Author Topic: Googly toy jigs?  (Read 1609 times)

Trooper Bri

Googly toy jigs?
« on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:21 PM »
I think I've seen a thread like this in the past couple years, but I'm too lazy to search.
These silicone "googly" toys caught my eye last week when they came in for spring/summer distribution. This is a generic pic as I don't want to link to my company's site. They come in worms and balls with trippy flashing LED's inside. Neato.

The little silicone fingers do have a certain feel and wiggle, and they come in a variety of colors. I was finally compelled to track down a damaged one and took some "clippings". This particular item was orange.
So, any recommendations on jigs and rigging for them? I'm normally a flag chaser by heart, but these caught my eye and I'll have to try them if they do work.

Offline xXICEFISHXx

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Googly toy jigs?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2011, 10:46 PM »
I tried them last year and I got a lot of whitefish with them. Yellows, oranges, and greens work awesome. You just need to get them in your area first with a spoon or something and once you see a few then put down a Northlands Fishing Tackle Bro Bug with a noodle of the googly toy rigged to the back and your good to go. :tipup:

Offline ICED FISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Those are awsome been useing them for the past three years ;D I rig them on Bro bugs and fat boys also on mud bugs they make any plain jig look alive. The trick is to not put too much of the rubber on the hook shank so when you jig the tail moves up and down. Now if I could only find one of googly toys in glow ;)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Interesting little critter, at least he is happy,lol. :woot:
I bet the led inside really gets the fish's attention.

how long is the one in your photo?

Good luck with it and let us know how it works. :)

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.