Author Topic: If price was not an issue would the Aqua-Vu Quad HD be worth it?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If price was not an issue would the Aqua-Vu Quad be worth it vs. a camera that only sees in one direction that would have to be rotated manually? I have an extremely clear lake I will fish that has the clarity of 26 feet where I mark unresponsive fish in very deep water on my fish finder that I would like to see what they are once and for all. It's not so much I don't know the species they could be, but wonder if I'm not getting false readings on my sonar as these fish are never responsive. Could be sunken tree or something.

Thanks in advance.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I just got the Marcum Pursuit for this ice season. Upgrading my old Marcum B&W that still works. I really like it and it's features. Not sure what real benefits the quad brings to the table. If I want to see 360° I suspend the camera in the down view angle. I fish in a 3 hole shanty with the cam on one end pointing at the jigs in the other 2 holes. I have the Marcum panner from the old unit that works just fine for me. Camera fishing is addicting, but there's pro's and con's with and without.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I just got the Marcum Pursuit for this ice season. Upgrading my old Marcum B&W that still works. I really like it and it's features. Not sure what real benefits the quad brings to the table. If I want to see 360° I suspend the camera in the down view angle. I fish in a 3 hole shanty with the cam on one end pointing at the jigs in the other 2 holes. I have the Marcum panner from the old unit that works just fine for me. Camera fishing is addicting, but there's pro's and con's with and without.

I do have to be honest, this will be from a boat in open water this coming June. The clarity of this lake is something to behold. That said there is a reservoir in the same state that has a clarity of up to 50 feet. However everything used there that will go into the water has to be pressure or steam cleaned by appointment and inspected for launch. Then a wire seal is attached to the boat and trailer and if that seal is broken the boat has to be recleaned and inspected. No was to determine of the camera was used somewhere else so I doubt if  could use it in that one.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
Money no issue then YES. I have a old version of the quad and it works good being able to see almost all around you. Another step up on the camera view

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If price is not an issue I'd be looking at Panoptix or Bird Livescope. I can afford it, but don't really want one.

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
I bit the bullet and bought one. I like it for my Little Jigger IC, since all holes are in a line and typically have a line down on each end, and camera in the middle. Being able to see all directions is awesome and I can see how fish respond to my baits. Yesterday afternoon I was expecting the northerns to start cruising, but started seeing walleyes, so I switched to smaller minnows and caught 24" 6lber. That fish checked out both of my baits and ended up taking the bait on my tip-up. I guess he wanted a slightly bigger minnow.
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
How heavy is that camera?  Years ago I had an Atlantis camera. The camera itself panned inside of a bell shaped housing. It worked nice but dealing with this big, heavy bell-shaped camera was a real pain. I have a small AquaVu mini now and it is much easier to work with.  Bigger is not always better. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.