Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1621687 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17070 on: Sep 28, 2019, 11:57 AM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Beautiful day out. No workers on the house today. My wife is working but going to try and bug out early the church is having a pork dinner tonight.

Mr Clean, I am very lucky to have my wife by my side. She would do anything for me as I would do anything for her. Unfortunately there are no enclosed malls around us for walking clubs.

WallyWorld,  Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you with grandkids games. Do they have games on Sunday as well?

Ice Wanderer, I hope your wife’s mother is doing well and surgery was a success. Continued prayers 🙏🙏🙏🙏.

Hunts2long, I hope your wife is feeling better and you both have a great day.

Mason Eddie, Good luck today. Hopefully you hook a big Salmon.

Tom Turkey, Hope your wife is getting around better each day.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you have a good day. You must be at the shack. Hopefully you got your boat in storage on time.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those fishing on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17071 on: Sep 28, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Good afternoon Everyone :bow:

I heard from IW today. He said his his wife's mother had her surgery and is doing fine. The Dr said she will be mowing her lawn by Tuesday :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having an excellent day :thumbsup:

Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17072 on: Sep 28, 2019, 11:01 PM »
Whopper Stopper thank you for posting the news on IW's mother in law happy to read surgery went well and she is expected to have a good recovery.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17073 on: Sep 29, 2019, 05:13 AM »
Morning all,

IW....glad to hear your M-I-L is doing well  :)

Eddie....hope your  time on the river went well   ;D

IFF.....hope you aren’t in the path of that blizzard  :o

WS....thanks for the updates on IW’s M-I-L ;)

Well we’re 2-4-1 on games so far, 3 more today  @) then a rather quiet afternoon/evening. We’ll be heading home tomorrow morning.

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17074 on: Sep 29, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Not much on the board today as my wife is working. Got to go to Mass last night and attended a great stuffed pork dinner with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans. Desert was homemade blueberry cake with vanilla bean ice cream. Very good turnout.

WallyWorld, Sounds like you have a fun day planned today fortunately it is beautiful out.

Ice Wanderer, That’s great news about your mother in law.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing ice Wanderer mother in laws update.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17075 on: Sep 29, 2019, 06:48 AM »
54* this morning and the sun is up.
IW, good to hear that the MIL is doing well.

Wife and I went out to Wolcott for the 40th Anniversary party yesterday for one of her cousins. We got to see the wife's Aunt and Uncle, cousins and all their kids and grandchildren. Had a good time, just didn't stay too long. Way too many kids running around and the wife has to be careful around kids.

WW, looks like the teams are doing pretty good. Hope you have a good trip home.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17076 on: Sep 29, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

50 with rain most of the night. Today is expected to be clouds, showers and cool. By tonight a front passes through and tomorrow another hot sticky rain day.

WW safe travels to you when you return. Sounds like a fun time :thumbsup:

Eddie I sure hope you had some luck and took some pictures :thumbsup:

IW hope your return home is uneventful, glad your MIL is doing well  :thumbsup:

Today is packing day here. Thursday morning we are taking off to Kansas to pick up the s-i-l who will be winding up a conference, and from there we will be Colorado bound for some elk watching for a 10 day get away. The girls have a bunch of things picked out to do and see. One thing for sure, it will be a good time.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17077 on: Sep 29, 2019, 08:02 AM »
47* this morning with some heavy rain moving in. Upper 80s guessed for tomorrow with possible frost next week end. What a roller coaster.

The wife is doing pretty good to the point I had to drive her to play bingo two nights. She is having some pain in her lower leg for some reason. She has an appointment tomorrow so may be that can be figured out.

IW It is good to here that your MIL will be on the mend in short order. Prayers sent that the doctor is right.

Marv My son put  up a hanging branch in between two of the food plots at my tower blind that has already seeing some action. Steve on M-S has a thread on that site about his plus there are more. Steve is the owner of M-S and a good guy. Bad part is I can not see the hanging branch from the tower. Not where I wanted it.
it sounds like a good trip in the plans. Maybe you can meet up with IFF while you are out there. I think he is around Denver. Denver traffic was horrendous when I was out there back in 1990 on an elk hunting trip. Must be worse now. Hopefully you see more elk than I did.

They are spraying for mosquitos in some areas of southern Michigan because of an EEE out break. A few people have died in the state from contracting EEE from mosquitoes.  It sounds like the bee keepers are going to take a hit with the spraying. They are rushing to get the honey out of their hives before the spraying as they can not sell it after the spraying.  Like they do not have enough troubles with hive collapse.

