The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Yesness pond casper  (Read 4171 times)

Offline ryaninwy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yesness pond casper
« on: Feb 08, 2011, 04:49 PM »
i am wondering if anyone has taken there kids to icefish this pond and if they have had any luck? I am petty sure that kids only can fish it but not real sure. Thank you for any for info...
This Icefishing obsession i have never melts away....

Offline wforbes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Yesness pond casper
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2011, 05:14 PM »
I am sure it would fish great! During the summer we always did very well catching small trout and blue gills, I bet it would be a blast ice fishin there with some young kids for sure or even by yourself :) I have looked at the regs several times and have never been able to figure out if it is youth only or not.
hammer em bud!!! :tipup:

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2011, 07:30 PM »
yeah it's kids only, don't remember the age cut off.

Offline outdoorschris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:50 AM »
yeah it's kids only, don't remember the age cut off.

are you sure i thought that was just the derby the game and fish has there in the summer and I pretty sure that is 12 yr old-.

Offline GilletteRandy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:43 AM »
Would probably be a good question for the Game and Fish post.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:41 AM »
I too couldn't find any info on a restriction so maybe I'm wrong.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:53 AM »
i am wondering if anyone has taken there kids to icefish this pond and if they have had any luck? I am petty sure that kids only can fish it but not real sure. Thank you for any for info...
Glad to see you finally post something Ryan!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline outdoorschris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:08 PM »
I talked to the lady at the front desk some I dont know how valid this info is but no age limit and only two lines. You might catch an Oscar fish while you there I might try is thursday night if my buddy will come with me. Im in a blue shanty

Offline outdoorschris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Fished the pond from 5 to 6, and didnt have any luck. Ice was about 8". I think best idea is to get some ppl rounded up and sting some tipups across there to see what depth the fish are at.

Offline oregonguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2011, 08:01 PM »
I spoke with the game and fish. They said that there is nothing they can do if you fish and are not a kid, however they do encourage it as a kid fishery.

Offline rucadulu

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing is my preferred way of living.
Re: Yesness Pond Casper
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2017, 05:16 PM »
My coworker was out yesterday afternoon and said the ice on Yesness Pond was over 4 inches thick.  Also my family has lived in the Central Wyoming for 5 generations now and not one of my living relatives can every remember a time when Yesness Pond was for 14 and under only. However, there have been plenty of times that it held fishing tournaments for 14 and under boys and girls.

Offline crazedhermit76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2017, 06:42 PM »
The Bluegill are really pretty tiny in there - they also have some 10"ish" inch catfish.

Offline rucadulu

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing is my preferred way of living.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:12 AM »
I would like to catch some of the Arctic Grayling that Game and Fish has stocked in Yesness Pond.  I would love to find a list of what Game and Fish has stocked in Yesness Pond but all I can find is news articles that talk about illegal Walleye and that they stocked Golden Trout and Arctic Grayling.  I wish I could find a Game and Fish stocking report for all Wyoming waters. 

Offline Doz601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Gills, hybrid sunfish from Oklahoma that we traded adult browns to, I'm surprised if the grayling made these ponds Aren't cold enough to support them. I found several grayling belly up in Mckennzie this summer. Stocker trout and apparently cats.

Offline WGFDcasper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2017, 12:08 PM »
I would like to catch some of the Arctic Grayling that Game and Fish has stocked in Yesness Pond.  I would love to find a list of what Game and Fish has stocked in Yesness Pond but all I can find is news articles that talk about illegal Walleye and that they stocked Golden Trout and Arctic Grayling.  I wish I could find a Game and Fish stocking report for all Wyoming waters.
We stock rainbow and cutthroat every year in yesness.  We stocked hybrid sunfish to see if they would get larger than the green sunfish that are already in there.  This spring we stocked catfish and grayling as well.  Other places we put grayling were Bryan Stock Trail, Dome Rock Res and Jessica's pond.  If you would like information on stocking in the state, just call a regional office and we can help you out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.