Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1610097 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17250 on: Oct 13, 2019, 02:30 PM »
WS.....glad to know you’re back to square one 😉 when are you leaving for the shack ???  ;D

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17251 on: Oct 13, 2019, 05:01 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Been a busy day. Went to Mass this morning and my wife had found some stuff on Facebook Market Place. Found 2 sleds for decorating in N.H. She found a utility cart to put my parents first 2 stone roosters on in Mass. Found some free corn stalks. Mr Dickens and me got a few walks in.

Whopper Stopper, Welcome back. Glad you had a good trip.

Mason Eddie, Hope you had a good time and we’re successful in the pumpkin patch. Thank you for that link I’ll check it out. We were lucky the truck didn’t explode.

Hunts2long, Hope they get that all straightened out so you can watch the games and tv.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you got the leaves all cleaned up. Hopefully you didn’t use your arm.

WallyWorld, Great pictures of the bucks and does. They certainly are enjoying the apples.

Hope everyone has a good Evening. God bless

My wife’s finds for the day.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17252 on: Oct 13, 2019, 06:31 PM »
Wife has to start decorating when it gets dark.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17253 on: Oct 13, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Good evening weather seems to be in a holding pattern forecast for tomorrow is similar. I will enjoy it while it lasts we could use some rain and before to long i should see first frost of the Fall.
Wallyworld some good looking bucks visiting your property. May Mr.WW see their relatives while at your hunting camp. Being in a college town does help a business serving /selling food at lower prices.
Ice Wanderer how was the leaf raking today.
Hunts2long sure it feels good to have the living room back to normal. May the dispute between Dish and Fox get settled soon irritating  when you can not watch your sports team during play offs. Best to you and your team mates at the bowling alley .
Eddie did your grand kids have fun picking out pumpkins today. May good luck be with you on tomorrow's fishing trip.
Whopper Stopper good to read you and the "Girls" are safely home. Hope they have tomorrow off to rest from your travels and adjust back to your time zone. Thanks once again for sharing the photos from your trip.
Icefisher-45 see your new truck is already getting put to use, nice looking mums your wife purchased. Is she going to clean up the sleds before using them for decorations. The staircase decorating looks good.
Capt.Jim may your wife and the others be having a good time in Cabo. All the best with the AC job this week.

Have a good evening.
 Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17254 on: Oct 13, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Evening, Gang

Light rain right now, supposed to be a nice day tomorrow(Monday)

Mr. Clean - Everybody made it to Cabo o.k., they have rain there, causing some road closures and mudslides, taking more tools down to A.C., just bare minimums, hopefully
     will get some paint on the walls & ceiling by weeks end, then laminate floor to do, flooring being delivered on Wednesday

W.S. - Glad to hear all are home safe from fantastic sounding road trip

Mrs. W.W. - Some of the bucks pictured appear to be good sized, I just started marinating 5 steaks I got from the neighbor behind us, he hunts & supplies me with meat, his
     wife refuses to eat it, poor girl, doesn't know what she is missing

45 - Decorations look good

H2L - The players salaries have nothing to do with the fact that the Dish wants more than Fox wants to pay, hostage & ransom

Mason - Did the grandchildren have fun with pumpkin picking ?

The steaks go from the freezer into plastic freezer bags hard frozen with Lea & Perrins, Soy, Zesty Italian salad dressing, B-B-Q, 2 heaping tablespoons of minced garlic, let sit
     in fridge for 2 days min. to thaw down & suck up the flavor, with Ellie in Cabo, this is the way I cook, flavors, not bland with sea salt like her, ppbbtt  :P

Early wake up, so shower, snack, bed

Be Safe-Stay Warm or Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon-Happy Birthday

