Author Topic: Snowdog  (Read 10031 times)

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
Re: Snowdog
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2019, 09:19 AM »
That’s a great question, I actually am not sure. I had to leave and didn’t stick around to see. He did say he’s from down state and decided to purchase the snowdog vs’s an atv due to the fact he has only a small storage space for off season and the fact he could transport it in his suv.
a buddy of mine has one they really do work great pulled him his snowdog seat sled his 110 lb. Shanty and the me and my 230lbs plus prolly the 200 for my shanty and gear. To put it away drives it in side door of van and has enough room to flip the handle over. Said in a pinch he can even make the turn to park it right even loading from the back. Mind you this is a ram sprinter work van, little extra height.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Ice pirate 74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 19, 2020, 06:15 PM »
other then the oil change how do you like it ice pirate?
I like it, sorry it’s been so long, thing still going

dakotaice

« Reply #32 on: Dec 20, 2020, 06:15 PM »
Drainzit Oil Drain Hose for Honda Engines GX240 GX270 GX340 GX390 GC160  HON1412

Offline Ice pirate 74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 25, 2020, 10:28 AM »
Thank you, I’ll try and get one see how it works

dakotaice

« Reply #34 on: Dec 30, 2020, 12:18 PM »
You bet!!! First oil change on the dog was a mess, until i did some searching!! Problem solved, you'll definitely be happy with it.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 02, 2021, 06:24 PM »
Lots of info on Facebook about home built tracksleds.  A few groups to check out.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2021, 12:19 PM »
Ive been looking at these. They had a sale much earlier in the year for a cheaper model.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:54 PM »
bought mine back first of December and have used it every week or weekend since. Are they perfect? No. But for Ice fishing they are a damn nice machine. 8-10" snow, me on driver sled, eskimo sierra insulated 2 man flip with my fishing partner ridding on one of the seats and 2 full jet sleds and away we go. I did get it into a little slush and it didn't like it but it didn't get totally stuck either.  I load mine on a hitch hauler and that works well in the parking areas where turning around is tight. Have not changed the oil yet but already figured I would have to pump it out.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline Irving.L

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2021, 04:34 PM »
I still prefer a snowmobile,  but this machine looks pretty interesting

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 21, 2021, 06:59 AM »
I still prefer a snowmobile,  but this machine looks pretty interesting

Interesting concept, very simply built, there could be a limited utility for this machine.  Think I will stick with the snowmobile to get around though, and use the tracked skidsteer for nasty applications, chance of getting out of that unhurt are much greater.

Offline dsupercat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 21, 2021, 07:06 AM »
That has to be the smallest ASV I have seen.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2021, 07:46 AM »
$2000.00!!!!!!!!  if there was one of those setting down the road for 2 grand id have it in heartbeat. shipping$ from Russia?  I mite just have to make one of those. lol  thanks for posting Irving.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:29 AM »

Help, I've fallen and I can't get up.  @)

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2021, 11:31 AM »
That has to be the smallest ASV I have seen.

It's an RT30, a little over 30hp, only 4' wide with a 4-in-1 bucket.  I bought the unit new 4 years ago to clear a site to build a new cabin on a fly-in lake, added extra weight on the back and rigged it with a 9500# winch that could be transferred from the front to back as needed.  It was almost a 2 day project, but we walked it through 2.7 miles of virgin bush in over 2 foot of snow and only had to winch once because it bottomed out on a steep creek bank, it will go through and move about anything.  It has taken out countless big tree stumps, been on it's nose a few times lifting logs bigger than it should and was over on it's side that once when pushing out a stump with a huge root mass, but other than having to bleed the injectors after being on it's side, it has been trouble-free. Originally I was going to sell it once the cabin was done, but a couple of new projects up there need to be completed so it's going to stick around for a while yet.  It is useful little workhorse.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2021, 01:10 PM »
Couldn't be too difficult to rig up some kind of a sled from the power drive on an old snowmobile.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #45 on: Jan 24, 2021, 08:32 AM »
this looks like a great diy mobility vehicle for the ice.  I have an old scooter that just mite get this addition to it. lol

real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 27, 2021, 12:18 PM »
this looks like a great diy mobility vehicle for the ice.  I have an old scooter that just mite get this addition to it. lol

looks like an off shoot of the old boney bikes.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 27, 2021, 02:08 PM »

Some good old fashioned drinkin and drivin right there SMH
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #48 on: Jan 27, 2021, 04:10 PM »
My baja warrior minibike  that i put ice racing screw in the tires went that good.however the centrifugal clutch was not as variable speed as i would have wanted by the time it engaged it was half throttle and going to fast to pull my gear.basically all or nothing clutch engagement in the snow.a torque converter setup would of been better.i  sold it to a kid this summer after i took out all the racing screws.it would get up and go on bare ice but had to keep both feet down in any snow cover.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.