The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 30 Fishermen Rescued  (Read 1470 times)

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
30 Fishermen Rescued
« on: Feb 27, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Please be careful out there and dress properly.  Jeans and loafers where were these people from?

https://www.wbay.com/content/news/30-ice-fishermen-rescued-from-ice-on-Green-Bay-506399331.html

Offline MichiganMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 30 Fishermen Rescued
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2019, 09:57 AM »
Not much of an excuse for jeans and loafers. However they were told by their guide service that transportation to and from the heated shack would be provided in enclosed heated UTVs.
It's more important to be nice, than it is nice to be important.

Offline VenomInjected

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2019, 12:17 PM »
You pay a guide to be your safe travel to and from the ice.

Most (all?)  the other guides operating that area canceled trips that day.

My personal opinion is the guide should be losing his captains license or a fine or at minimum be paying for said rescue.

off-record comment from said guide service is that its customers see the weather report too...  If I'm an out of towner or a customer period... its your  (the guide) job to provide safety from cracks, thin ice, weather, heat, shelter etc.

Poor safety protocol on the guide service is my opinion.  Gale warnings were being forecasted 48 hours prior to Sunday... so no excuse.  I won't mention said guide service/captain but at a minimum looks like social media calling him out will at least hit his pocketbook for future bookings as the DNR isn't fining him at the moment. 

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:16 PM »
I heard the guide had a similar incident a couple weeks ago that and had to be rescued. He also dropped the the back end of a truck through the ice about a month ago. Someone has gotten to big for his britches and $$$ is all he sees!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:20 PM »
Looks like the burden is on the taxpayer once again!
https://doorcountydailynews.com/news/426916

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2019, 02:30 PM »
I heard the guide had a similar incident a couple weeks ago that and had to be rescued. He also dropped the the back end of a truck through the ice about a month ago. Someone has gotten to big for his britches and $$$ is all he sees!

Please don't tell me it was Lonney?

*EDIT...it was. That dude damn near killed us out on the Bay 6-7 years ago when he was guiding for Brett.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2019, 04:36 PM »
Yes, it was Lonny!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.