Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1616372 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17040 on: Sep 25, 2019, 02:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 50* this am, high of 72 here today.

Steve...that had to be somewhat shocking opening up the door to find the police standing there, wow! Hope the reward being offered will turn up some leads and an arrest soon...please keep us posted.   :thumbsup:
  I-45...that’s kind of strange BP wouldn’t deliver directly to the house, especially if there was a disabled person or the elderly. Give your wife a pat on the back for me for the grilling, hopefully they will make concessions to deliver the recliner the way any other business would, cripes!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...had a blast fishing, it was like hooking up to a dragster with some of the runs they made, lol.  :thumbsup:
  Tom....X2 on Wally’s reply, continued success with your wife’s rehab, wishing her well.   :thumbsup:
  H2... hope the TelCo showed up on time and solved your problems last evening! Good luck with the fishing if heading out today!    :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope the jerky turned out great, enjoy!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...did the gremlins invade your computer again? Hope all is well out in Minnesota!   :thumbsup:

Got a message from my son Mike last evening, they stayed and fished the entire day until last legal light. He ended up landing 2 more, Stephen and their friend had numerous hook ups but neither landed any. They had a great time and are planning at least another trip.   :thumbsup:
  Work was a little tough getting back in the swing of things yesterday, lol, my mind was still at the river trying to stop one of those Kings.  ;D
  Back to sidewalks again today.... Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17041 on: Sep 25, 2019, 03:43 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello as we head out the door😁 going to Ontario again in search of the almighty salmon 😉

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17042 on: Sep 25, 2019, 04:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Wally, ER's.
                        It's 48* and clear here on my hill a nice day is expected. ::)
                        Eddie.......The memories you are having can only be quelled by a returned trip to the river. :woot: Congratulations to Mike on his
                success. :clap: :clap: :flex:
                        I-45.........Did Bass Pro do the delivery or a independent company? I hope sleeping in it helps. :thumbsup:
                        Wally........Good luck out there today. :flex:
                        Steve.......The jerky I made was just a thing to do, the cost of the eye round was too good to pass up. I don't think I'll be heading
                to Maine this year. My shoulder feel real good and I thought I might make the trip. Last Saturday my #2 son was working for the local
                chiropractor and I stopped to see the concrete work my son was doing. Anyway the Dr. asked about my shoulder and I was telling him
                that I was thinking of going on the hunting trip, he said that it's not a good idea to go, even though I feel good. He said it takes a full
                year for things to completely heal. He mentioned that if I tripped or slipped and had to put my full weight on my shoulder, I risk damaging
                it. I think I'll take his advice and put it off a year.
                         This morning I'm headed to our fellow member and fishing buddy's, Jon NY  to get some extra tomatoes for my wife so she can make
                more sauce. Most of her garden tomatoes ripened at different times so we put them in our salads. Then this afternoon I have an appointment
                at the VA and they will probably set up my therapy appointments.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out wetting a line.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17043 on: Sep 25, 2019, 05:22 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Eddie congratulations to Mike on catching his salmon :clap: :clap: Good luck getting your mind off the river ;D Hope you and the crew have an excellent "Hump Day" :thumbsup:

IW probably a good choice on the hunting trip. The last 5 years that my dad stopped hunting over in WI he still went just to be with his friends and took over camp cook details. It wasn't the same but he always looked forward to it.

WW Best of luck to you and Mr WW on your fishing trip. Hope we get to see some pictures :clap:

mr.clean sounds like a lot of excitement around your area.

TT hope your wife is getting better by the day :thumbsup:

No gremlins here luckily, just a busy couple days. The Dentist is on the agenda today for a cleaning, then some time with the pressure washer to clean up my one storage shed. I would like to paint it before winter and put a new door on it as it's well past needing attention. Between weather and other activities finding the time is the hard part.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17044 on: Sep 25, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Nice and cool this morning. The workers will probably be here again today. The new medicine i’m on tapers upwards. Starting today i’m Up to three pills a day for the next three days then at my dose of 4. Pharmacist was right with my other meds puts me out like a light.