I got most of the dry wall put up yesterday. There will be some extra finishing as it got torn up some by the guy getting it down for me. The sent the shortest guy to get is down. Now to figure out how I am going to get the plumbing run for the vanity. The wiring is done.

ww Sounds like a busy weekend for the grandkids. We did a lot of traveling to be there for our grandkids too. Just not that far. I am sure that the grandkids appreciate you being there.The worst was when the wife's grand daughter was in marching band for state finals. It was held in down to Detrot. Not a safe place to be. Her senior year her band took state. She was known as the best piccolo player in the state. She is now teaching music in a school in Arizona

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17078 on: Sep 29, 2019, 09:14 AM »
Good morning cloudy sky earlier has now cleared sunny but windy with gusts in the 15-20 mph range. Like Mr.Turkey weather guessers say my area will see a roller coaster of temperatures this week with the high temperature on Wednesday reaching 85 and the cooling to the upper fifties on Friday.
Icefisher-45 good to see the two of you got to mass and the dinner last night. I've found over the years church dinners/breakfasts,etc. usually have good food at reasonable price.
Wallyworld your grand children sure keep busy with their sports must cost your son and DIL a small fortune . Have a safe journey home tomorrow enjoy any Fall colors you may see on the trip.
Hunts2long glad you had a good time at the anniversary party.
Whopper Stopper you and the girls have a good trip. Looking forward to the photos on your return.
Tom Turkey happy to hear your wife is getting out may the doctor have some idea tomorrow what is causing the lower leg pain.
Eddie waiting for your fishing report and any photos.
Ice Wanderer may your MIL have a quick and good recovery from her fall. A safe trip to the two of you whenever you plan to return home.

A safe and good Sunday to all. best to everyone casting a line or hunting.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17079 on: Sep 30, 2019, 02:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  50* and fair skies this am, high of 64 today. Super busy day yesterday helping a friend move and catching up on the house duties.

Jeff...very good news on your M-I-L, wishing her the best with a speedy recovery!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...seeing a few overnight lows in the 30’s this week...still a ways off, but it’s coming again!   :icefish:  ;D
  Tom... glad to read your wife’s  recovery is coming along pretty well, hope today’s Dr. appointment finds the cause of the lingering pain. Way to go wrapping up the sheet rock!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...that’s going to be an awesome trip to the Rockies with the ladies! I hope the weather is favorable and the Elk are plentiful.  :clap: :thumbsup:  Are you going to be heading to Rocky Mountain National Park and the Granby area? 
God’s Country with the biggest sky driving around at over 10,000 feet above sea level...enjoy!   :bow:
  H2... glad you had a good time at the Anniversary, hope the team did well with the bowling last evening!  :thumbsup:
  I-45...sounds like a wonderful dinner after the service, it made me hungry after reading that!   ;D  :thumbsup:  Hope the headaches have lessened and today’s work at the house isn’t too bad with the hammering.
  Wally...busy weekend with the grandkids! Congratulations to them with their wins and participation with the losses.  :clap: :thumbsup:  Have a safe ride back!

The fishing wasn’t too bad, trying to find a spot that wasn’t elbow to elbow was the tough part, lol. Combat fishing was more like it!   ;D.
  I finally broke the ice and landed one King....39” long, weighed 20.15lbs. Had quite a few hook ups, but between hooks pulling out, line breaking, people not pulling their lines or casting at the fish as it rolled in front of them, well, lol, that’s the only one I can claim from the trip.
  Watched two guys have their fly Rods snapped like toothpicks trying to stop the salmon from running down the fast water...that was unfortunate, but must say comical. Haven’t heard so many swear words grouped together in one sentence in quite a long time!   :roflmao:
  My sons and their buddy just left for another crack at the salmon, hopefully they do better than I did. 
  Back to the sidewalks again today.... Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17080 on: Sep 30, 2019, 04:42 AM »
Eddies Pictures to go with his report............

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17081 on: Sep 30, 2019, 05:00 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

63 heading to a high of 83 today with Mr. Muggy here for a one day visit. Last night around 11pm until after 1am a heck of a thunder-lightening show went through. Reports are it was mostly noise along with 3" of rain that we didn't need  :cookoo:

Eddie congratulations on the catch :thumbsup: We will spend time at the Rocky Mountain National Park, according to the map we will be within an hour from Granby.

