Author Topic: What will be new for next year?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What will be new for next year?
« on: Feb 26, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Alot of the stores are getting rid of there ice equipment right now.  I wonder if anyone gotten a sneak peak at teh stuff coming out for next year.  Will there be another ice armor suit?....extreme....extreme ....ice armor?  I did see the gander mountain version of the marcum flasher this year...but I only got a glimpse of on unit.  Anything else you guys heared of? 

Reality Check
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Bassfishin1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin Till The Day I Die!
Re: What will be new for next year?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2007, 08:15 AM »
I had heard that coleman is trying to come out with there own line of ice shantys. Cheaper and lighter. I am not so sure that they will be very durable.If they are like there tents, they will be cold and flimsy.We will have to wait and see.I would like to see some one come up with a hard sided take down shanty. I would also like to see some of the other lure companys get in to making a jigging minnow like rapala. This might drive the cost down some.
Its Just A Way Of Life, Some People Just Dont Understand.

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Dave Genz has some new jig's that will be out for next season !
I seen a few they're gonna be hot !

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2007, 09:02 AM »
if it's anything like his auto jigging fish trap   I wouldnt have anything to do with it!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2007, 10:01 AM »
if it's anything like his auto jigging fish trap   I wouldnt have anything to do with it!

No they are pretty much the same jig's he currently has but in some new hot colors and hook eye placements !
Seen them first hand and rite now they are just prototypes . Watch for them because they are pretty nice !!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2007, 10:19 AM »
How is the hook when compared to previous lures like the Genz worm? Any improvements?

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Alot of the stores are getting rid of there ice equipment right now.  I wonder if anyone gotten a sneak peak at teh stuff coming out for next year.  Will there be another ice armor suit?....extreme....extreme ....ice armor?  I did see the gander mountain version of the marcum flasher this year...but I only got a glimpse of on unit.  Anything else you guys heared of? 

Reality Check
I needed to return the blue Ice Armor to Cabelas and wanted to replace it with the gray they didn't have any of my size in the store so checked the catalog when I got home none web site none phone yesterday and they said they may not carry them next year.  I hope they do I have $ 300  credit setting there.

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2007, 01:35 PM »
How is the hook when compared to previous lures like the Genz worm? Any improvements?
Same from what I could see .

Offline shortpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Genz is a sellout, IMHO.  I won't buy anything with his name these days.

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2007, 07:04 PM »
Genz is a sellout, IMHO.  I won't buy anything with his name these days.
I guess we all have an opinion and were entitled to that !
I have personally met and spoke at length with him and IN MY OPINION he's just the average Joe trying to make a living at what he loves to do and pass on what he knows works !
I would have to guess that there isn't one person that can honestly say that they wouldn't take the opportunity to do what they love and make a little money doing it if they were to be given that chance !

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Vex will bring out a sonar that will blow Marcum out of the water.  :whistle: >:D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2007, 07:23 PM »
Vex will bring out a sonar that will blow Marcum out of the water.  :whistle: >:D

They wont have to try very hard because they already do from what I've seen  !! lol

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2007, 08:18 PM »
I cant wait to see the new stuff....I think ice fishing is just getting started and with more people and companies getting on the water.....it gonna be a great ride up!!  And for Dave Genz...I like that he is promoting ice fishing. I am not a fan of all his stuff...but whether you like him or not, most people getting into ice fishing knows his name and as they say even bad publicity is good publicity.

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2007, 08:21 PM »

Why do you say that ice dawg??

Do you freely admit that you are running an inferior product now and you are nervous of what Marcum products are capable of ??

;)

shawno

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.