trying to put the cough/cold on the run, but think I am getting
there.

Stay Safe all See ya in the morning. 
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18541 on: Feb 09, 2020, 04:50 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 0* and very clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Marv...…….It looks like you had a nice fire going, did you have a couple of toddy's while it was burning. ???
                         Bud...……..That's a compliment to be offered a job, sounds like the right move. Good luck! :clap:
                         Tom...…….11 years is a while, it's too bad that the association went the way it did. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                         Eddie...…..I hope you are on the way to Champlain as I type, Good luck up there and it's cold -*. :thumbsup: :flex:
                         Wally...…..I didn't hear on the news that there was that much snowfall out your way. It's was the freezing rain/ice
               that has made our life miserable here. :whistle: All that snow isn't helping ice conditions either. :%$#!:
                         Steve...….I saved you for last because my reply might be a little lengthy. OK we are going on 39 hours that we've been
               without power and according to National Grids website the projected time for us to get our power back is 11:30 tonight. :%$#!:
               There are numerous trees laying on power lines and phone lines as well, with a lot of broken lines. Yesterday our phone and
               internet went out, so the only communication was either in person or texting, and that always didn't get it done! ::) Luckily
               I can get the 10 miles to town to get more gas, they have cleared almost all the trees so there is only one detour. Hopefully
               today that part of the main road will be open. :unsure: The gas consumption with my generator isn't to bad. The first 8 hours
               I went through 4.5 gal. then the next 8 hours I went through 2.5 gal., it's all based on load usage. Then the next 5 hours 1.5 gal.
               I just went out after 10 hors of running time at put in 3.5 gal.. Also I think the engine is get broke in so it using less gas. :unsure:
               I don't want to store a lot of gas and rely on a treatment, I'll keep 10 gals. around but it will get used between snow blower in winter
               and lawn mower in summer. :whistle:
                         This morning my #3 son and I will go over to his house and take my Honda 200 watt generator over to hook up to his boiler
               and get that running.
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18542 on: Feb 09, 2020, 05:15 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  8* with some cloud cover hiding the full moon, high of 31 today.

Jeff...I sure wish I was set up on the ice right now... my sons both had commitments today so I took a pass going that far. Heading to the local lake for a few hours this am. Glad the generator is working out well, fingers crossed National Grid will get you back on line sooner than tonight!

Truck is running....will catch up to you all later this morning!   Cawfee’s on...

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18543 on: Feb 09, 2020, 06:30 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....good luck, hope the fish are hungry  :icefish:

IW......spectrum was out all over the northeast yesterday, some broken fiber optic line  ::)  hope National Grid gets you back online earlier than expected  :whistle:

IFF.....fingers crossed Sportsman Warehouse realizes your experience/value and makes you an offer you can't refuse  ;)2  Happy birthday wishes for MrsIFF and your daughter  :clap:

TT....I'm sure wherever you might go, there would be a senior center welcoming you and MrsTT with open arms  :thumbsup:

MrC....much prefer doing DMV business online whenever possible, going in person usually ends up taking at least an hour to complete the task  :%$#!:

Nothing much planned for today, looks like rain coming this way tomorrow  :blink: 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18544 on: Feb 09, 2020, 06:43 AM »
5* this morning. Trees are still loaded with snow and ice. I have heard there are a lot of people without power North of here. Have seen a lot of trucks heading that way.
IFF, not sure where the nearest SW is to where I live. I know there was a GM down in Kingston. Good luck.
TT, I agree with WW, I am sure there will be a Senior Center just waiting for another trained worker. If you find a location with NO senior's let me know, I could move....lol

Daughter and the dogs came up for a visit yesterday.

Have a good day, back to bowling tonight. That should be fun....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18545 on: Feb 09, 2020, 07:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 12* here and very sunny. Past 2 days have been horrible weather wise. Lost our internet. My wife had a Drs appointment with the diabetes doctor. He says she is doing very well. I’m going in for a lumbar puncture with fluoroscopy this week. Hoping it works. Would be nice to be headache free. Have a court date in March for the Workers comp claim. They never came up with real money.

Hunts2long, That was nice that your daughter brought the dogs over. Good luck tonight bowling.

WallyWorld, Hope you have a good day. Weather guessers are saying rain all week.

Mason Eddie, Good luck today on the ice.

Ice Wanderer, How is your wife feeling? Hopefully you get power back on soon. Hopefully your generator gets son#3 boiler going.

