Author Topic: Lazer Mag Express Catching at bottom of hole  (Read 1200 times)

Offline zdroikb

• IceShanty Rookie
Lazer Mag Express Catching at bottom of hole
« on: Feb 09, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the Strikermaster Lazer Mag Express catching on the last inch of the hole.  It's a pain in the ***.  Brand new, any suggestions?  Maybe it has to be broke in???

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lazer Mag Express Catching at bottom of hole
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2008, 01:33 PM »
I bought one in Nov and it does the same thing, it doesnt do it as bad now that its broke in a little, also let it warm up good and it is better.  Mine is real tough though you just have to push through.  I still like mine because it is so light.
Lindy

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2008, 02:29 PM »
Yes, mine does too, but I've come to realize that you don't want to push down too much while drilling.  I didn't think I was, but when I started to pay attention, I realized that I was a little.  So far, it has helped out, but it still does it a little bit.

Offline pizalm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Don't push through at the bottom, try and shave through, it makes life alot easier.
pour me another one, I'm finished with the other one

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2008, 03:48 PM »
I just figured that was the warning sign that your about ready to bust threw.  First time I used it I'm glad the handles were wide enough that the whole business didn't go down the hole.  Let the auger do the work and not you.  Hang on.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Call strikemaster if it is new. Shouldn't an ice auger drill ice? It is made to do ONE THING, that is drill ice! If it wont drill ice properly, I suggest you exchange it for a model that will.

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:43 PM »
I bought one last week and I have the same issue, I was on the third hole with it and it bucked me because it ate too much ice and broke the the bottom and got stuck. When this happens I bring it further up the hole and get the bit moving quickly and ease it to the bottom of the hole where the ice is and usually it will eat what was left right up. hope this helps you a little bit.

Offline zdroikb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Figured out the problem...  The compression release valve switch that they put on there now was getting stuck, so it never popped back out after you started it...  After I realized that, no issues at all.  Cuts like a dream.

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2008, 08:54 PM »
I have the same problem with mine also.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.