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17255 on: Oct 14, 2019, 05:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 40* and clear, the weather cat has been out since 3:30, out on the prowl. ::)
                              Marv.........I bet you're glad to be in your own bed, nothing like home. :thumbsup:
                              Eddie........How was the pumpkin picking yesterday, it was a beautiful day for it. :clap: I hope you have a good day fishing. :thumbsup:
                              I-45.........Nice job of the fall decor on your stairs. :bow: I hope you get your walk in today. :flex:
                              Steve.......I don't rake the leaves, I have a mower the mulches and bags them, I dump them in a pile for compost. :flex: I will be doing
                     them every other day for another 2 weeks by the looks of things. ???
                              Capt........Enjoy the venison steaks. :thumbsup:
                              My wife wants me to come out to her mother's today and stay the night, so that's the plan. I have to be back tomorrow because my son
                     MW is doing a job for me either tomorrow or Wednesday.
                              I hope everyone has a good Monday, Columbus Day either at work or out doing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17256 on: Oct 14, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Good morning IW Good morning everyone :bow:

35 crisp with a decent breeze.

Thanks for the Welcome back, yes it's nice to be back in my own bed. Everything is packed away and my wife and s-i-l head back to work this morning. I have a list of things to work on to get all caught up. We did have an excellent time, and put on some miles to boot

I was hoping to be able to fetch my new spear house today or tomorrow, but am starting to get an odd feeling about the guy that's building it. He wanted a half down deposit with the rest being due at pick up. I gave him his deposit on Aug 28, and he  promised it being finished by the end of September no problem. First it was his bear hunting, then the weather that delayed things, then he had truck problems that delayed him. He said he could deliver it while we were gone, but changed his mind when I said as long as I can make final payment after seeing it and inspecting his work. We finally decided on my meeting him for pick up Today the 14th, now he won't respond to my calls or PM's so that's obviously not happening. I gave him the money down through Pay Pal and my Visa. if I don't get any response today I am thinking about contacting our Visa and see about cancelling. Just seems nothing can ever go smooth.

Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17257 on: Oct 14, 2019, 06:12 AM »
Morning all,

CapJ.....I'm with you, food MUST have flavor  :thumbsup:  enjoy the steaks

IW.....leaves are mostly down here already, not sure what happened this year  ???  safe travels to VT sir  ;)

WS.....sorry to hear you're getting the run around on the shack  :(  hope you get it straightened out

Eddie.....good luck fishing today  ;D

Got the boat winterized and tucked away yesterday  :'(  then the lawn mowed yet again  ::) today we're dragging logs out of the woods for next year's stack  :flex:

snack time  :woot:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17258 on: Oct 14, 2019, 06:31 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  40* here as well , high of 66 today.

Jeff...safe travels this am, hope things are going well for your MIL.  :thumbsup:    Pumpkin picking was a great time, couldn’t beat the weather for it! Took a hayride to and from the patch, a big corn maze to keep the kids occupied out there as well, plenty of pumpkins to choose from...then the cider and doughnuts to top it off, lol. Everyone had a good time!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim...hope the weather clears up for the family in Cabo! Those venison steaks sound good, enjoy! Sounds like you’re making good progress with the AC job, have a safe day!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...passed on the Salmon River today, my sons had an emergency job and are working today unfortunately. Going to hit a local lake or two and see if I can coax some big bluegills to come home for a hot oil bath these evening!  ;D
  I-45...X2 on Jeff’s reply, the decor looks really nice!   :clap:  Love the old sleds and cart. Have a great day and walk with Mr.Dickens!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...as mentioned, bet it was pretty good getting a much needed sleep in your own bed again! That sucks about the guy building your spear shack, hope you get a positive response this am, damn! Best wishes sent on that!   :thumbsup: :%$#!:
  Wally...another great shot of the apple eater!  ;D. Thanks for sharing, and be careful with those logs today!   :thumbsup:

I’ve got 2 ultra light poles ready for action this am, lol, one set up with plastics the other old school...a bobber and #10 hook for garden worms.  Won’t be any smoking runs down the river, but some fun nonetheless!   ;D
  Like John Wayne said...”we’re burning daylight “....time to go catch some pannies....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17259 on: Oct 14, 2019, 07:04 AM »
38* this morning. Looks like another nice day.
WS, glad you had a safe trip home.
IW, safe travels. Hope the M-I-L is doing fine.
Eddie, looks like you have a nice day for fishing. Good Luck.
WW, still a lot of leaves on here. The hill across the lake is showing some color.
Ice-45, the wife did a good job with the decorations.
The daughter and her BF came up yesterday, mowed the lawn, trimmed some trees. Rob loves his chain saw...lol. Wife has a 8:15 check up with her local doctor. We bowled well again last night. Took all 4 points. Last year my nephew's BIL killed a bear during the early season. They had sent a tooth into the state, he got the report back. The bear was a 11 year old sow. The report said that most of the reported sows are about 5 years old. She had been around for awhile. He had a rug made, just over 6 feet. He said it is his last bear, the meat is like chewing on Goodyear tire.
The Yankee game was on MLB network so was able to stay up to 1am to watch them loose. It was a good game.
Have a good day...h2l

I would like to add "how about those JETS"
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17260 on: Oct 14, 2019, 07:51 AM »
37* to start the day. The last two days have been miserable. Friday was a high south wind. Coldest south wind I can remember. Yesterday was rain. I think I may have seen some snow in what was coming down when I went to town. Guessed to be decent today then back to two more days of rain.

Capt Jim My SIL will not eat anything deer yet she ate a lot of moose when they lived in AK. She did not like the perch I gave them saying they were too strong but eats LM Bass. ::) I generally just put a little garlic powder on my venison and fry it medium rare.

IF-45 Your wife has a gift for decorating. That looks like a Hubbard squash on the landing. Some good eating there, just hard to get cut up to cook. I still have my old sled. It is pretty beat up from using it as much as I did. it is a wonder I did not get killed using it and my toboggan they way I did.

Marv I am sure it was good to get home and in your own bed. At least you did not get into any real bad snow. I saw a picture some where of a guys truck with 6 inches of snow on it in northern Wis.
You should also be able to get some help from Paypal to get your money back as well as your credit card. Hopefully you get the shack and do not have to resort to that.

H2l that is an old sow. maybe my way of cooking geese might make the meat palatable. I cut them in narrow strips then put them in BBQ sauce for almost a week. The vinegar in the BBQ sauce must tenderize the meat and covers up what can be a pretty nasty taste.

ww Still a lot of leaves to come down here. The sassafras in the front yard are yellow, the ones in the back yard are red. must be different verities. The one in the front yard have berries some years. When I showed a limb with some leaves and berries on it to a friend that  practically lived in the woods, He identified the leaves but had never seen berries on Sassafras. He was in his 90's.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17261 on: Oct 15, 2019, 02:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear 39*, high of 57 today.

Tom...a pretty drab looking Fall in this area, trees with color seem very dull, some still green others completely bare.
  H2...another fine night on the lanes for the team, way to go! Hope the Dr.’s appointment went well for your wife. Wow, that was an old bear... :thumbsup:
  Marv...hoping you heard some good news yesterday on the spear shack!   :thumbsup:

Fishing was fair yesterday, lakes were actually pretty low and very clear. Caught a few bluegills worth keeping, lots of dink’s. Small plastics seemed to be the hot item for small pickerel and a few little largemouths. Not a banner day, but it was fun getting out and wetting a line.
  Back to sidewalks again today.... Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17262 on: Oct 15, 2019, 06:29 AM »

38* this morning. As you can see, the trees have a long way to go. That picture was just taken. When you get another 1500' up in the hills, many of the leaves have already dropped. You can also see that the lake has dropped. Now just a river out front.

Eddie, glad you enjoyed your day off and caught some fish.

