Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1617510 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18960 on: Mar 17, 2020, 10:25 PM »
Good evening some rain this morning but otherwise a nice day. Hope everyone enjoyed their corned beef today. Here in NY. public schools closed until March 30TH by order of the Governor . My county has set up a Corona virus hotline and is asking people to call it or their doctor and 911 only if true emergency . I visited my local Dick's sporting goods hoping to pick up some dehydrated meals all sold out.
IFF good you got out fishing with a former coworker. Sorry to hear the new medication made you sick.
Eddie believe a couple politicians have the virus so others due not want to be at the capitol I now there is a movement to pass the budget and some other things related to the virus. any word if they will shut down your work.
Ice Wanderer thankfully your sons have you to watch their children . May you get your laptop back before weeks end.
Whopper Stopper good that some neighbors stopped by and kept the home owner busy while you took down the tree. Glad your wife is able to work from home.
drifter sorry you will have to delay seeing your dad and cleaning out his home. Just a suggestion might want to get some type of security system for the house and have some of his friends check on the house weekly vacate homes attract thieves. Nice you can do your job from the cabin .
Wallyworld congratulations on the fish did you keep any for future meals.
Hunts2long believe higher elevations of the Catskills also saw some snow. Congratulations to your team and you on a good night at the bowling alley.
OldSailor hope you get to fish with your daughter in May. If any of your local supermarkets have on-line shopping and home delivery might be something to consider at this time . may the two of you avoid the virus.
Icefisher-45 ditto your comment on first responders. may you only have a cold.

Besides the schools all restaurants and bars are closed except for take out service. I see MSG network is broadcasting tapes of hockey games that were played earlier this season.
Stay informed we will get through this time.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18961 on: Mar 18, 2020, 02:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 30*, upper 40’s for a high today.  Happy be-lated St.Patricks Day! 

Steve...haven’t heard anything yet about us getting shut down. Believe our work falls under the maintenance category, so we may be ok for a little while yet. I know many of the guys have been contacting other contractors for a backup plan.
  I-45...hope you feel better soon, keep a good eye on that cold.   :thumbsup:
  Wally... congratulations on another excellent trip! Everything seems to be falling into place this season with the new boat...best of luck with today’s fishing therapy!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave...will be looking forward to your posts from the cabin soon.... :thumbsup:
  H2...congratulations to you and the team, way to finish strong!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv/Jeff...posting from the phone sucks for me as well....hopefully you both get some computer time soon. Marv, that’s good news your wife will be home working.   :thumbsup:

Seeing less and less people each day now at the work place, certain many are doing the same thing and working from home. Wish that was an option for us as well....especially working in an environment that has seen tens of thousands of people from all over the state, country, world.
  We’re back on the benches again today outside, so that’s a plus anyway!    ;D   Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18962 on: Mar 18, 2020, 05:21 AM »
Morning all,

Once again heading to the great outdoors  :thumbsup: ;)2

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay healthy and be safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18963 on: Mar 18, 2020, 05:43 AM »
F=45 So far so good, taking half a pill, to make 4 doses instead of 3 daily seems to be doing the trick.  See New Mexico has closed their State parks for a while.  Here locally some chain of ponds, a favorite fishing venue have locked their gates and notices of the temporary closures

Mrs still batting her cough/cold, little concerned as she is now coughing/and snorting blood.  Now spacing out those treatments will just have to see what develops.

Another stay home day for me, Don't remember if I mentioned the store hours have now been shortened from 9-9 to 10-6

take care all. time to let the rest of the dark spell pass.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18964 on: Mar 18, 2020, 06:33 AM »
28* and clear.
Dinner was very good last night. Guy that does the inspection didn't call be back with a time so will have to call him today.
WW, you are living the dream. There won't be any boat fishing here until walleye season opens. They locked the gate at the launch on Monday and won't be un-locked until middle of April.

I heard on the news last night that Price Chopper is going to open from 6am to 7am for "older" shoppers. The "young" ones get the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is feeling well, getting better and laying low for awhile.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18965 on: Mar 18, 2020, 06:53 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Drab morning with rain, wind and snow starting tonight.

Both the girls have taken over the house working from home. Being one is up and one is down at least I have the garage  ;D

WW best of luck to you two! Will be anticipating a bunch of pictures  ;D

Hope everyone is making the most of things. Stay safe.