Ice Wanderer, I’m sorry your not going to be able to hunt this year but it’s good your going to listen to your doctor so you won’t have problems later on. My wife didn’t order the recliner because of the delivery issue. It would be delivered by a independent service and they didn’t seem to care about disability. Do you have any local farm stands that still have tomatoes?

WallyWorld, Hope you have a safe trip and good luck catching some Salmon.

Mason Eddie, That’s great your sons and friend had fun and caught some Salmon. My wife is like a bulldog thru all this. She has a lot of balls in the air. I don’t know how she does it.

Mr Clean, My condolences on your Barber passing away. Keeping busy is probably what kept him going. I hope someone comes foreword with info about the shooting.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17045 on: Sep 25, 2019, 06:33 AM »
45* and foggy.
Ice-45, have the wife order the chair. Set it up on the curb, sit in it, I am sure someone will stop to see what is going on. May even make the evening news. It may be a good thing that more people are aware of what the working person has to deal with when they are dealing with hard times.

WW, looks like a good day to be out on the Big O. Good Luck.

TELCO was to be here between 1 and 5PM yesterday. At 1pm I called and was told that a tech had been dispatched. At 4:45pm got a call from him saying he wouldn't be able to get here by 5pm but he told the wife he would try to get here in the morning. She told NO, he WILL get here in the morning. We will see. I cannot believe this is the same company that I worked for, for over 30 years.

IW, good that you listen to the Dr's.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17046 on: Sep 25, 2019, 06:34 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Siding people were here today. 2 guys doing good work. Hopefully they come with the full crew and get the place finished.

Hunts2long, That sounds like a good idea but there is no sidewalk so the chances I would get hit are pretty good. Hopefully the guy from Telco shows up in the morning.

Whopper Stopper, Hope the dentist didn’t find any cavities. How did the steam cleaning of the shed go?

Hope everyone had a good day and tight lines to those on the water. Hope everyone has a good night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17047 on: Sep 25, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

45 The Dentist was fine. I am not sure if I am going to keep him or not. I have went to the same guy for 20+ years and we got along just fine. I walk into the door today just to find the practice was sold and a new guy was there all happy go lucky like we were best friends. I guess it didn't sit very well.

The shed got put off because a guy down the road needed a hand getting a water heater carried down into his basement. After that it was time for 2 slices of apple pie with a big scoop of ice cream. I never did get into the mood to attack the shed Lol

Here are a couple videos, Arrow is doing well.

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17048 on: Sep 25, 2019, 08:49 PM »
Whopper Stopper, It is amazing how you go to someone for years then the new person thinks it’s ok to be buddies. That was very nice of you to help that person carry his water heater into the basement. Nothing better then apple pie and ice cream for payment. Thank you for sharing those videos. Nice to see Arrow is thriving.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17049 on: Sep 26, 2019, 04:36 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Just a quick Hello! I am shack bound. I will check in later.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17050 on: Sep 26, 2019, 05:06 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                      It's 56* and cloudy, rain showers are in the forecast today. ::)
                      Marv........Have a good trip to "The Shack", I hope you can accomplish what you want to do there. :flex:
                      I-45.........Try a regular furniture store, I got my recline at Burlington Furniture, they bent over backwards for me. :thumbsup:
                      H2L..........Phone companies today don't seem to care like they use to, I remember back when there was only one company and
               if you needed a repair person they came the day and time they said. :thumbsup:
                      My tip to Jon's for the tomatoes was worth the trip, my wife put up 12 quarts of tomatoes yesterday and has some left over, Jon
               still has more for us when the ripen.
                      The trip to the VA went well the Dr. put in the request to the therapy dept, I stopped on my way out to make an appointment but
               they said that they will call me. ::)
                      Today I will be picking up mealworms son after school, we haven't seen him in a couple of months.
                      I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17051 on: Sep 26, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

IW......glad to hear the doctor's visit went well  :thumbsup: 

WS.....you must be getting the itch to sit in your tree stand  ;)2 

Eddie....planning another trip to the river this weekend  ???

