Author Topic: Suggestions on creating a portable shanty.....  (Read 971 times)

Offline zaraspooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • on top rocks
Suggestions on creating a portable shanty.....
« on: Nov 18, 2004, 08:51 AM »
My neighbor was throwing out a car top carrier the other day and asked if I wanted it so I looked at it and thought the bottom sort of looked like a wide Jet Sled......... brain started thinking that could be turned into a cool portable.  Anyone have suggestions on what could be done for the transformation of this?  I already figured that I could put braces in and mount a seat.  The hard part is going to be making the cover or wind break.  I have seen some of the designs from an earlier thread....

What do you all think???

I need something to keep me occupied since we still have 60 degree weather...........now that "BITES"

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Suggestions on creating a portable shanty.....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2004, 09:23 AM »
I have an old Army canvas pup-tent that my dad gave me.  I never used it, but it is constructed of very heavy dark green canvas material with grommets sown in.  I'm not sure what you could do with it, but I'd bet you could pick used ones up really cheap at a miltary surplus outlet.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2004, 10:32 AM »
    I found a cartop carrier along the road 3 years ago and it has been sitting in my basement ever since.  What a great idea!!!  I'll have to take a look at it and see what I can do.  When I come up with something I'll post.  I'm thinking a one man flip shelter or wind break.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline zaraspooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • on top rocks
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2004, 11:14 AM »
Exactly what I was thinking.....

Since most one man clam types are too big for my car I figured that there may be some way to make it so that it can be carried on top of my car like its original intention...

We shall see....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.