WS

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18966 on: Mar 18, 2020, 08:39 AM »
Hi all, Hope everyone and their spouses that are feeling ill start to make the mend. No virus in this house. That we know of. The crazies are still out there. Buying whatever they can get their hands on. No worries here as we buy in bulk and our stock pile of food and necessities is large. Walked a package of toilet paper over to the neighbors yesterday as they were out. We did go out and buy 200lbs of dog food. There was plenty of that on the shelves. My much better halfs work at the jail is still going strong. But my work has come to a complete stand still. We had work booked two months out. All cancelled. I get it. But still a bummer. All state parks are closed, as are restaurants and bars. They still are able to do deliveries and curb side pick up. But for how long. Before they just turn off the lights? A couple of my truck driving buddies are going 24/7 right now. Strange how quite it is in the neighborhood with all the kids out of school. Definitely not the norm. Well here is to better days. Take care everyone.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18967 on: Mar 18, 2020, 03:54 PM »
Mr C No need to worry as he moved from this very expensive retirement home.
His stuff isn't going anywhere. ;)

To this less expensive long term care facility.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18968 on: Mar 18, 2020, 07:56 PM »
What a joke, got the Census, and found it would not allow an edit. 

well not my problem.

bracing for another winter blast.  Could do without the high winds though.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18969 on: Mar 18, 2020, 10:20 PM »
Good evening nice day here tomorrow rain moves in and temperature will drop. I see the U.S. federal government has a few bills in the works to help the nation get through the virus pandemic. Also NY. Governor wants only fifty percent of an employer's work force on site during business hours.
Eddie hopefully no one decides to delay your maintenance work because the money is now needed to help fight the virus.
Wallyworld with all that is going on any plans to preserve some of the fish you catch for longer term food storage.
IFF happy to read slight change to your medication dosage has stopped the side effects. If needed get your wife to her doctor or hospital sounds like things are getting serious.
Hunts2long may your wife's car have passed inspection. The Dollar General chain is doing something similar for the elderly.
whopper Stopper from your posts i know you have a very good relationship with your SIl. Just curious why she will be working from your home assuming it may have something to do with computer service.
UFCreel sorry to hear your work has stopped with the virus. Glad you and the family are good.
Drifter good to read your father's belonging will be safe one less thing for you to worry about at this time.
Ice Wanderer guess you are still waiting on your laptop.

My local school district is distributing Google Chrome books to students to use will classes will be taught on-line. Also getting Verizon involved to set up WI-FI hot spots.
May everyone stay virus free.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18970 on: Mar 19, 2020, 01:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A wet day ahead, 35* and raining, high of 43

The reality of this Coronavirus hit hard yesterday.
  Received word a person at the nursing home my Mom is at tested positive for the virus and was taken out of the facility to a hospital. Needless to say, had a long sleepless evening.
  Will keep you posted....kind of at a loss for words this morning....stay safe everyone!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18971 on: Mar 19, 2020, 06:31 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.......I am so very sorry to hear that  :(   My thoughts and prayers are with your Mom, the other residents at her facility and of course with you and your family.

IFF.....thoughts and prayers to you and MrsIFF also, hoping she turns the corner on her illness soon  :-\

Stay safe and stay healthy everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18972 on: Mar 19, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Damn Eddie that sucks. :'(.
Hope every one is OK there.

I'm stuck at work still as I have been branded essential.  >:(
Should be safe at home next week if upper management can get their poop together and tell us what they need and we can set it up.
The joy of IT!!!!  ::)

Got enough food and drink to last me 2 months or more of isolation.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18973 on: Mar 19, 2020, 09:48 PM »
Well we got the blast alright, foot of extremely wet/heavy snow. Blower really struggled trying to blow it.

See someone got stuck in from of my pickup, making the turn onto my street slid sideways according to the tracks, and had to shovel their way out now I have a 4 foot pile in from of mine.

Got the news that the nets for collecting walleye eggs,  never got put out.  And down in Pueblo Reservoir they stopped after one day,  and only got about 1.2 million eggs.  Leaving the operation for all sources way short of the 120 Million as usual.  Bottom line then, is in 4=5 years there maybe,  be no Walleyes in my home lake.  Not what I wanted to hear.

See its now posted Store hours are now 10-6.

WW thanks hope we can both turn the corner.

