Author Topic: Figured out why Sportsmans Warehouse has no inventory...  (Read 13841 times)

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Re: Figured out why Sportsmans Warehouse has no inventory...
« Reply #120 on: Dec 04, 2021, 05:00 PM »
Went to Cabelas again today. Saw they were putting out ice gear several weeks ago and looked like they were in the process of getting it all set up. Today it still looks the same. Half of what they had last year. Looks like they aren't even trying now...

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #121 on: Dec 04, 2021, 05:20 PM »
Probably lost all their good staff and are running on first timers who could care less. Seeing a LOT of that right now. Couple buddies who are managers having that prob, and can't find anyone who wants to work!   ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Dec 04, 2021, 06:40 PM »
Might just be me but I think the winner is the consumer.  If the govt. let every big corporation buy up the little guy, they will be the only one left.  Where as, they can set the price as high as they want and you either pay or go without.  Granted if Sportsman's warehouse folds, the consumer won't be able to buy there, but there are still other stores to get your stuff from.  Just my two cents but I see it as a good thing that the merger didn't go through!  Bass pro shop already gobbled up Gander Mt., enough is enough!

Maybe in other parts of the country there's  other stores, all I have here is sportsman's or wally world.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Gander Mt was not bought by Bass pro . They just decided to close all stores and rebrand it to Gander outdoors.

I think Camping World bought Gander Mtn and made the decision to rebrand. They kept the stores where they could sell CW inventory. 

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #124 on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:38 AM »
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/12/parent-company-of-bass-pro-and-cabelas-plans-to-acquire-sportsmans-warehouse.html

It's all a bit confusing. We had a Field and Stream store near me (apparently now owned by Dicks) that became a Sportsman's Warehouse, which according to the article above is now owned by (allegedly) BPS/Cabelas.  ???
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #125 on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:42 AM »
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/12/parent-company-of-bass-pro-and-cabelas-plans-to-acquire-sportsmans-warehouse.html

It's all a bit confusing. We had a Field and Stream store near me (apparently now owned by Dicks) that became a Sportsman's Warehouse, which according to the article above is now owned by (allegedly) BPS/Cabelas.  ???

They are owned by the parent company of Reeds, who owns Marine General, and was bought out by Rotel corp who owns Burger Kings.... :wacko:

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:49 AM »

That got shot down would have made them a monopoly
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #127 on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:54 AM »
They are owned by the parent company of Reeds, who owns Marine General, and was bought out by Rotel corp who owns Burger Kings.... :wacko:

Soooo...."I'd like some 10# fishing line....and could you super-size my Whopper meal please"?  :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #128 on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:57 AM »
    "And a side order of the small size minnows"... :woot:

Offline justin p

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Dec 05, 2021, 09:57 AM »
Sportsmans Warehouse has no inventory because............ well, because it's Sportsmans Warehouse, that's why.

They'll advertise it, but they can't sell it to you because they don't have it, or if you order it online, they'll send you something "similar" instead, surprise!
That's seems to have always been their business model for decades. I can't stand that company.

I gave up on them long before there was any talk of a buyout.
I'm surprised they are still in business, and even more surprised that someone thought they had enough value to even consider buying them.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #130 on: Dec 05, 2021, 10:05 AM »
Anyone ever use Sportsman's Guide in Mpls? Had super luck and prices with them for many years; I really like the place.  :thumbsup:

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #131 on: Dec 05, 2021, 11:18 AM »
Anyone ever use Sportsman's Guide in Mpls? Had super luck and prices with them for many years; I really like the place.  :thumbsup:

I have online. Can get some good deals. More if you become a member. I forget about them.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #132 on: Dec 05, 2021, 11:54 AM »
They're my go-to sports store!  That's where I was able to find my real rabbit's fur hat some years back when all the other places were pumping out the faux fur ones. Thing is too hot to wear with ear flaps down, except on super cold windy days. Thick, quilted lining and adjustable nylon click straps. Think I paid $30 for it. Can't beat that! Love it! ;D
I've bought 6 President reels from 'em, numerous rods, and ammo. Never had a prob, except one reel had a bent shaft. Emailed them, they said keep it...and sent me a new one in 3 days, WITH an extra titanium spool.
Now that's customer service!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Dec 05, 2021, 12:09 PM »
Mine too!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Dec 05, 2021, 10:18 PM »
Went to Cabela's today and they didn't have much of anything for ice fishing.

The local shop I work at has more ice gear then any other store this year that I have seen.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Dec 06, 2021, 08:51 PM »
A friend of mine bought a Marcum M1 from them. just got it today and it was fully assembled. transducer was already plugged in. the bottom of the transducer was all scuffed up. I told him to contact them immediately. they asked for a picture and are now offering him $100 partial refund for the transducer. We're taking it out to test it to see if the thing works before responding.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Dec 07, 2021, 09:45 AM »
A friend of mine bought a Marcum M1 from them. just got it today and it was fully assembled. transducer was already plugged in. the bottom of the transducer was all scuffed up. I told him to contact them immediately. they asked for a picture and are now offering him $100 partial refund for the transducer. We're taking it out to test it to see if the thing works before responding.

Take the $100 refund either way
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #137 on: Dec 07, 2021, 10:02 AM »
Either way, they'll take care of ya. They stand behind their stuff.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.