New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1338998 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #870 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:15 PM »
Really impressive video man!
You guys are going to turn me into a laker fisherman one of these years.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline NYJigger72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #871 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:20 PM »
Awesome vid

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #872 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Check out his other video " pressure Ridge Formin" imagine if you were within 10 yards of that!!!

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #873 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:34 PM »
Thanks, Its been a pretty decent year for numbers still trying to get a real good one on camera though.

Bird21s, As far as camera equipment goes I dont have to much invested.  All I use is a gopro hero 2 and a small samsung camcorder that shoots in HD.  Booth cameras cost about $200 each.  I use Adobe Premier Pro for editing which is a little over the top for videos like this but you can get some decent software for like $250.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #874 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:35 PM »
Check out his other video " pressure Ridge Formin" imagine if you were within 10 yards of that!!!

A whole group of us witnessed a huge one of those that seperated all of us from shore today off pilot knob

Offline ATRAIN44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #875 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:49 PM »
How much ice was there out from Pilot Knob today?
Women love me.....fish fear me!!!

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #876 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:56 PM »
A whole group of us witnessed a huge one of those that seperated all of us from shore today off pilot knob
So how did you get back to shore?  Did you have to walk around it or were you able to find a safe place to cross?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #877 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:59 PM »
you had to take a step over the ice was thick enough on either side of the crack but we felt it move and it was like we were drifting away from shore lol

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #878 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:09 PM »
It's the split that's always there.    Probally splits about 8-10 inches.       Is that about right eastern
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #879 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:17 PM »
yup and a big hole off to the right of the beach a ways?? i have no clue what happened but it was a good size hole. I thought the other day when you guys were racking them in you might be over near there  but it seemed slow today

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #880 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Really impressive video man!
You guys are going to turn me into a laker fisherman one of these years.
           The lake trout bite is insane this yr. it's almost like jigging perch. You should come out w/us & try it.
           That's an awesome video of catching those lakers, there sure are some nice 1's they iced. :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #881 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:27 PM »
It's the split that's always there.    Probally splits about 8-10 inches.       Is that about right eastern

where we were fishing we had to cross one on the way back in saturday .... it was about 6 inches wide

on sunday on the way out it had frozen over - i told the guys i was with to check it out and one good whack with the spud went right through .....    but i could stand on it and it held me (don't worry my other foot was about an inch above 8 inches of solid black ice  :o) but those are the areas you don't see under two inches of fresh snow

i had to cross about 5 or six cracks on the way out ..... all were frozen over solid but you never know so always use your spud
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline ChefMcG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #882 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Fished Hearthstone today. No Flags...few fish on flasher...no bites....didn't see anyone in the area putting fish on the ice :(
The separation is in the preparation!

Offline kcw989

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #883 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:35 PM »
           The lake trout bite is insane this yr. it's almost like jigging perch. You should come out w/us & try it.
           That's an awesome video of catching those lakers, there sure are some nice 1's they iced. :thumbsup: :clap:

Where is everyone catching lakers, I dont want any secret spots or to disrespect anyone. I just want to head in the right direction like maybe a bay or something. I tried tea island today (only 1 laker), I fished for lakers a little bit at huddle bay(no lakers) and tried sawmill bay(1 Laker). I dont know where else to try.

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #884 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:38 PM »
get a map from fish307 and fish the breaks and any structure you can find 50-80 fow

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #885 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Awesome video fishn freak.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #886 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:45 PM »
get a map from fish307 and fish the breaks and any structure you can find 50-80 fow

^^^^^^^^^
      THIS !

Offline Santo180

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #887 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:50 PM »
heres a short video of some laker action on the King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGriZ4xeU14

I just spent like 16 hours on the ice this weekend jigging lakers and after watching that video I am super antsy to get out again.  lol

Offline Moonshine mike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bulldog!!! Got 1
« Reply #888 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Four of us perch fished on Saturday.  All limited out. Great day.  It's on!

JJ

« Reply #889 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:46 PM »
Hi everyone! I was lucky to be there on Saturday. What a day - ice fishing can`t be better than that imho...friends, scenery, ice, weather and fish! Our numbers were way more modest but the fun was as great. I`m not very experienced with jigging for them lakers, used flasher for the first time ;D and man, it makes difference. It was cool just to see how they rise to the lure and follow it for like 10 feet. Had many chasers, maybe 5-6 fish in 15 minutes at some time but it was crazy difficult to make them hit it. I definitely learned something new. Special thanks to Captain JJ, especially from kids, for all his care, knowledge and assistance!  ;)I`ll try to post some pics later..

Mike-glad you and your team did THIS well. Congratulations!

Thanks so much Andrey, just we wish had more fish in that area for you guys to "play with" and learn some more; at least we had some action. The kids had no problem keeping occupied, glad they had fun, I know they liked the sled rides. ;D Nice pictures, too.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #890 on: Feb 19, 2013, 03:40 AM »
awsome video what a blast.tc5

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #891 on: Feb 19, 2013, 06:30 AM »
Hoping to get out from Veterans Park Saturday first time to the King in 2 years. any word of the perch bite around there? Any information would be awesome
!!FLAG!!

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #892 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Hoping to get out from Veterans Park Saturday first time to the King in 2 years. any word of the perch bite around there? Any information would be awesome

Sent you a pm^

I'm new to the board but looking forward to contributing.  I'm also somewhat new to the area and lake trout fishing.  I went out 3 times with tip ups off mdb and got a few flags but no fish.  I've really been wanting to get into jigging but havent had any luck.  If anyone is heading out this weekend and wouldn't mind showing a noob the ropes I would greatly appreciate it.  Or if any other lake trout newbies want to join up and struggle together, that works too lol.

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #893 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:25 AM »
How is parking @ hearthstone, do you drive right into the campground? Taking my son Friday not sure if Schroon or LG?

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #894 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Hearthstone has been clear most of the season, except right after a snowfall, and you can drive to the parking lot on the bottom of the hill, right at the shoreline.

Offline ATRAIN44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #895 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:51 AM »
How much ice being cut out around Pilot Knob and Fort Ann Beach?  Looking to go out Thursday and Friday with some family (including some kids).  Want to make sure there is 5-6 inches.  I know there are some pressure ridges, but in general is the ice safe?
Women love me.....fish fear me!!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #896 on: Feb 19, 2013, 09:33 AM »
The last three days of Lake Trout fishing for us were fantastic.

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #897 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to park at the end of Dunham bay where it goes out to the main lake? I am looking to fish the main lake between Dunham and Dark bay.  The problem is that the bridge is melted out where you could walk all the way out to the end of Dunham.  I actually want to take my Quad from somewhere.  Any info would be helpful, you can PM me if you want.  Thanks!

Offline BOCHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #898 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:43 AM »
That video is awesome. Really cool. Great fish. I think you need bigger holes ;D.....

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #899 on: Feb 19, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to park at the end of Dunham bay where it goes out to the main lake? I am looking to fish the main lake between Dunham and Dark bay.  The problem is that the bridge is melted out where you could walk all the way out to the end of Dunham.  I actually want to take my Quad from somewhere.  Any info would be helpful, you can PM me if you want.  Thanks!
A couple pages back there were a bunch of posts about the safety there. As a local I say to proceed with great caution if you hit Dunham's bay. I wouldn't dream of riding a quad around Dunham's at all.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.