Author Topic: Tickle stick  (Read 7320 times)

Offline Toxicityy

• IceShanty Rookie
Tickle stick
« on: Dec 30, 2014, 05:45 PM »
How do you people that have the new 13 tickle stick like it? Picking the 23 inch up tomorrow.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline cumminsguy95

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tickle stick
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2014, 05:52 PM »
I like mine. 23" SUL. Really really sensitive good for crappie
Fisherman: A jerk at one end of a line waiting for a jerk at the other end of the line.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2014, 06:28 PM »
I have the 23 ul. Used it once and really like it. Probably going to pick up a SUL too for smaller stuff. Used the ul and caught 5-9" perch. Also caught a good size pickerel. Handled them all with ease
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline Scooby31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Was at the local gander mt today and looked into one but the tip seemed to flimsy and appeared like it would break easily also was on sale for 39.99. Went a head and bought a white noise combo from 13 fishing for 29.99. Hope I didn't make a mistake on missing out on the deal for the rod but I would like to wait and see more reviews on it. I am tough on equipment hate to break one in the first few outings.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Obviously I don't know how it will last on the long run but im not worried about the tip breaking. Reading the description on their website how they constructed it, it seems pretty solid. Also, like a fly rod (or any rod really) try to hold the rod so the fish is fighting against the back bone and not the tip. So don't point the rod up as far.
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline Scooby31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2014, 06:46 PM »
Yeah I meant being tough on equipment as in getting banged around in my but and in my truck. But I also bought a new rod bag this year so hopefully that will help no more buckets for me.

Offline beast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2014, 08:19 PM »
I have the 23 ul and the 23 light, fast tips with allot of backbone. the 23 ul will detect the lightest bites.

Offline Slimbobbin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2014, 09:10 PM »
I looked at the pole as well today at gander mountain almost got it and shied away from it and wish I didn't for the price... What happened to gander mountain they us to have a huge selection of everything now they only have a few options where in New York has a larger selection of gear?
lifes a little sweeter with ice

Offline Scooby31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Rochester

Offline Slimbobbin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2014, 09:19 PM »
Ya I was at Rochester store

Offline Scooby31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2014, 09:24 PM »
To me it looked like they had all the jigs I would ever use. I agree on the other parts as in small  selections of ice fishing poles and huts. I actually went up their to buy a single man flip over and they had nothing only hubs and two man Im tired of dragging the two man so I was too a buy either a clam or frabill single but none in stock. They lost a sale there.

Offline Slimbobbin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Scooby31 If I was you I bought a single man frabill last year I wish I went with the 1 1/2 man for just a little extra room I think it would make a huge difference it seemed fine in size in the store but when I got on the ice suited up it I wish I had a few more inches

Best place I know of that has so oppsions on huts is Runnings in Cananadugia in the old Walmart on 5&20 they have a few different ones

Offline danerc07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2014, 10:44 PM »
I've been very impressed with the tickle stick so far this season. I'm running the 27" UL and I love it. Best panfish rod I've ever used! Not only can you use the tip as a bite indicator but you can feel the bight very well with this rod as well!
youtube.com/danerc07

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2014, 11:08 PM »
Yeah I meant being tough on equipment as in getting banged around in my but and in my truck. But I also bought a new rod bag this year so hopefully that will help no more buckets for me.
I don't think a tickle stick should ever go there! :roflmao:  Voids the warranty for sure.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2014, 09:49 AM »
I have not heard very good things about the tickle stick. Guides being smaller than usual and the tips falling off seems to be the main problems.
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2014, 09:54 AM »
I don't think a tickle stick should ever go there! :roflmao:  Voids the warranty for sure.

good stuff. haha. gotta love how the auto spell check works sometimes.

Offline Mental

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2014, 10:16 AM »
How do you people that have the new 13 tickle stick like it? Picking the 23 inch up tomorrow.

I just ordered the ultra lite and the light tickle sticks last week. They just advised that they are out of the "lite" stick. I ordered both at 27" and anxious to try them out.

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2014, 10:29 AM »

That was funny, good post

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2014, 10:57 AM »
good stuff. haha. gotta love how the auto spell check works sometimes.
I hope spell check is to blame. ;D  If not, poor tickle stick. :'(

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2014, 11:01 AM »
Also, no offense intended to Scooby31. Just laughing with you, not at you. ;)

Offline IFallThroughForFun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2014, 11:02 AM »
I snapped the tip off at Gander on accident, way to flimsy. That being said I got one for Xmas, not sure what reel to pair it with?

Offline Scooby31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 01, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Lol I just read what I posted. Spell Check got me again.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:44 AM »
been hearing alot of tips breaking , i went back and forth several times . Glad i waited but did pick up a Snitch rod very happy with it i paired it with new BB 6061  awesome shallow water rig.

Offline graybeard1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2015, 02:49 PM »
So far the biggest fish I've caught on my 23" UL are 8" gills and 11" crappie, but I've been very pleased with mine.

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #24 on: Jan 07, 2015, 11:55 PM »
I have not heard very good things about the tickle stick. Guides being smaller than usual and the tips falling off seems to be the main problems.

That was my first thought upon handling one... probably be alright in the shanty but not a good rod for bucket hopping outside unless it's above freezing. I HATE little guides that constantly freeze up!  >:(

WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2015, 09:06 AM »
In my opinion I would never spend $50 on a rod that had guides the size of a pin hole to limit yourself to either fishing when its 50 degrees out or inside a shack. Why not take that money and buy a DH rod with oversized fly guides so that you can fish inside or outside. Might cost you $20 more but that DH noodle blank is twice the blank of a tickle stick. The only downsided is you can't go down the street and get a DH so if you are in a hurry I guess its not an option.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 10, 2015, 03:15 PM »
Fleet Farm had them for $35 here.

Offline bikingviking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2015, 08:09 PM »
The tickle sticks are decent rods for fishing in a shelter. If you fish outside with them, prepare for frustration. Sometimes I wonder if the people that design things like this have ever actaully ice fished???

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2015, 08:14 PM »
In my opinion I would never spend $50 on a rod that had guides the size of a pin hole to limit yourself to either fishing when its 50 degrees out or inside a shack. Why not take that money and buy a DH rod with oversized fly guides so that you can fish inside or outside. Might cost you $20 more but that DH noodle blank is twice the blank of a tickle stick. The only downsided is you can't go down the street and get a DH so if you are in a hurry I guess its not an option.
  I tried to buy a DH rod and after sending them 2 emails and no response figured they don't need my money.At least respond to a new Customers questions.

Offline jww311

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Sep 23, 2015, 09:01 PM »
had 2 tips break on 2 of them I had...dont waste your money...st. croix makes a rod for relatively the same price works great!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.