H2L......customer service seems to be a thing of the past with most companies anymore  :( 

IF45.....pretty sure you can find a recliner for a reasonable price WITH delivery somewhere   :)  like IW said try a furniture store

MrC.....sadly there's no place exempt from drugs/guns/violence, no such thing as a "safe neighborhood"   :'(

Fishing was pretty uneventful  ::)  had one hit and caught one small fish   :(  beautiful day to be on the water tho  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17052 on: Sep 26, 2019, 07:07 AM »
55* and sunny as I type. They are saying rain later in the day.
WW, well you did get out and catch a fish. Yes, it was a nice day.
WS, thanks again for the videos, always look forward to them.
Yesterday morning about 8:30 both phone lines went down for about 15 minutes. I knew someone was checking things out in the office. By 9:30am the tech had come to the house, checked the wiring (OK) and made one option change on the ckt. that was down and we were good to go. I will leave it to the wife to fight with them for credit for the month we had issues.
On Sat. we are going to Wolcott, NY for a 40th Anniversary party for one of the wife's cousins.
Have a good day, it's time for the wife's meds and vitals...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17053 on: Sep 26, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Low 50's with low 60's for a high today. No complaints on that from me.

IW Hopefully when you get an appointment for therapy the therapist is as good as the woman that is doing the wife's therapy. She comes away a little sore but is improving after every visit. enjoy thee time with MW's son. I am sure he has change in two months.

WS It is too bad that you have a new dentist that is a little over board in how he acts. Hopefully you do not have to look for a new dentist. A couple of pie alamode's sounds like good pay to me for helping some one out. The shed can wait  for another day.

MrC There are shootings almost every night in Grand Rapids MI. One store has been broken into around a half dozen times so far this year. all the steal is cigarettes and booze. Some one went through the roof of a jewelry store the other night. They know enough to not try to rob them when they are open. All of the clerks are carrying and are not afraid to shoot. They got robed twice in a few weeks a couple years ago. This was the first time since then as the shot a couple of robbers.

Time to get the wiring finished for the new vanity. A friend is going to help me get new drywall tomorrow.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17054 on: Sep 26, 2019, 11:27 AM »
Good day cloudy sky weather guessers say i will see a thunder storm this afternoon. No new updates on either shooting case.
Eddie congratulations to Mike on his salmon think your son's and their friend had a good couple of days fishing. Hope it was a time shortage and no gremlins that kept you from posting this morning.
Wallyworld sorry the fishing was slow. You are correct about drugs/gun violence being everywhere if there is a demand for drugs will eventually make their way into a community.
Ice Wanderer sorry you will not get out hunting this year but better to let your shoulder fully heal. All the best once you start therapy at the VA. Sounds like JOn NY had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year enjoy the sauces and other dishes made using them. Have a good time with Mealworm's son today.
Whopper Stopper may you have a safe trip to the shack and find everything in good order upon arrival. Nice work helping the neighbor with water heater. I'm in a similar situation with my dentist one I had been using for over thirty years retired and sold practice.
Icefisher-45  glad the new medication is helping you get better sleep . Just a thought if you by the recliner from Bass Pro maybe the guys from siding company could get it into your house provided they are there at time of delivery repay them with gift card to Dunkin Doughnuts or McDonalds if they have places in your area . Does not hurt to look at other furniture providers and ask about their delivery procedure.
Hunts2long happy you have phone problem corrected  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: maybe send a letter to company CEO/Board of Directors stating that as a former employee you are upset by the drop in customer service performance. Good luck in getting a refund or bill reduction for the time you had no or limited service. Safe trip to Wolcott please give my congratulations to your wife's cousin and their spouse.
Tom Turkey glad your wife has a good therapist  and continues to make progress with each PT session. Neighboring city of Newburgh has a bad reputation was listed as murder capital of NYS a couple years back seems for every forward step it makes something happens to set it back. It's problems are spreading to my and other surrounding towns/villages. may all go well with the wiring and drywall.

