The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: St. Paul Ice Fishing Show  (Read 878 times)

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
St. Paul Ice Fishing Show
« on: Nov 01, 2019, 07:10 PM »
Got the ice fishing itch bad and wondered if it's with the drive (from the Milwaukee area) to go to the show. Has anyone been to the show in the past? Is it worth it? 4-1/2 hour drive one way. Thought I'd make it a day trip.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: St. Paul Ice Fishing Show
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2019, 08:12 AM »
I love the show. Last year it was packed on 2 floors. Lots of deals and all the big name companies with most of the smaller ones as well. Plus, i just liked the crowd itself. A huge bunch of normal "deplorables" enjoying simple life.
Veritas Odium Parit

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2019, 08:37 AM »

Deplorables LOL wish it was closer , we have crap for shows , I’m lucky I know a few reps to get to see some of the new stuff early

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Deplorables or not, I don't see how a 9 hour drive could be worth it. The gas and time would be far better spent getting out fishing and exploring more locally.  Or, take another day and explore MN a bit.  Especially the way it's going this year, early ice will be easy.   

Unless you have a big pile of new stuff you need.   

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2019, 10:21 AM »
For me it is less the new stuff than the camaraderie and the event itself. Lots of stuff.

One of the more interesting things to view (although I am not the least interested in purchasing one) is all the ice shanty mobile home camping trailers. Similar viewing of all the popups and flipovers that I will never buy. I can see some of this at Cabelas (oops...Bass Pro Shops), but it isn't the same as the show. Don't want or need one, but fun to see. Also get to see lots of stuff that I don't want at all.

Personally, I have made 9 hour drives for much less fun.
Veritas Odium Parit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.