The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lansing Hard Water 2024  (Read 1193 times)

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lansing Hard Water 2024
« on: Jan 16, 2024, 02:58 PM »
Drove over the Grand today on S. Waverly rd, and she is completely froze over solid with black ice.

Any other ice reports from around Lansing?

Tight lines and be safe out there!!

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lansing Hard Water 2024
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2024, 10:11 AM »
Made it over to Morrison yesterday.  5 inches of ice. Lots of people out there. Parking lot was close to full.
Caught over 20 throw back crappies and punching over 30 holes in just over 4 hours of fishing. Did end up catching one keeper gill and one keeper crappie.  Not good.... but I'll take it for my first time out in 2 years.

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2024, 01:58 PM »
At least you got out. I'm seriously worried the ice around here isn't going to make it through this warm spell. And I haven't got out even once.

Offline maddog117

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2024, 06:32 PM »
Went to muskrat lake north of Dewitt , off of old 27. Had several shanties out there. I didn't catch anything ,but had fun . At least there was 5 inches . My son was fishing at a lake near Spring Arbor, he had 7 inches of ice . Slow bites.

Offline Panamaniac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2024, 02:35 PM »
I fished south west side of Lake Lansing a week ago. A couple other guys were out just off the dock at the park. Had 3-4” of good ice. I haven’t checked since then.
Not sure if the night time temps have been able to balance the low 40s during the day.
130 mile an hour, smiling at the camera with a toothpick in his mouth!

Offline Panamaniac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2024, 03:07 PM »
I got on to good ice Tuesday night. Bite was poor. We’ll see if we get another go at it.
I’ve been getting minnows from Grand River Bait and Tackle and I’ve never had such a hard time keeping minnows alive before. I’m starting to think Delta Township water is poisoned. I know there’s some sort of Chlorine but thought that letting it sit overnight would neutralize most of that.
Curious to hear what anyone else does. I’ve been on well water most of my life so maybe there’s a cheap additive that will knock the chlorine out better.
Let me know!
130 mile an hour, smiling at the camera with a toothpick in his mouth!

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2024, 01:45 PM »
I usually use the G2 blue drops, but if I am out will substitute in the neutralizer I use in the fish tank.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.