Have a good Thursday everyone. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17055 on: Sep 26, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Had a appointment with the surgeon this morning. He said the incision looks good. Says to try and walk more. Would have me try physical therapy but realized that physical activity makes the headaches worse. Stopped at my parents grave. We got a chicken wind chime for the grave. Stopped at a furniture store for a recliner. My wife now wants to get a couch with dual recliners. The recliners have a feature that my head would never be flat. It’s called tilt and it does help keep ones head straight. My wife figures with the dual recliners we can sleep on the same sofa. She’s now window shopping in a antique store.,she deserves it.

Tom Turkey, That’s good your wife is doing better. Did you get to do the wiring on the vanity? Did your friend come over and help with the drywall?

Hunts2long, Hope everything is all set. Good Service is difficult to find. Always better to have the wife fight for the bills.

WallyWorld, The important thing is you had a good time.

Ice Wanderer, Good that your trip for tomatoes was fruitful. Hopefully pt calls you soon so you can get started. Hope you have a good Afternoon with mealworms son.

Whopper Stopper, Hope your having a good day at the Shack.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines. I hope everyone has a great night. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17056 on: Sep 26, 2019, 03:41 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Back from the shack had a few odds and ends to get done. I should just about be ready to hit the woods come mid Oct. I grabbed the cards out of the camera, not a lot of activity but enough to post a couple videos.

Hope you are all having an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17057 on: Sep 26, 2019, 04:06 PM »
Those raccoons sure haven’t missed many meals  ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17058 on: Sep 26, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Those raccoons sure haven’t missed many meals  ;D

That's what I was thinking lol

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17059 on: Sep 27, 2019, 02:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  50* and light winds this am, high of 70 today.

Marv...thanks for sharing the videos, they’ve been so enjoyable! Arrow still looks just as healthy as all the other birds.  :clap:   Way to go helping out your neighbor with the water heater, hope you didn’t pull any muscles!   :thumbsup:   That sucks about the dentist retiring, same thing happened with my family Dr.
  I-45...that was good news from your surgeon, awesome! Is there a school with a track close by you can walk on to know how far your walking? The double recliner sounds like a great idea!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...yep, late night and late start yesterday morning. Will pass the congrats along to Mike, believe Stephen and his buddy are heading back again Monday for another round with the salmon.
  Tom...good luck with the electrical work and sheet rock today!   :thumbsup:
  H2...glad the phones are all back to normal again, things just aren’t the same anymore with customer service.  :%$#!:   How’s the fishing been?
  Wally...sorry your trip wasn’t too productive, but glad you had good weather out there and landed one anyway...something I’ve had a problem with myself!   ;D  :thumbsup:   My wife doesn’t know it yet, but I plan on hitting the road by 3am tomorrow for another shot at the Kings!   :woot:
  Jeff...that was darn nice of Jon taking care of you with the tomatoes, enjoy!   :clap:  Hope you had a great day with your grandson yesterday, best wishes with the therapy!   :thumbsup:   

The young man Angelo who I’ve been working with on the brick laying had a meeting Wednesday with our Union staff. It’s official, he was accepted and is now a member on the path to becoming a craftsman! 
  He’s been getting help from everyone, and yesterday he got his hands on pretty much all the tools we use doing the concrete...it was a good deal and all the guys are working with him!  He fits right in... :thumbsup:
  Time to get ready for the last shift and figure out how to break the news to my wife I’m going fishing tomorrow, lol,
Cawfee’s on!
     Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17060 on: Sep 27, 2019, 05:16 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

66 with light showers around today. The weekend looks to also be half wet ???

Eddie good luck breaking the news, hope you hid all the good cast iron cookware :roflmao: Best of luck on the water tomorrow :thumbsup:

I was supposed to be on the road already heading to Green bay WI to pick up my new spear house. Unfortunately I got word yesterday it wasn't going to be done so the trip got delayed. He said it will be done next week, I'm just not sure when I will get time to make the run.

Instead I am going north this morning to drop off the old boat for storage. I have to get it up there before 8am.

The Dentist ordeal wouldn't have bothered me if they would have given some warning, maybe even a post card saying "Good Bye" or "Hello" from the new guy. It was like I stepped into the Twilight Zone, I even checked to make sure it was the right door ???

