Author Topic: fat boys ?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline truckhuntfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You'll have that
fat boys ?
« on: Feb 11, 2011, 12:03 AM »
I just watched my dvd that came with my vexilar and noticed that they swore by the techni glow fat boys.

i looked back a few pages and didnt see anything about these at all , are they hyped by them just because of the sponsorship ?   has anybody else used these with success ?   just curious because i got a couple to try this weekend and havent seen anything on here about them yet , and this place is almost like the bible to me ha ha
-Truckin , Huntin , and Fishin , That's how I roll

Ha Haa Haaa  Did that hurt right away ???

Offline South33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tips Down! Flags Up!
Re: fat boys ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2011, 12:11 AM »
I have used these for the first time this year & my results are good but it's not like the "magic" lure or anything. I have caught perch, bass & even a decent pike (on accident). I still prefer to use the Swedish Pimples over the Fat Boys though.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2011, 07:27 AM »
They like fat boys because they show up real good on a flasher, and you don't have to turn the gain way up to see the jig. I don't need to see my jig all the time as long as I see it when I jig it a little bit, and know exactly what depth I'm at, that way when a mark shows up at least I know it is bigger than my jig.

Offline Dennis53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2011, 06:26 PM »
I have used them for a couple of years now in the smaller size, seem to work just fine like the fellows say they are not magic.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2011, 06:54 PM »
I just wish they made blue ones.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Panfish Popper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Won't, go fishing without my VEXILAR
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2011, 04:22 AM »
i absolutely just love fatboys. my main bait for 2 years running now. I found that if the fish are finicky, you will not catch many fish on it at all, but when there aggressive, whole different story
First time ever having a good day!

Offline chris71383

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2011, 08:27 PM »
Fat boys work great especially tipped with the berkley gulp 1" fish fry.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.