Author Topic: rod holders  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
rod holders
« on: Jan 01, 2007, 10:22 PM »
What is the best rod jig rod holder and where do you get them. Also, I'd love to see pictures or ideas on how to carry rods, reels, dippers, traps, rod holders. I do not fish with an ATV or snowmobile rather I drag a Wilderness Experience sled. I have some ideas on what I want to do but thought I should check here first.
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: rod holders
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2007, 11:22 AM »
I don't have a photo, but the ones I like the best are a heavy wire circle about 12" in diameter - attached to this are two sort of triangles that rotate up and have places at the peak for the rod to sit in.  The one has a simple latch mechanism that slips over the rod.  It can be a bit of a pain to get it unlatched if you are using it as a deadstick, but since it is bigger than the hole, you'll never lose a rod using this holder. 

I've even seen Skiff set the hook on perch with the holder attached - it takes some getting used to, but can be done.

If I didn't do a good enough job explaining, let me know and I can take a photo of one.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2007, 03:10 PM »

You can check Here for ideas on holders for your shelter. As for storage I personally like the Stone Legacy Revolution ..Stone Legacy.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Thanks Lone Wolf that rod storage is exactly what I was looking for!!!!!! Still looking at rod holders.

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2007, 03:53 PM »
well, whatever kind you get (atleast ones that fit down the hole) make sure you tie a big bobber to them or something, seeieng as how they spend most of there lives right next to the holer, they tend to fall in, and they dont tend to float, so unless you have jibbs around, who is an excellent rog holder catcher, keep some type of flotation aid on your rod holder.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Thanks. I'll see if I can design something. I see you cross country ski, me too. I have a wilderness experiance ski sled that I want to outfit to ice sled quickly and efficiently. I love the products Lone Wolf showed, now I have to design and organize my jig rod holders. I will work on it this weekend and post a picture. Still looking for best holders

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2007, 02:08 PM »
Cabela's has this 6-rod holder for $20.00 I have the 3-rod holder and it's pretty nice. It has big pockets for storage. but now I have 4 rods and am looking at getting the 6-rod ice fishing rod case below.

=http://www.cabelas.C0M/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat20196&id=0029903121545a&navCount=2&podId=0029903&parentId=cat20196&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20196&hasJS=true]
jbird68

Offline keny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just poken holes
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2007, 05:25 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.