IFF, Hope you feel better,

I hope everyone has a great day and gets outside. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18546 on: Feb 09, 2020, 08:42 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

The main snow event appears to have tracked south of us, We will probably get 4-6" but much better than they had guessed.

Eddie best of luck on the ice :icefish:

IW Balls! That's a long time before they get you back on. It's sure a good thing you watched out for yourself when you set yourself up with the generator :thumbsup: Yes I did on your toddy question ;D

Bud best of luck on the job, hope you land where you want :thumbsup:

h2l Best of luck bowling :thumbsup:

Yesterday we took a ride to the shack. Not as much snow as I was expecting however too much to drive in with the trailer attached. We took a ride out back and were surprised to see all the deer activity. There were large areas torn up where the deer had yarded-up.  Also lots of scratching down to the ground from the turkeys, and a couple of wolf tracks. The snow had slid off the roof wich is a good thing. The bad thing is it also blocked the front door with a solid block of ice packed snow.

Last year this was the weekend we drove into WI to watch the weigh in of the sturgeon from Lake Winnebago. We had discussed going this year but decided not to. The ice over there like all over has been beyond sketchy. The tradition of the modern spearing season goes back into the early 50's, and many weren't going to let the bad ice keep them away. The number of houses and success was well off the pace by near 48%, but bottom line the season went on as scheduled. I remember last year a few were interested in the daily results so if I can find them I will post the numbers.

Here is yesterdays biggest fish and official outcome from day 1.

Time to check out the snow.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18547 on: Feb 09, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Good Morning ER's WS I just saw that on the morning news. IW hope you get the power back soon. Bud sounds like your near the top for a new position good luck on landing the one you want. Eddie catching anything out there today? The little rod you asked was a old Frabill about 16 in. I sold it to Fishin Friesz a IS member from Whitehall MT and then he caught a perch 2.12 lbs. I wasn't to far off the state record. He has pic of both. This was the rod my daughter out fished me with. Yes I was trying. I have since found a 24 in. the same model. I-45 glad your wife got good check up hope your procedure goes as well. H2L good luck bowling tonight.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18548 on: Feb 09, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Morning ER's!! Somehow I lost a day and thought today was Saturday!! ::) My pills were in my pill minder for Saturday!! Totally forgot to take them!! 'Oldtimers' strikes again!! It looks like we'll just get mainly rain from this storm heading east.  Our home phone was out and after a lengthy cell phone call to Spectrum, we got it working again!! I hope everyone has a great SUNDAY and everything goes well!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18549 on: Feb 09, 2020, 01:21 PM »
Dang WS.....what a fish  :o :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  they are illegal to target in NYS, but boy, would I love to catch one (only by mistake of course  :whistle: )  hard to imagine them being the intended catch (by spearing no less) in a contest  :blink:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18550 on: Feb 09, 2020, 04:22 PM »
Good afternoon-evening everyone :bow:

Here is the day 2 sturgeon harvest report.

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIDNR/2020/02/09/file_attachments/1376281/Day%202%20Harvest%20Report.pdf

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18551 on: Feb 09, 2020, 05:43 PM »
Good evening I was without internet or phone service this morning and afternoon finally I disconnected computer and phone from power supply and after a minute plugged back in everything is now working. Like Wallyworld and OldSailor also use Spectrum . What snow we had only left a coating on the ground and vehicles most of it has already melted away.
IFF belated happy birthday wishes to your wife and daughter. If you had a good relationships with the two people you mentioned I think you will be hired by Sportsmen's Warehouse .
Ice Wanderer I realize the more devices you have plugged in the faster a generator goes through it's fuel supply. I agree even with treatment gasoline goes bad and then you have wasted money not to mention the fire hazzard caused by storing large amounts of gasoline. Hope you have your power restore and were able to get son#3's boiler started with your smaller portable generator. I assume most gas stations have back up generators so the pumps work during power outages.
Eddie may you have had a good day at the local lake. Hopefully you and your sons get in a trip together before this season ends.
Icefisher-45 good to read diabetes  doctor is happy with your wife's condition. May the procedure work and you finally get relief from the headaches. Best to you with the worker's comp.
Hunts2long the Gander in Kingston,NY. is now closed believe Camper's World/Gander Outdoors wants all their locations to have the space to sell/display and repair RV's. Hope you had a nice visit with Lindsay and the grand puppies . Best to you with tonight's bowling.
Wallyworld I used my cell to call a friend this morning to see if he had land line phone service he did but only uses Spectrum for TV and internet. He told me their was a major problem with Spectrum's system in your area of NY. I dreading when my current driver's license expires DMV now wants all eyeglass wearers to have a photo of you wearing your glasses on the license so that means a visit to local office and spending an hour or more of your time.
Whopper Stopper glad you found the shack in good condition and were able to get into it after some shoveling. Thank you for the photos and reports on the sturgeon spearing. like Wallyworld posted here in NY. they are a protect fish and must be released if caught. Think we have the Atlantic species here in NY.
Old Goat that is a small ice fishing rod Fishin Friesz must of had a fight bringing in that perch. Good to read you got out fishing with your daughter maybe next trip you will catch all the fish.
Oldsailor you might want to post a check list on your fridge or somewhere else in your home and mark it after taking your pills of course you need to remember to do that every day. Hope you did not suffer any ill effects from missing your medications for a day.
I don't know how many of you have seen Drifter-016's last few posts in the Cabin thread. He is still battling the flu but did get to the Hockey Day in Canada Alumni game and posted some photos of former players who attended. I hope he only has not flu and not something more serious. Get well sonn Drifter/Dave.