IW hope everything is on target for your m-i-l's recovery :thumbsup:

45 that sounded like an awesome meal you got in on :thumbsup:

WW safe travels on your trip home :thumbsup:

Just packing and list checking today. The s-i-l had a good flight yesterday and will be busy software testing today in Kansas City Kansas. I know we are all hoping the next 3 days fly by.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17082 on: Sep 30, 2019, 05:39 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, everyone,
                           It's 45* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           I want to thank everyone and especially Marv who posted for me, on the prayers and well wishes for my M I L. She is 92 years young
                and is in good shape for her age. She was cleaning a window in the kitchen and was standing on a stool and then went out on her deck to clean
                the outside of it, when she came back in she tripped over the stool. Down she went. The surgeon said since she is such good health and active
                That she will be fine. Yesterday she walked to the bathroom with the aide of a walker. She really looked good yesterday before we left. Hopefully
                she will be going home tomorrow. It was a very stressful weekend for my wife, she is very close to her mother and doesn't do well with things
                like that. My wife has a doctors appointment today and plans on going back tomorrow for a while to help her mother at home.
                          That's all that's been going on here, I have to go back and read all that I missed. and hopefully make some comments.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out wetting a line.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17083 on: Sep 30, 2019, 06:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day out. My wife is home today and the next 3 days. We’ll be taking Mr Dickens out to the state park so both of us can stretch our legs.

Ice Wanderer, That’s great your Mother in Law is in such great shape so she’ll have a good recovery. Continued prayers for your mother in law and your wife has good news at her appointment.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Are you hunting Elk? Thank you for posting pics of Mason Eddies trip. Looks like everyone was elbow to elbow.

Mason Eddie, Congratulations on landing a Salmon yesterday. Must have been quite the feet with so many people on the the water.

WallyWorld, Hope you had a good weekend with the grandkids. They do keep their parents busy. Have a safe trip home and enjoy the foliage.

Hunts2long, Sounds like you had a good time at the Anniversary party. Hope your wife is doing well.

Tom Turkey, Prayers that the Doctors are able to figure out what’s causing the pain in your wifes leg. Can’t wait for first frost to kill the mosquitoes. EEE is bad this year.

Mr Clean, Church dinners are usually very good.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17084 on: Sep 30, 2019, 06:55 AM »
47* and cloudy.
Lost my first post out into space.
Eddie, nice fish.
Ice-45, glad you enjoyed the dinner.
We took all 4 points last night, no thanks to me.
Wife and I are getting our flu shots today.
h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17085 on: Sep 30, 2019, 08:13 AM »
Good morning have not checked on the temperature but weather guesser calling for a high in the sixties looks like it will be a nice day with plenty of sunshine.
Eddie congratulations on the salmon ,thank you for taking some photos. The photos remind me of others I have seen from the Roscoe,NY. area during the opening weeks of trout season. (Roscoe is located in the Catskill mountains and has some well know trout rivers/streams)
Ice Wanderer glad to hear your MIL is doing well after her fall. May your wife have a good doctors visit and trip back to VT. to help her mom with the recovery.
Whopper Stopper thank you for posting Eddie's photos. Have a great time on your trip.
Icefisher-45 enjoy the park today. I'm sure Mr. Dickens enjoys these trips different scenery and smells for him to explore.
Hunts2long may you and your wife have no side effects from the flu shot. Sounds like your on a good bowling team where other members pick up the load when someone has a bad night. Best to your team this season.
Wallyworld may the trip home be a good one enjoy the Fall foliage .
Tom Turkey did you figure out the vanity plumbing. May temperatures drop so there is less mosquito activity.

Have a good and safe day. best to all fishing and hunting enjoy your time in the outdoors.
  Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17086 on: Sep 30, 2019, 04:54 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, wasn’t a bad day. Took Mr Dickens to the local park. He enjoyed it immensely. I made it about 3/4 around before my wife had to go and get the car.

Hunts2long, Sounds like it was a good night. I’m sure you bowled well.

Tom Turkey, Hope your wife’s appointment went well and the Dr was able to pinpoint the pain in her lower leg. Is she a competitive bingo player. When I was on the Ambulance we started a cane fight by calling bingo as we walked by. Those two shot up so fast and started trying to beat each other.

Mr Clean, Hope you had a good day.

