Author Topic: Last weekend of the season  (Read 629 times)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Last weekend of the season
« on: Mar 29, 2024, 09:17 PM »
What's everyone got planned for the last kick at the can?  I'm headed to bittern tomorrow morning, then a full day of tipups on montreal Sunday.  Hoping for a nice variety of picture fish and freezer fish  ;D

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Last weekend of the season
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2024, 08:16 AM »
Back to Blackstrap for me. Mrs. Speck has placed an order for one last feed of fresh coconut perch. Good luck everyone!

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2024, 12:24 PM »
I went down to LML on Friday. There was considerable snow on the lake from the snowfall Thursday night and the winds were strong all day, but it was good to get out. Was able to have Burbot one last time for supper last night.  :tipup:

Offline bigk

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2024, 07:55 PM »
Friday, Saturday and a few hours this morning spent on Candle. Usually my last few days would have been the same as yours ran7ger but we had lots of family up. We managed a few walleye for a feed one night. The tip ups were the star of the weekend with 6 over 30” and 2 of them being 37” along with lots on the smaller side. Hope everyone had a successful weekend, enjoy the open water everyone!!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2024, 09:05 PM »
 Montreal was steady, nothing huge though.  Put in a good day on bittern today and caught so many snot rockets that I'm ready to call it a season.  I was one of only 3 trucks that I could see which I thought was odd.  Easter obligations  I guess, plus the wind was brutal.

Bring on April trout fishing in a t-shirt!

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2024, 10:39 PM »
The last outing was slow. Getting off lk diefenbaker was scary this afternoon. It seemed water level has surged as ice broke off shore.

Offline EVAN NIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2024, 06:48 PM »
That would be sketchy
Any photos, how did you manage to get off

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.