May everyone have a safe and pleasant evening.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18552 on: Feb 10, 2020, 02:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  29* with snow falling, only an inch or so expected, high of 41 today.

Steve...very slow for me with the fishing yesterday morning and the lake in general...only saw 3 other guys out by the time I pulled my gear. Hoping to get a trip in with both the boys, so much going on with everyone and the weather, lol, it’s tough to nail down a day. Glad everything worked out with your phone and internet service!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks again for the sturgeon updates and pictures, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Man, that’s  got to be a rush peering down in the hole and seeing one of those monsters coming in! Good luck with the tree jobs today if that’s on the agenda.   :thumbsup:
  OS...hope missing the meds didn’t create any problems for you Sir! Glad you’re service is back on again.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...speaking of service, hope National Grid has you all up and running! Good luck today if you’re heading out with Jon fishing!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...very good news on your wife, hope to hear the same on you with the treatment this week!   :thumbsup:
  OG...nice to hear the good luck from that rod was passed along...anything on the rack you want to sell me? I can’t buy a bite lately!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  H2... hope you and the team swept up the lanes again last night!  :thumbsup:  Read they cancelled the Challenge...probably upset a few, but better safe than sorry.
  Wally...rain days are good for shopping....perhaps some boat goodies today?   :whistle: :thumbsup:
  Bud...Happy be-lated Birthday wishes to your wife and daughter....best of luck with the new position Sir!   :clap:

About the best thing I caught yesterday was the sunrise, lol, the fish were tight lipped to everything I offered. It was fun trying though and quite peaceful with nobody else in my area.
  Not certain what’s on the work agenda today, we’ve got plenty of area ready to pour but don’t think that will happen...although we’ve been surprised before.   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18553 on: Feb 10, 2020, 03:50 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's 27* and snowing here on my hill. ::)
                               Eddie...…...National Grid came through, my power was returned around 5 pm yesterday. :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:
                  Even though I had my generator it was nice to get full power restored, I don't have to hear the generator running. :whistle:
                               Steve...…..I got my sons outside boiler going and heat in his house, but it was still 45* in side his house when we
                  got there. :thumbsup: I store my gas outside in my wood shed, it's far enough away from my house to cause any damage. :blink:
                               I-45...…...My wife is doing quite well, she is getting a little red where they treat her, but with some Aloe lotion it's
                  not that bad. But tomorrow they start what they call "Boost Treatments" where they give a lower dose of radiation but narrow
                  the radiation to where her tumor was. She has those for 5 days then she's done with those. :clap: I'm glad to read that your
                  wife is still doing well with the blood sugar, is she still getting tired. ???
                              Marv...…...Those were some monster Sturgeon from last year, I remember when you posted them. :thumbsup:
                              OS...……….I'm guessing your wife will start the radiation treatments today, tell her good luck and if my wife can
                  go through it, it should be a walk in the park for  an ex navy woman. :flex:
                              H2L...……..I hope you and your team took all the games last night. :flex:
                              Wally...…..Since there isn't enough ice to your liking working on the boat is a good idea. :thumbsup:
                              Not fishing today, I have some things to catch up on from the weekend, some things came to a halt with the power outage.
                              I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18554 on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:45 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+7 heading into the 20's today.