I hope everyone had a great day and tight lines to those on the water. I hope everyone has a good Evening. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17087 on: Sep 30, 2019, 05:24 PM »
Evening all,

WS....must say I'm a bit envious of your upcoming trip, sounds wonderful  :thumbsup:  safe travels and  ENJOY !!!!! remember we all LOVE pictures  ;)

Eddie.....that's a beauty, congrats  :flex: :thumbsup:  thanks for the pictures (see above  :roflmao:)

TT.....hope MrsTT's appointment went well and she got an answer to the cause of her pain  :)

IW......hope MrsIW's appointment went well also  ;)  safe travels to her on the trip to her Mom's  :)  hope the recovery goes well for your M-I-L, she sounds like a strong woman  :flex:

IF45......that's great you're getting out and walking, best way to regain your strength   :flex:  stick with it, it will get easier each time  ;)2

MrC.....looks like a roller coaster ride this week with the weather, 60's today, 80s tomorrow, possible frost by week's end  :blink:  not much in the way of color change yet in our travels  :-\

H2L....congrats to the bowling team on a great night  :thumbsup: :clap:  remember there's no I in team  ;)2  hope the flu shots do their job for you and Mrs H2L  ;)

Made it home early afternoon, managed to get the lawn mowed despite a few passing showers  ::)  had a great time getting to watch so many games this weekend  :clap: :thumbsup:  they ended up winning 4, losing 5 and tying 1  :thumbsup:  lots of action and excitement at every game, a world of difference from when they were just starting out  ;) already looking forward to watching them play next trip  @)

Have a good night. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17088 on: Sep 30, 2019, 06:56 PM »
WallyWorld, Sounds like you guys had fun and the kids kept you busy.

Forgot to post some pics of Mr Dickens at the park.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17089 on: Oct 01, 2019, 02:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to October!  :clap:   
  56* and calm this am, sunny skies expected with a high of 80. Today is the opening day of small game hunting and bow hunting here in the Southern Zone of NY....best of luck to those heading afield!   :thumbsup:

Marv...a big Thank You posting the pictures for me, very much appreciated Sir!!  :bow:  :thumbsup: 
I bet you and the ladies are starting to get quite anxious about the road trip with Thursday coming fast! Wishing you safe travels and lots of wonderful memories from the Rockies, have a great trip!   :clap: :clap:
  I-45...beautiful pictures of the park with Mr. Dickens! What a great place to do your walking excercises, Thanks for sharing!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...wow, an action packed weekend with all the games! Isn’t it great watching the kids progress each year? Glad you had a great time and wonderful weekend with the grandkids and family....that’s what it’s all about!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...wish I had taken more pictures of a few areas when I switched spots, especially right in the town pool area...it was pretty crazy there, lol.
  H2...congrats on the team taking all 4 points again!  :clap:  Best of luck with the fishing today if heading out, don’t forget the sunscreen! 
  Jeff...thanks for the update on your M-I-L, will keep her in thoughts and prayers until her recovery is completed. Hope your wife is feeling a little better with the incident, certain it’s very stressful for her. Wishing her safe travels today and a comforting stay with her Mom.   :thumbsup:

Thank You all for the congrats on the fishing trip, it was a lot of fun, crazy, but that’s all part of the entertainment value on those trips for me, lol.   :thumbsup:
  My boys weren’t doing so well when they texted me yesterday morning, missed a few, but nothing landed. They moved to another spot and got on some fish in the afternoon....they landed 7 total, Cohos and Kings, and kept their limit of 3 apiece. Plenty of high fives I’m certain, and a few great memories to wrap up their afternoon after a slow start.  That made my day complete along with the updates they were sending...good stuff!    :thumbsup:
  Our new apprentice Angelo is doing great! It’s a pleasure working with him and watching him absorb the trade from all the guys. He’s been getting hands on experience daily with the concrete work and practicing brick on free time...can’t ask for more than that. 
  Speaking of concrete, time to get ready for another shift...Doh!  ;D. Cawfee’s on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17090 on: Oct 01, 2019, 04:07 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 54* and cloudy here on my hill, we had rain overnight. ::)
                       Eddie.........Congratu lation on breaking the ice, that's a nice fish. :thumbsup: Also congratulations to the boys on a banner day
               fishing.  :clap: I'm glad that there is some hope for the younger generation with a worker like Angelo, not many want to work the trades
               these days. :flex:
                       Marv..........Your trip sounds great, I am sure you will enjoy the beautiful scenery  the Rockies have to offer. I hope you plan to take
               a pole or two, the Cutthroat Trout are an awesome fish to catch. Safe travels. :thumbsup: :flex:
                      I-45............I'm glad you got out for a walk with your wife and Mr, Dickens. Slow and easy and you'll be able to make it around the
               park in no time. :thumbsup:
                      Wally..........I'm glad the grand kids games went well, it's a joy to watch them.  :thumbsup:
                      H2L ...........It seems your team is in fire this year, congrats on another 4 points. :clap:
                      My wife's appointment went better than expected yesterday and took some stress off her mind. Today she is headed back to Vt, to
               help out her mother when she comes home.
                      I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out wetting a line or in the woods. It's that time of year.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17091 on: Oct 01, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