My boat has been serviced and is waiting to be put into the garage. Wife's appt. went well. Got another load of stuff to go to the SA.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17263 on: Oct 15, 2019, 06:29 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

40 with showers moving in a little later today, they are calling for 60's by the end of the week.

Eddie good going on getting some fishing in :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have a good abbreviated week Sir :thumbsup:

WW nice picture :thumbsup: Crazy how they can get the apples down without choking Lol

h2l.....Beautiful!!!

I finally heard back from the guy with the spear house. He claims we will meet on Saturday, I just want to get done with it. I was thinking about heading to the shack and kicking off some hunting, but now I will have to hang around. As long as he comes through it is what it is.

Yesterday was yard work and working on my little shed. I ordered a roll up door to put on it but there are a few boards to replace before the door comes.I have no idea how old the stick built shed is as it was moved in long before we bought our house. It is still surprisingly square and doesn't leak so I will try to make it more appealing.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17264 on: Oct 15, 2019, 06:40 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope the deal will finally get done Saturday  :)

Eddie....congrats on the catch  :thumbsup:

H2L.....pretty view  :clap:  hope MrsH2L's appointment went well  :)

IW.....hope your M-I-L is doing well  :)

TT.....how is MrsTT doing  ???

Spent most of yesterday in the woods, back at it today  :flex:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17265 on: Oct 15, 2019, 07:12 AM »
WW nice pictures, don't over do it :nono:

Glad to see the hard hats:thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17266 on: Oct 15, 2019, 07:28 AM »
WS.....just trying to get all the logs out of the woods before we get the 1 - 2" of rain forecast for tomorrow night  ::) :o  :blink: :%$#!:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17267 on: Oct 15, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Will try this again. Yesterday’s post and this morning post went wherever they go. Took Mr Dickens for a walk yesterday. Went completely around the lake. My wife has today off so will be going for a walk again.

WallyWorld, Hope you don’t get the rain their talking about. Good to see your being safe.

Tom Turkey, How is your wife doing? Did they ever figure out the pain in her lower leg? Did you get the bathroom done? Thank you, My wife is very talented.

Hunts2long, Thats good your wife’s appointment went well. I checked out the Lund Tiller boat. Looks like a good all around boat. That is very nice of you to donate to the SA.

Whopper Stopper, It must have been good sleeping in your own bed. Hope you get the spear house incident resolved.

Mason Eddie, Thats good you managed to get out on the water.

Ice Wanderer, Do you have more leaves to pick up with the mower?

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17268 on: Oct 15, 2019, 11:01 AM »
 Good day,sunny but cooler today rain coming tomorrow afternoon getting into the upper thirties at night so first frost is coming  before to long.
Capt.Jim good to hear wife and family group got to Cabo safely may they have nice weather during their trip. How was the venison dinner.
Ice Wanderer mower with mulching feature is handy for leaf clean up when you have a large sized property. Hope your MIL did not have a set back. Best to Mealworm and you with today's project.
Whopper Stopper may everything come together with the spearing shack if the builder backs out of Saturday's meeting take action with Pay pal and your credit card to get your down payment refunded. Have fun upgrading the shed.
Wallyworld you and Mr.WW be careful playing lumberjacks how many trees/logs do you have to cut and move to storage area. Thanks for the photos. The local deer really seem to enjoy your apples.
Eddie glad you got a fishing trip in to bad your sons had to go out on an emergency job.
Hunts2long nice of your daughter and her BF to help with the yard work. Happy to read wife had a good doctors visit. Congratulations to your team and you for another good night at the bowling alley. Good you were able to watch the Yankee game. Thank you for the photo things look similar leaf wise down here in Orange County.
Tom Turkey may calm and drier weather be headed your way. Hope your wife's rehab is going well.
Icefisher-45 you and Mr.Dickens are getting plenty of exercises past few days enjoy the good weather while it stays in your area.

