Author Topic: Quote with Author  (Read 1020 times)

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
Quote with Author
« on: Feb 24, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Hello All,
I am trying to figure out how I can reply to a sender by using part of their reply as a quote and keep them as the author who has replied. I have seen this on the forums when their is discussion on some topic. I do not understand the directions for this on the site....computer illiterate :-\  Thanks for the help. FSHHED

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
Re: Quote with Author
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Hello All,
I am trying to figure out how I can reply to a sender by using part of their reply as a quote and keep them as the author who has replied. I have seen this on the forums when their is discussion on some topic. I do not understand the directions for this on the site....computer illiterate :-\  Thanks for the help. FSHHED

Keep all of the info between the  first set of [], then edit the text prior to the second [.  Leave the [/quote] at the end, then put your reply after that. 

Here is an edit of your quoted text:

Hello All,
I am trying to figure out how I can reply to a sender by using part of their reply as a quote and keep them as the author who has replied.

Hope that helps,

Jeff 

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2009, 10:50 PM »
[Keep all of the info between the  first set of [], then edit the text prior to the second [.  Leave the [/quote] at the end, then put your reply after that.][/quote]

Thats it! Thanks Jeff, well appreciated.

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2009, 10:51 PM »
 :'(Did not work, I will try again.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2009, 11:12 PM »
Try doing a "Reply with Quote" and play around with it using the preview button before posting.  That'll let you get it the way you want and you will be able to pick up the proper way to do it.

Jeff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.