59 with drizzle and dropping temps, expecting another damp day :cookoo:

Eddie I bet the boys are having a blast, congrats on their excellent afternoon :clap: :clap: No problem with the pictures, glad I could help.

IW glad things went well for Mrs IW. I know she is very tight with her mother so very understandable she was shaken up by the whole ordeal. We will continue to keep everyone in our prayers.

WW nothing like not letting the grass grow under your feet ;D Sounds like you had a bang up time with the grand-kids :clap:

45 great pictures, Thanks for sharing. No hunting on our trip, not that I wouldn't have liked to, but that's a little out of the budget.

h2l Congratulations on the wins :thumbsup:

Not a lot on the agenda just more of the same. I am having a fish house built for spearing and angling. It was supposed to be done last Friday. I let the guy know what our plans were and told him I want it before we left, which he said absolutely no problem :whistle: It's certainly not that I need it now, but when we get back from Co. I want time in the deer stand not more driving to fetch the house. As of yesterday they were just winding it up and he was wondering if I could still come on Wednesday (tomorrow). I told him noon at the latest or it can sit until mid November. Of course he wants my money which he will get when I pick it up. Funny how obliging people are when you order something but how it can change as you go. So if all goes to plan I will have a 700 mile round trip tomorrow before we hit the road on Thursday ???

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17092 on: Oct 01, 2019, 06:42 AM »
Good Morning. 57 and raining hard and some thunder. I wonder where Eddie is reporting from???

WW, glad you had a good trip. Nice to hear that the kids are improving so much.
Ice-45, looks like a very nice park you have to walk in. The dog must love it.
Eddie sounds like the boys had a good time. WS, thanks for sharing his pictures.

We are getting a very heavy t-storm. Scout is under the desk...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17093 on: Oct 01, 2019, 07:00 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......glad the boys had a great afternoon, congrats to them  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:  is the herb garden a no go now that Uncle Andy and his lady friend have parted ways  ???  :unsure:

IW....safe travels to MrsIW and best wishes for a speedy recovery to her Mom  :)

H2L.....rainy and humid here, no thunderstorms yet  :-\  poor Scout  :(

WS.....that's a LOT of miles BEFORE leaving for a 10 day road trip  :o :wacko: 

Checked the trail cams yesterday to see what's been happening in the back yard, besides the 2 does and 2 fawns that have been here all summer found these 2 guys having a midnight apple snack attack  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17094 on: Oct 01, 2019, 08:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 60* here and cloudy. Supposed to rain for the next 3 days. My wife ended up working today but she’ll have Fri, Saturday, Sunday off. Mr Dickens enjoyed Going to the park yesterday. Where I stopped there were a couple of guys sitting and watching the geese in the water. Talking about antique clocks and fishing. Guy had a beautiful black lab who quickly became my friend. They walk the lake every day. I was invited to go with them. My wife was happy I made friends.

WallyWorld, Those 2 fawns and does look like they were enjoying the apples. Did you hear about the Moose they tranquilized and moved from a worc cemetery yesterday?

Hunts2long, Hopefully the thunderstorm doesn’t last to long and poor scout can come out.

Whopper Stopper, That’s a lot of miles before your trip.

Ice Wanderer, continued prayers for your mother in law for a speedy recovery. How is your shoulder doing?

