Author Topic: Thinkin about building a permy this year  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Thinkin about building a permy this year
« Reply #30 on: Sep 21, 2011, 03:41 PM »
Scary, isn't it?   :o  Glad you're OK.  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Sep 21, 2011, 04:48 PM »
yea, not a very good feeling at all!!!

wont happen again either!!

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #32 on: Sep 21, 2011, 08:57 PM »
It is no fun kicking off the bottom and if you have went in or got someone out like i have done both you always have it planted in your mind. Ya late ice can surprise you. Be safe my brothers!

Offline 98600xc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothin beats the vexilar!
« Reply #33 on: Oct 15, 2011, 06:57 PM »
so my plans kinda changed. my neighbor has an old frame on wheels that sits really close to the ground.  i was thinkin about building off of that. i was thinking of an angle iron frame. then what should I use for walls thats ralatively cheap and light? thanks guys

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #34 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:55 PM »
WE USED THe 6 gallon buckets and i hope they work good as planed, because me and my buddy just finished up our converted pop up camper shack within thE last month. cant wait for the ice. we have been waiting since july. PRAY TO THE ICE GODS! lol eh.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #35 on: Oct 16, 2011, 10:05 AM »
WE USED THe 6 gallon buckets and i hope they work good as planed, because me and my buddy just finished up our converted pop up camper shack within thE last month. cant wait for the ice. we have been waiting since july. PRAY TO THE ICE GODS! lol eh.
I used 10" PVC in my popup conversion and it worked out well. Some people say you lose too many fish getting them out of the hole, but I didn't have that problem. I could usually tell how well they were hooked while they were still in the water and if it was questionable I would flip them out with my big dipper. Just remember to put the buckets down before you clean the shavings out of the holes so they will be sealed. If you don't, you will have wind coming up the holes and the shack will be hard to heat.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline 98600xc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothin beats the vexilar!
« Reply #36 on: Oct 17, 2011, 08:23 PM »
bad news once again...... i am not going to have the money this year to build a house. i have to buy a new auger. priorities first, i guess..  i will probably build it this summer when i earn a little bit more money.  So anyways, i was thinking im gonna buy a strikemaster. i was thinking a lazermag express, not the one with the solo engine, but the style before that. what do you guys think I should buy? thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.