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17061 on: Sep 27, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....good luck tomorrow  ;)  try breaking the news to MrsEddie at the nice restaurant you plan on taking her to tonight  :whistle: ;)2

WS....safe travels today  ;) 

Heading out shortly to MA for a few days  :clap:

Have a good day at work or play and a great weekend. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17062 on: Sep 27, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day. The landlords husband and brother will be over to work on the siding and maybe install a over the stove microwave my wife found on Facebook Market place. They are great guys. The landlords brother speaks English but the husband doesn’t. They put a new window yesterday in the kitchen and bathroom.

Mason Eddie, I would take her to a nice restaurant and break the news to her. Are you going fishing all weekend or just tomorrow. Are you going with your son? We have a high school track I can go walk around. My wife apparently has taken care of my transportation issue. She found a 04 F150 supercab similar to my 05 but has manual windows. From a a local dealer who is holding it until we get our settlement or disability. It’s in good shape. I married a good woman. That is excellent news about Angelo.

WallyWorld, Safe travels to Mass.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully you got your boat up to the storage unit before 8. Do you have a Bass Boat? Those raccoons sure don’t miss a meal. Are you going to keep leaving food out for them and the turkeys?

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless

Wally
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17063 on: Sep 27, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon :thumbsup:

I received a note from IW (Jeff) that he and his wife had to make an unscheduled  trip to Vermont because his wife's mother fell and either cracked or broke her hip. She is going to have surgery tomorrow and I am sure they would appreciate any prayers the 9:45 could offer.

Thoughts and prayers from Minnesota sent.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17064 on: Sep 27, 2019, 05:41 PM »
Good Evening Everyone,

Ice Wanderer, Prayers for your wife’s mother that she has a speedy recovery and is ok. 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17065 on: Sep 27, 2019, 08:51 PM »
IW....so sorry to hear of your M-I-l’s fall  :( thoughts and prayers sent her way.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17066 on: Sep 28, 2019, 01:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
 Jeff...thoughts and prayers sent to your M-I-L on her recovery, so sorry to read that.

Just getting ready to hit the road, Pulaski bound for round 2 with the salmon! 
  Hope everyone has a great day....  :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17067 on: Sep 28, 2019, 05:14 AM »
Morning all,

A crazy weekend filled with hockey, soccer and field hockey!!

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17068 on: Sep 28, 2019, 06:06 AM »
50* and sunny just came over the hill.
IW, thoughts and prayers sent for the M-I-L.
WW, glad you had a safe trip. Have fun at the games.
Eddie, hope you are on the river...Good Luck
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17069 on: Sep 28, 2019, 08:47 AM »
Good morning sunny with blue sky and temperature in the low sixties currently heading to a high in the mid eighties with some rain later today and over night. After seeing Wallyworld's and others posts here on I.S. about Gander Outdoors made the trip to my local store pretty picked over already did not make any purchases. Sad to see a place to purchase sporting good closing feel bad for employees.
Ice Wanderer prayers said for your MIL may all go good with today's surgery and she make a good and speedy recovery.
Icefisher-45 nice that you have a landlord who values their property and makes improvements to it. Good work by your wife finding a couch with recliners and a truck for you. Besides using the local high school track for walks  once you are medically cleared to drive see if any of your local enclosed shopping malls have a walking club program. Some malls have such programs and allow club members to enter mall before daily opening to walk.
Eddie great news about Angelo. Have a good trip to and from Pulaski. May you bring home some salmon from this trip.
Wallyworld enjoy all of your grand children's sport games. Have a good time in Ma. safe travels on your return trip to CNY.
Whopper Stopper hope you got the boat to storage facility on time. May you get several years usage from the new spearing shack and make lots of memories in it. Thank you for alerting us about IW,s mother in law.
Hunts2long you and the family have a good weekend.
Tom Turkey how did the wiring and drywall work go in your bathroom. may your wife continue to make a good recovery from her knee surgery.
IFF assume you are going through similar things at your Gander store . Best to you with whatever choice you make on future employment. Hope all is well with the family and you.

Have a good Saturday. Best to everyone fishing or hunting.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.