Author Topic: Next closest thing..  (Read 662 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Next closest thing..
« on: Dec 20, 2021, 07:50 AM »
To ice fishing..

I get to replace several blower/ventilator motors.. on the roof of the shop,The plant/ building single phasedlost one leg of 3 phase electricity) over the weekend frying several motors that didn't trip the overload fast enough..
I get to slip and slide, kneel down and feel cold fingers.. good practice for the stretch run.

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Next closest thing..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:03 AM »
Sorry to hear Joe, good acclimation training though...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:06 AM »
Sorry to hear Joe, good acclimation training though...
Sure is.. just came down for a cup of coffee..I was in here yesterday, changing Vector drives in critical machines.. I'm short 1 motor, luckily Kaman has one in stock..

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:07 AM »
Sunday before Christmas and you're clocking in... You're a better man than me Joe lol...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:09 AM »
Sunday before Christmas and you're clocking in... You're a better man than me Joe lol...

Worse part is I'll give it all away in taxes..

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:25 AM »
That place is damn lucky to have you, that's what I gather.
Yea I'm up on the top of the highest hill in Hooksett, clearcut subdivision, fabbing fittings and putting pipe in the ground. I hear ya on the cold weather training Joe. I figure if I get my face PRE- wind burnt, and get my hands and fingers all pre-split,  I'll be good to go for the season. I wouldn't have it any other way though, couldn't stand to be couped up inside.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Sorry to hear that Joe been there done that only good thing was it wasn't when it was 15 degrees out we lost motors pumps and a crap load of contactors melted, since then we installed a shunt trip monitor system on our main coming in works great now if we lose a leg or have any blips on either line coming in it trips the main. Its cheaper than replacing drives and motors.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:42 AM »
I'm inside under the heat... but still dealing with ice...
Customer states... wipers stopped wiping... Gee I wonder why??

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:42 AM »
That place is damn lucky to have you, that's what I gather.
Yea I'm up on the top of the highest hill in Hooksett, clearcut subdivision, fabbing fittings and putting pipe in the ground. I hear ya on the cold weather training Joe. I figure if I get my face PRE- wind burnt, and get my hands and fingers all pre-split,  I'll be good to go for the season. I wouldn't have it any other way though, couldn't stand to be couped up inside.
I've been here 27 years, seen 6 buyouts.. we got a new GM(35 years old) last  March that was pushing to get me out of here.. until his take over prospect turned into a prima Donna walked in and quit, no notice..I've bailed his tail out of slop a dozen times since then.. now, at 64, almost 65, they are terrified im going to retire...anyway.. iiv'e made several.phone calls, collected some tools sucked down my coffee
. Time to get back after it.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:48 AM »
I'm inside under the heat... but still dealing with ice...
Customer states... wipers stopped wiping... Gee I wonder why??

Classic case of low on wiper fluid!!...lol
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2021, 09:32 AM »
If it makes you feel better Joe I had the wet saw going with steaming water and a bypass on the pump to keep a continuous water flow so I can cut in 6 degrees today lol can hardly feel my fingers
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2021, 11:04 AM »
If it makes you feel better Joe I had the wet saw going with steaming water and a bypass on the pump to keep a continuous water flow so I can cut in 6 degrees today lol can hardly feel my fingers

Hahaha! Adapt and overcome! That's the tradesmans way.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2021, 11:14 AM »

It doesn't make me feel better.. just equal..... I know there's a bunch of people doing what it takes to keep the wheels moving...too bad someone other than other tradesman could appreciate it. tip of the hat to ya.. at least I was dry on a rubber roof..not playing with freezing mud!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.