Author Topic: Favorite solution for rod storage inside shanty  (Read 409 times)

Offline deeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Favorite solution for rod storage inside shanty
« on: Feb 14, 2024, 06:22 PM »
I have used the flowerbox holder for years now and it's a long, rectangular plastic box.  It's nice but the rods and gear get all twisted up and quickly tangled.

I'd like to have a nice system to store / hold my 4-6 rods for quick switch-up while I try diff poles / lures.  I just can't imagine enjoying the fabric case type holders.

I am thinking of some sort of milk crate with rod holders positioned on the perimeter and my 2 small tackle boxes inside the crate.

Any pics of your favorite solution to store your rods and allow for quick and easy access.

Thanks!

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Favorite solution for rod storage inside shanty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2024, 07:42 AM »
I use the Eskimo rod bag for transport, it has hard tubes to keep the rods safe, and a storage area big enough for all my jig boxes.

I printed a couple of these rod holders, one for my flipover and one for my regular sled, and also have a printed rod holder on my Vexilar. As I switch rods, I’ll put them into one of those holders so they are ready instead of the rod case. Clam makes one too, but it is kind of expensive (shocking, I know)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Favorite solution for rod storage inside shanty
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2024, 06:29 AM »
Little tubes inside milk crates is easy to work with. 

I also would invest in some simple rod socks.  Helps to prevent rod tangles.  For one thing it makes the rod tips much more obvious during transport as to prevent simple mishaps. 
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.