Author Topic: New ice ride need input  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Bigfish713

• IceShanty Rookie
New ice ride need input
« on: Dec 19, 2016, 01:38 AM »
So I just picked up my 2nd but will call 1st sled. 1st one was 30 yeas ago and it was a attic cat kitty cat. This one is a 94 Polaris Indy trail 500 and will be my new ice ride. What mods should I do and how to attach my shanty to tow it? Auger mount, hitch and gps mount will be done for sure just looking for ideas on people are doing them. Any other mods that will be helpful would be great thanks.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: New ice ride need input
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2016, 03:53 AM »
Might want to check this thread out. Lot of pictures of mods made to sleds for the hardwater.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=154533.0

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:15 AM »
That has the 488 fuji engine which is known to be bulletproof. I've got the classic with 12,000 miles. I thought about building an auger mount for 1 of my sleds but with a heavy auger and deep snow and me not getting any younger... I just figured it is easier to lay it in a jet sled. Don't let that discourage you though, a lot of great auger mount ideas out there and if I was a run & gunner I'd do the same and leave the jet sled home.
It must be something in the water.

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2016, 07:07 AM »
I put a ubolt on the rear bumper of my polaris indy 500 and towed my flipover, I sandwiched to pieces of flat steel around the bumper, then put the ubolt through so the end of the ubolt was away from the bumper enough to hook the tow bar in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.