Eddie sorry to read of the tough bite :%$#!: You are right about that being a beautiful sunrise :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have a excellent week :thumbsup:

IW glad to see your power was restored :thumbsup: The pictures I posted are from this year, the spearing is going on now and likely for the next 14 days before quota is met.

WW hope you have an excellent week no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup:

h2l hope you had a good night bowling :thumbsup:

Not sure which direction I am heading today. The trees are loaded with snow so I'm not overly excited about working on them. I guess I can always dig out the list and look it over :woot:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18555 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:03 AM »
29* and about 3 or 4 inches of new snow.
IW, glad the power is back and that the wife is doing well.
WS, I can't believe the size of those fish. Does anyone eat them?
Eddie, nice picture. Looks like you may have had the whole lake to yourself.
We don't have Spectrum in the area that I live in or I would get it. Dish for TV and Frontier for telephone and internet.
We took 1 of 4 points last night. One of the guys on the other team had a perfect game until the 10th frame, ended up with an open and a 264 game. We are still in first place.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18556 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:08 AM »
Morning all,

WS....those are some awesome fish  :o   :o  what a rush that must be, pulling one onto the ice   :flex: :bow:  have a great day whatever you decide to do  ;)2

IW.....glad to hear your power's back  :thumbsup: :clap:  outages are always a stark reminder how much we take for granted everyday  :whistle: 

MrC.....think the Spectrum outage affected 3 or 4 states most of Saturday afternoon  :wacko:  glad you were able to reboot your system w/o needing a service call  :clap:

H2L.....hope your team swept the points again last night on the alleys  :flex:

IF45.....thoughts and prayers sent for a positive outcome from this week's procedure  :)  fingers crossed court goes in your favor  ;)

Eddie.....beautiful sunrise for sure  :thumbsup:  sorry the fish wouldn't cooperate  :(  looks like another little cold snap at week's end, should tighten any slush on the lakes for the weekend fishers   :icefish:  :clap:

OS.....today is Monday sir  :whistle:  ;)2  :woot:

37 and raining this morning  :cookoo:  grocery shopping on the agenda  :-\  I think we're pretty much set on new stuff for the boat (if there's any such thing as "enough" stuff  ;D )   can't wait for some really nice weather to pull in out of the barn and wash/wax the outside and scrub the inside   :flex:  best part is NO CARPET  :clap:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning H2L....glad to hear you're still in first place   :flex: :clap: you aren't missing anything not having Spectrum, except high costs   :nono:  :pinch:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18557 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:29 AM »
"OS.....today is Monday sir"  :whistle:  ;)2  :woot:

Thanks Mom!!! :thumbsup: ;)2 :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18558 on: Feb 10, 2020, 07:47 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+7 heading into the 20's today.

IW glad to see your power was restored :thumbsup: The pictures I posted are from this year, the spearing is going on now and likely for the next 14 days before quota is met.

Marv...…... My mistake sometimes fish look the same and I have CRS! LOL. :roflmao:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18559 on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:50 PM »
Good evening everyone :thumbsup:

Day 3 sturgeon tally's are in

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18560 on: Feb 10, 2020, 10:58 PM »
Good evening cloudy rainy day here  don't think i saw the sun at all.
Eddie it is hard at times getting everyone schedules to align and allow you to fish with others. May you see more action on the next trip.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your power was restored earlier by 5 and not 11:30. Think son #3 should look into getting his own generator to keep his wood boiler going when the power grid is down 45 degrees inside during the Winter is a little chilly. Great to read your wife is handling the radiation treatments with minor side effects.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the sturgeon spearing reports besides harvesting the eggs if they are present at this time of year for caviar do folks eat other parts of the fish. Hope you found an item or two on the Honey Do or your personal list to work on today.
Hunts2long not familiar  with how frontier's system works one problem with using Spectrum for phone and internet is that when the power grid is down you have no internet or land-line phone service. You may remember spectrum's predecessor Time Warner's commercials back in the late 1980's or early 1990's with the English butler named Sir Charge . My father compared costs between ATT and Time Warner and decided to make the switch there were a few times we were without phone service at the house until we purchased cell phones. Here at the condo complex don't have much choice the buildings were wired for cable when built and currently satellite dishes or antenna's not allowed so you have to use a cable system for TV and internet. Believe ATT's system has a back up system for phone service during power grid failures or it did back in the day's of Bell telephone.
Wallyworld did not realize Spectrum's system problem was so wide spread. I'm happy rebooting my equipment restored phone and internet service still having the same connection problems at times that had me place a service call back in late January. Trying leaving one program on my computer off for a couple of days to see if that is part of the internet connection problem. If I lose phone service the internet also goes down all part of life I guess is a pain at times so might need another service call to get things corrected.
OldSailor did your remember to take your medications today. ;D. Best to your wife when see starts the radiation treatments.
Capt.Jim any improvements with your health issues. May your current work jobs be going well .
Tomturkey may you have a good meeting with the county Senior program manager. Hope all is good with you and the family.