Have a safe and good Tuesday. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17269 on: Oct 15, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Good Evening, Folks

It looks like the rain is going to be excessive this go round-2 to 3 inches in places & winds could get up to 65-70 mph in places, me thinks it might be a little early to put the
     boat away yet

Clean - The venison steak for dinner was marinated in Worcestershire, done to rare side of med. rare, delicious, with smashed spuds & salad-1 done, 4 to go

W.S. - Hope he comes thru with the shack 

Mason - At least you caught fish, the time was well spent

Mrs. W.W. - Rain this way about lunchtime + or -, you should get the morning in with the wood

T.T. - Going to try vinegar with pickling spices on a piece soon

Have to be in A.C. early tomorrow, got a delivery of laminate flooring coming in for the Apt., not shore when, travel home in p.m. should be fun with flooded roads, oh boy

Be Safe-Stay Warm or Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Safe Travels-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17270 on: Oct 15, 2019, 09:40 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Not a bad day out today. Took Mr Dickens for a walk today. The  little boy next door had a 1/2 day of school and came over to see Mr Dickens. My wife and him and Mr Dickens had a picnic today. 

Captain Jim, Hopefully the rain passes you and you get your delivery of laminate flooring without any issues.

Hope everyone had a good day and had a good night. Looking at fishing rods. My wife says I need to get out. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17271 on: Oct 16, 2019, 02:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!    ;D
  38* here on the Hill, high of 59 today. Rain arriving later this afternoon and hanging into tomorrow, 2-3” or heavier expected here as well.

I-45...sounds like a real nice day yesterday, bet Mr.Dickens enjoyed that picnic as much as your wife and the little guy, awesome!  Thanks for sharing the pictures!   :clap:
  Capt.J...don’t forget your slicker this am!  ;D.  Fingers crossed the flooring delivery arrives before the first rain drops,
wishing you the best today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..yes, kind of stunk the boys got called in for work, but the money was good and the fish will be around yet for awhile...maybe we’ll get another trip in yet! 
  Wally...you’ve been busy logging...thought retirement meant taking it easy?   ;D. Thanks for sharing the pictures, hope the muscles aren’t too sore for you and Mr.WW this am!   :thumbsup:
   Marv...glad to read the guy got back to you, hope he comes through with the deal on Saturday!  Good luck with the shed repairs...pictures?   :thumbsup:
  H2...beautiful picture, the river should rise pretty good after this rain coming! Good news on your wife, excellent!  :clap:
  Jeff.. hope your project went well yesterday and all is well with your MIL.   :thumbsup:

My reels arrived yesterday, was like a little kid messing around with them yesterday, lol...can’t wait to try them out.
  Running behind this morning, will check in later to see how everyone is doing...Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17272 on: Oct 16, 2019, 04:51 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 41* and clear here on my hill, down the hill I heard it's 31*. ::)
                           Eddie........Sorry the fishing on Monday wasn't  better. :(  My project got put off till today, yesterday when I got home I spent
                  a couple  hours doing leaves. :flex:
                           Wally........Looks like you got a good jump on next years wood. :thumbsup: We still have a lot of leaves on our trees over this
                  way, it's strange how things are in the different areas of the state. :wacko:
                           Marv........I hop :unsure:e the guy come through with the spear house this weekend, it's too bad it messes your plans of hitting the shack. :%$#!:
                           I-45........My mother in law is doing fine, she's getting around fine with the walker but is suppose to be practicing to a cane. I think if
                  she had gone to a rehab facility they would be working with her everyday. :unsure: The weather has been good for walks in the park, tomorrow will
                  be a different story with the nor'easter coming. :cookoo:
                          H2L..........I don't get over your way that often, I forgot how much they drop the lake. ::)
                          Steve.......No set backs for the M I L she's just needs some help at this time which my wife is doing. :flex:
                          This morning MW is coming to do my project and has two more jobs to do on my road.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17273 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

40 degrees with a high today of around 48 with clouds and sprinkles.