Mason Eddie, That’s great news about your son and his friends getting into the fish finally. Congratulations to them on a great job. Nice to see a young man like Angelo want to learn a trade. So many people don’t want to learn a trade.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17095 on: Oct 01, 2019, 08:40 AM »
Good morning, overcast sky here think I will see some of the rain Hunts2long is experiencing before the day ends. I have not see or heard of any updates on the two shooting cases or trail of acussed stabber from June 2016 incident at my workplace. I will post any news I may see/hear on all these events in the future.
Eddie congratulations to you son's and their friend on the salmon. :clap: :thumbsup: Think Angelo sees a good living to be made from being a mason. A friend has told me stories about the crowds fishing in Pulaski during the salmon run. Best to you and your sons if you go after small game or pursue big game with a bow or crossbow.
Ice Wanderer glad your wife had a good doctors visit. Safe travels to VT. for her today.
Whopper Stopper like IW said bring a couple rods plenty of cut throat and rainbow trout to pursue in Colorado. Sorry you might be making such a long drive before starting your trip.
Hunts2long may the thunder storm pass quickly so Scout can come out of hiding.
Wallworld it is fun watching children progress in sports sounds like all your grandchildren are having good seasons.
Icefisher-45 very nice park. Have you ever ice fished the lake if it is allowed. Glad you may have found some walking buddies. Like deer it is or soon will be breeding time for Moose so the males travel looking for mates and sometimes end up in public places or sadly killed by automobiles and trucks.
IFF how are things going are you getting in any Fall fishing. Have you received any news on your stores future.
Tom Turkey did the doctor find a reason for your wife's leg pain. Also did you make any progress with the vanity plumbing.

A good Tuesday to everyone. Best to all fishing and hunting be safe while enjoying your time outdoors.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17096 on: Oct 01, 2019, 05:40 PM »

On Sunday Lindsay, the wife and I took the dogs for a walk.
Rocky, Willow, and Scout. (l to r)...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17097 on: Oct 02, 2019, 02:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  Cloudy 70* this am, rain on the way with cooler temps today.

H2...very nice picture, thanks for sharing!   :thumbsup:   Not sure what the heck happened with yesterday’s weather forecast, lol, it started sprinkling when I left for work and rained almost all morning.  :roflmao: 
  Steve...thanks, will pass the congrats on to the boys!  :thumbsup:  Some incredible stories could be told about the Salmon River crowds...a very interesting group of people when they’re inflicted with Salmon fever, lol. 
  I-45...that’s great you met up with the fellas at the park! Hope you can join them with the walks regularly!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...the herb garden is complete, some are now wondering if perhaps another type of herb may get planted?  ;D
Thanks for sharing the pictures of the bucks...will Mr.WW be allowed to take one of the “apple thieves”?   :whistle:
    Marv...holy smokes, you’re going to rack up some miles this week! Safe travels today picking up that new spearshack, can’t wait to see it!!    :clap: :icefish: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad to read everything went well at the Dr.’s for your wife! Hope she had safe travels yesterday and we continue to hear positive news on her Mom.   :thumbsup:   It’s refreshing seeing some of the younger generation get involved with the trades, that’s for damn sure!   :clap:

Thank You All For the congrats on my sons fishing trip, will pass them along!   :thumbsup:
  Yesterday was a crazy day with the weather here and at the job. Right after coffee break, 4 of the crew members found out they were getting laid off....never seen that coming this soon. Apparently, they wanted to lighten up the numbers on our crew. Needless to say, that kind of sucked.
  Not certain what’s on the agenda today with the rains coming....hopefully not another layoff!   Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17098 on: Oct 02, 2019, 04:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Thought it was supposed to be getting colder 68* here this morning. Would like to turn on the boob tube in the morning and have some good news vs bad news. My wife is off today. Taking Mr Dickens to the vets for booster shots and they are going to do X-ray his whole body because he is part of the senior wellness plan.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully there aren’t any more layoffs? Did they say why they were laying people off?

Hunts2long, Great photo and beautiful dogs. Thank you for sharing. Nice that you were able to get out for a walk.

I hope everyone has a great day. Tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17099 on: Oct 02, 2019, 05:02 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

48 with again rain moving in by early afternoon, this is getting out of control :cookoo:

I got a call yesterday late from the guy building the spear house and he was wondering if we could put off picking the house up until after we get back. With all the wet weather they again got delayed. He offered to bring it within 90 miles of our house when he has some other business to take care of. I told him if he is serious, I am fine with it, it may work out way better than I thought. I am glad I didn't have to make the drive today.

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good "Hump Day" :thumbsup: Sorry to read about the early lay offs. The crowds on the river looked reminiscent of the 70's when I used to take in the Lake Superior smelt run, some crazy memories :whistle:

h2l great picture :thumbsup:

WW some nice looking boys chomping apples :thumbsup: One of my cameras is down, probably all the moisture.

Today I am loading the new Buick and finalizing everything that I have finalized 20x's. I already have the feeling like I am forgetting something, dang I hate that. I am planning on trying to keep a short journal as we go, and should be able to post any highlights at night.

Good morning 45!!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.