Have a good night everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18561 on: Feb 11, 2020, 02:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  31* and calm, may see rain/sleet mix this am, high of 39.

Steve...I’m casting blame on the full moon for the last bad outing, lol.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks again for sharing updates and pictures, some really impressive fish being harvested! Hope you found something to keep you occupied yesterday... :thumbsup:
  Wally...saw some cold weather coming our way also...a little rain right now would be good to knock some of that snow down.  :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats on staying in 1st place! So close for the other bowler throwing a 300, tough break!   :clap:
  OS...I won’t remind you it’s Tuesday.   ;D
  Jeff...glad the power came back on earlier than expected, excellent!   :clap:  That generator sure was a good investment this season.   :thumbsup:
  Drifter...hope you’re feeling better today Sir!  :thumbsup:

No concrete yesterday and probably not again today. They had us all on different inside jobs for the most part and starting to get things ready for terrazzo. I worked on machinery most of the day...no complaints here.  :thumbsup:
  Lobbying and protest day today....will snap some pictures if I get a chance...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18562 on: Feb 11, 2020, 05:11 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

23 heading to near 30 later today. By tomorrow afternoon some snow and sharper temperatures moving in.

Eddie enjoy the indoor time, hope they find another good task for you :thumbsup: No end to the indoor chores here ;D

mr.clean many smoke the sturgeon. I have always heard it is the best smoked fish you will ever eat, I have only had it years ago and don't remember much about it. When were there last year I think most we talked to said they were going to smoke it, however to clarify a lot depended on the size and the forage they were grazing on. It seemed shad or worms gave it an off taste. If they were small eating the right food frying was also mentioned. I had written a bunch of stuff down last year but one of my chores on the "list" was to get rid of all my "stupid notes". Yep I did  :roflmao:

WW hope the grocery shopping went well :thumbsup:

OS you probably won't forget your medicine any time soon :roflmao:

I am back to the garage today. I am going to spend some time on my snowblower. It's been running great, I want it to stay that way. I need to grease it and tighten the drive chain a bit.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18563 on: Feb 11, 2020, 05:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                       It's 32* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                       Eddie...…….I bet it felt good to do something different for a change. :thumbsup:
                       Marv...……..I wish my snowblower was a chain drive instead of belt driven, changing belts is a PITA. :%$#!: You're smart to keep
              it up to snuff. :thumbsup:
                       Drifter...…..I hope you can shake whatever you have. :whistle:
                       H2L...……….I'm glad to read that your team is still in first place. :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:             
                       Steve...…...My son is a little on the put off until tomorrow side, and he is laid off from work now but will be back next month, maybe
              he'll plan to get one when he build some extra $$$. :whistle:
                       Wally...…...I think winter is going to drag on so boat washing will have to wait. :unsure: I'm itching to get my new pontoon boat to
              where I can check it out. :flex:
                        Today is another putter day in my basement, it got a little unorganized over the weekend.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday eith at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18564 on: Feb 11, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Quick post before heading to thee city for the wife's appointment  with her new orto doctor. It has been two weeks since they drew the fluid out of her knee so the should have results out of the test they sent out.

I spent most of yesterday blowing and pushing snow yesterday. We got 6 inches of snow Sunday. It had just started when we came home from doing some clean up at the senior center. Luckily it was not heavy wet stuff for a change. By the time I got  the major blowing done the sun had softened it so it did not blow that good. Sounds like rain again next week by what the guesser just said.

Marv  There is only one lake that we are allowed to spear sturgeon on. The quota is small so it only lasts one day. There is on area on the east side of the state that has a short open water season on them. The guy I sent  the link to goes over to Wisconsin every year after sturgeon.
I need to open up the drive on my blower as the reverse is slow. I might take it down to the guy that I bought a motor for my tiller and let him go over it. When I bought the motor from him I gave the old motor to him for parts.