Eddie good going with the reels :thumbsup: They are supposed to be very nice, can't wait for your review. I hadn't taken any pictures of the old shed but I will today and then when and if I ever get it done I will post for a compare.

IW do you have a leaf sucker or do you have to rake everything? My s-i-l has a sucker for her 40+ oak trees. I am lucky in that I bring it to my house once a year to get my leaves done.

45, nothing like a picnic, I bet the neighbor boy and Mr Dickens really had a good time :thumbsup:

Capt.Jim good luck, stay dry :thumbsup:

WW hope you got everything pulled out that you had planned on. May today be a fun one for you :thumbsup:

I have a few errands to run this morning and then I am going to work on the shed some more. I thought it would be easier than it's turning out to be due to broken and twisted boards. I need 15" of head room over the header for the roll up door. I need to raise some bracing to make room. I will need to replace some trim boards when the time comes and of course paint it.

I also picked up 2 more tree jobs yesterday that I wasn't figuring on. Both of the people stopped in and picked me up to show me their trees. So my plan is to work on the shed today, then do trees for a couple days, pick up the fish house, then go hunting and shoot an 8 point, then get back to finish the shed before ice fishing  :whistle: :roflmao:

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17274 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:34 AM »
32* and there is frost on the cars. Rain and wind in the forecast. That will bring down some leaves.
Eddie, you will enjoy those reels. They were the best seller at the bait shop.
Ice-45, you have had some very nice weather for your walks.
WS, good luck with the 8 point. Be safe in those trees.
IW, the lake goes up and down about 20' a year. Like changing the water in a "fish tank".
Yesterday we took stuff to SA, put some things in the shed for the winter, picked up my free MZ tag. Yes, it is that time of year again. Not sure if I will be getting out on Sat., wife's birthday, and she made an appt. to get Scout her shots. Having a birthday on the first day of hunting season, what is wrong with her????
WW, hope you got all your logging done before the rain. Be safe out there. Has the boat been put away yet?
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17275 on: Oct 16, 2019, 06:44 AM »
Another night with heavy rain, like we need it!!!! Might see the sun on Friday. Back to the 40's to start the day We were down to freezing yesterday but not the hard freeze we need to kill the skeeters. Their has been a number off people in the southern part of the state that have died from EEE.

The wife has been doing pretty good on her recovery to the point she is walking around in the house with out her walker. Her therapist is happy how things are coming along. What was a nasty looking scar is smoothing out nicely just like her doctor said it would as the sutures dissolve. If she could get rid of the persistent pain it would be better.

Marv I put a roll up door in the last shed I built. I loved it. I had no head room problem as the shed had a barn type roof on it so I had room for storage in the attic. They are heavy to put up so plan on having help. one thing I did was make an angled drop down out side of the door to keep the water out.

Drywall finishing in the bath room has been a challenge as the compound I bought for the other bath is good for patching but not good for normal dry walling as it is too soft and cuts out when running the corners. One more try and It should be ready to paint.

A friend had a logging company come in and take down some huge oak trees. This pace was developed back around 1970. The little oaks are now huge and dangerous.  he has a huge white oak that over hangs his garage with a bend in it like the root balls has given away at one time. They took down three oaks next to it that I am afraid will let the wind get to it more. If it goes down it will take out his whole garage. Setting a crane up to take it down is almost impossible due to the house and power lines. Sounds like a job for you.

H2L Do they do a draw down of the lake in the fall. There are three dams on the Muskegon river that they drawdown every winter to make room for the runoff  in the spring. With all of the rain we are having I am sure the gates on the dams are wide open right now. They would like to take all of the dams out to make the river be free flowing. I can only imagine the flooding with out them. They are all hydroelectric dams so that would be lost.