OS I have forgotten to take my handful of morning meds a few times. I never saw any difference in how I felt. Some times I wonder if I need some of them. Even the metformin I take for my diabetes.

Steve?WW We have Spectrum here. There are a lot of times we have trouble with there service. The worst part is how much the cost has gone up. More than double of where it started.

IW You might look into putting Sea Foam in the gas in your generator. I have been putting an ounce per gallon in all of my small engine gas since it came out. Most will start on the first or second pull. I do not know how old the gas was in my chain saw was but it started right up.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18565 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:04 AM »
Morning all,

MrC....our cable/internet/landline/security system are all bundled with Spectrum, when it goes out we lose everything  ::)  they keep raising prices and we keep losing tv channels  >:(  I saw on the news you can call and get some small amount refunded for Saturday's outage, so a phone call is on the to do list today  ;)2   seems it should be an automatic refund since the company already knows who lost their service  :-\

Eddie.....hope you have another "no complaints here" kind of day  :woot:  looking forward to hearing what today's whiners, oooppppss meant to say protesters are in Albany for  ;)

WS.....shopping went as well as expected   :cookoo: :%$#!:  always reminds me why I hate leaving my house  :whistle:  I am in awe of those fish, thanks for keeping us updated  :bow:

IW.....seems National Grid should refund some $$$$ to you for all the hours your power was out, might be worth a call  ;)  best wishes to MrsIW as she wraps up her treatments  :flex: :thumbsup:

IFF/Drifter/CapJ....hope you're all on the road to recovery  :)

OS....does MrsOS begin treatments this week  ???

H2L.....how's the lake holding up with the warmer temps  ???  lots of reports around here of people taking a dip, wheelers going in, snowmobiles getting stuck   :wacko: 

Did a quick drive by a local lake (Delta) yesterday, even from the road you could see the water soaking up thru the snow, looks like a slushy mess  :(
only a couple brave souls out neither got very far off shore, has to be tough walking  :-\  hoping the cold temps coming at week's end freezes that slop up  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning TT.....fingers crossed MrsTT gets some answers with the new doctor and her knee starts feeling better  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18566 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:28 AM »
32* and cloudy.
Mr. Clean, we live on a 3 mile section of Rt. 30 that Spectrum will not run cable because there are not enough customers. Most of the power poles are on right a way though the woods, no customers there.  We do not have cell service where we live, but 3 miles down the road we do.
WS, thanks for sharing more pictures with us.
Eddie, it would have been a cool morning for the Walleye Challenge, they are saying -14 for Sat morning. I would like to "shoot" that Ground Hog.
Have a good day...h2l

WW, I see you posted, with the snow we have gotten, I am sure there is some slush under it. Sunday there weren't many on this end of the lake. Have heard of a few atv's having to be pulled out but I would bet most are getting into trouble along the edges. The lake has dropped about 5 feet in the last 3 or 4 weeks.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18567 on: Feb 11, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Good morning again everyone :bow:

I came across a link to a TV station in WI that had asked people to send pictures of their speared sturgeons. There are some great fish pictures and as you page through them you can almost feel the strong tradition that goes with the season. One guy I had read about on a forum speared his first fish within 10 minutes of the opener, which was also his first year of going. For another guy it was his 40th season and he was still waiting to see his first fish, crazy stuff.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. The link will take you to the page, scroll down a bit and click on the link to pictures. It seems it updated right along so you can just keep checking it.

WS

https://fox11online.com/sports/outdoors/32-sturgeon-speared-monday-feb-10-2020

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18568 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:54 AM »
WS....Couldn't get the pics to scroll on my laptop, but worked great on my phone  :)  awesome pics  :clap: :clap:  thanks so much for sharing  :thumbsup: :bow:  our lakes are having issues keeping walkers on top and they're driving trucks on those lakes  :blink:  :wacko:

Just finished talking with Spectrum, getting $13.77 credit for Saturday's outage, better than nothing  :thumbsup:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18569 on: Feb 11, 2020, 11:51 AM »
WW making progress, but not 100% yet.  Got a repeat of last years skin infection on my calf's so for now back to the same treatment, to fight it off and keep swelling to a minimum.

Been a little unusual having repeats of snow day after day.  I am not about to be an ice tester on the local low altitude lakes.  Looks like my ice season is going to amount to the one trip. :( :( :(
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.