Capt  Vinegar and pickling spice does not sound good to me as I am not a fan of pickles unless the are sweet ones or the wife's to I die for sweet pickle relish. I never pay for high price beef steaks as I have found that chuck steak with good marbling can be just as tasty. I put Adolph's tenderizer on it for a few minutes then Worchester and garlic powder before it goes on the grill. if you let it marinate to long with the Adolph's it will leave a slimy feeling in your mouth like you get from steaks at Ponderosa. 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17276 on: Oct 16, 2019, 07:03 AM »
TT, they draw water most of the year. Between May and early Sept. about 2/3 inches a day. Depends on the rain we are getting. There is a hydro plant, plus in recent years they have made an agreement with a white water rafting business to time the water release. After Sept. they draw pretty hard getting ready for the Spring run offs. Again it depends on rain/snow that we are getting. The lake is 28,000+ acers, 20' a year is a lot of water....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17277 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Sun is out today. Will take Mr Dickens out for our daily walk. My wife is working today but has the next 2 days off unless someone calls in sick. Weather guessers are saying we are supposed to be getting heavy winds and torrential rain. I wish I had a job where I got paid even if I was wrong.

Tom Turkey, Thats good your wife is getting around without the walker and the incision is looking better. Mosquitoes have been bad this year. We’ve had a few cold nights so hopefully they are gone here.

Hunts2long, That is amazing your wife’s birthday is on the start of hunting season. Are you taking her somewhere special?

Whopper Stopper, Good luck with the roll up door. You do manage to keep yourself busy. That’s a good plan. Hopefully the 8 point buck read your plan.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good your mother in law is doing good. Sometimes people get better faster in their own homes. Hope you get your projects done today.
Mason Eddie, Hopefully you don’t get the rain their talking about. How is Angelo doing? Mr Dickens enjoys anything that includes food and belly rubs.

WallyWorld, How did the logging go? Did you get everything out that you needed to get out?

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17278 on: Oct 16, 2019, 10:24 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. Throwing the hail marry pass today. Does anyone live near long island; found a bit of gear that has me saying I want it.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17279 on: Oct 16, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Good day, overcast sky and light wind currently weather guessers say rain will move in this afternoon and last through tomorrow (2-3 inches) also stronger winds on Thursday. Probably be some flood warnings and watches.
Capt.Jim glad you enjoyed your first venison dinner. May you receive the flooring today and your commute home not be to bad. I assume most coastal towns/villages and cities in NJ have a storm water run-off system similar to Ocean City,NJ. where it drains/empties into the ocean can create flooding during heavy rainfall especially at periods of high tides.
Eddie may get out and use your new reels soon  looking forward to a report on them. I got concerned when you posted yours sons went out on an emergency job since they work in bridge construction.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your MIL is doing well agree sometimes it is better to spend some time in a rehab facility before going to your home. Good thing your wife is retired and can help her mom . May Mealworm get your project done today nice for him that he has two more jobs in your neighborhood.
Whopper Stopper hope your plan works out best to you with the shed and tree jobs. May you receive you spearing shack on Saturday.
Hunts2long so i don't forget Happy Birthday wishes sent to your wife. Guessing water withdrawals from GSL are less frequent and of smaller volume during  Winter months since ice fishing is permitted. NYC's water supply reservoirs in the Catskill mountains are closed to ice fishing because of water releases to tunnels which connect to reservoirs on east side of the Hudson River closer to the city. Best to you with the hunting. Ice Wanderer uses his riding mower to deal with the leaves has a mulching feature and bagging system.
Tom Turkey Happy to read your wife's rehab is progressing smoothly may her pain lessen with time. May the drywall compound not cause you any problems down the road.
Icefisher-45 I'm sure it made your young neighbor's day to spend some time with Mr.Dickens. Hopefully this Nor Easter will not cause major problems for all of us in the North East.
Wallyworld is your logging job completed so you and Mr.WW can get back to more enjoyable activities. Almost time for you to purchase supplies and start baking cookies for the fire dept.'s Halloween party.

Have a good day. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.