Eddie, X2 what Dave said.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18974 on: Mar 19, 2020, 09:53 PM »
Good evening ,hope everyone had a nice day.
Eddie sorry to hear someone at your Mom's facility had contracted the Corona virus hopefully the fast action of the facility results in no new positive cases. You know all of us regular 9:45 posters will be praying for your mom, you and family.
Wallyworld guess the two of you took a break from fishing today.
Drifter may your bosses get things figured out so you can work from home or the cabin.
Whopper Stopper assume you will be posting around the girls work schedules or be using your phone to post.
IFF may the wife be doing better today. Also hope your leg is almost healed. see you posted while I type sorry to read about the snow. believe this virus will be showing effects in all parts of our lives for years into the future.
Ice Wanderer any word on your laptop yet. Do you have plans in place for an extended round of babysitting the grandchildren or can your sons and DIL's work from home.
Icefisher-45 may you and the wife be doing good . taking any short rides in the Jeep to see some different sites .

Have a good night folks.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18975 on: Mar 20, 2020, 01:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light rain and 40*, warming up to low 70’s today.

Thank You all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers....they are very much appreciated.  :thumbsup:
  From the information we received, the resident was in a somewhat isolated area being treated for other complications away from the other residents in the facility. The response was done quickly and all precautions taken. So far, no new cases reported.

Bud...my thoughts and prayers sent to your wife, hope she is feeling better today Sir. 

Most all of the departments at the workplace are shut down, but they have allowed our crew to continue on...at least for the time being. It’s like a ghost town.
  4am start again today, will check in at break to see how everyone is doing!  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18976 on: Mar 20, 2020, 06:12 AM »
Good morning Eddie, ER's,
            It's 40*  and cloudy with rain later today.
            Eddie........I wish your mother well having  someone so close with  vivid 19. I'm surprised  that the governor hasn't  shut all work down. Our local highway dept. workers are off for 2 weeks with pay.
            Dave...........The new facility that your farther is in looks nice.
            Bud...........i hope you wife is feeling better.
            Steve........I talked to the computer geek the other day and he is having some difficulties in fixing my laptop. He thinks it will be done by Saturday. He said the cost should be under $200 to fix.
            Wally........It doesn't look good for any boat trips today and next week, but the weekend doesn't look nad.
            Marv........I hope the girls can get some computer time, try when they take breaks.
            I heard that there is a covid19 case in our county but they won't say wha
t town. It would be nice to know. I'm laying low.
           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at  work or dodging the virus

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18977 on: Mar 20, 2020, 06:27 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....ugh, that's a LOT of snow :%$#!:  keeping my fingers crossed our walleye hatchery gets their nets out in the next week or so, it would be sad to see fishing opportunities reduced due to no eggs being taken  :(

Eddie....glad to hear your Mom's facility was quick to respond  :thumbsup:  imagine the work place is eerily quiet these days  :blink:  fingers crossed your hours don't get cut

MrC.....we've let all the fish go to fight another day or be caught by someone in need of food for their table  :-\  hope you, your sister, b-i-l and nephew are all weathering this storm safely

CapJ....fingers crossed you and yours are also doing ok and staying safe  ;)

WS.....how's the "office" doing  ???  are you the offical office manager/lunch counter/gopher  ???  :roflmao:

IF45....hoping you and Mrs45 are doing ok, have you shaken the cold yet  ???

IW.....I would guess the computer repair is slower than normal due to cutbacks at the shop  ???  good you're able to help out with child care  :clap:

H2L.....keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers also, fingers crossed you aren't going stir crazy  :wacko:

OS.....all good at the OS homestead  ???

TT.....thinking of you and MrsTT also  ;)

We managed to go 4/4 Wednesday, the biggest brown was 24"  :flex:  We need the wind to settle down now to get back out there  ::)  Not much else happening around here, just keeping busy around the house  ;)

Have a good day whatever's going on. Stay healthy and stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18978 on: Mar 20, 2020, 06:37 AM »
40* and light rain.
Eddie, thoughts and prayers for your Mom and you and your family.

Drifter, they must have missed you while you were sick, you are now "essential".

IFF, you keep that snow out there. Too bad about the walleye issue. The lake I am on has no stocking, to speak of, so there are missing year classes based on spawning conditions from year to year. I wish the state would stock once in awhile.

Yesterday morning I took the Jeep in for an oil change and tire rotation. Then stopped at Price Shopper. I was very surprised on how few people were in the store. They were out of paper products, pasta, and most of the bread was gone. Did see one person with close to 80 bags of a single item in her cart. I don't want to start a "run" on the item so won't say what it was but to be on the safe side I got a bag of it, just in case....lol The wife had it on the list anyway.
Paid $2.29 for gas yesterday at Cumber Farms, it is $2.49 up here in the hills. Couldn't get the wife's CRV inspected the other day, they were waiting for more stickers to come in.

Hope everyone stays well and have a good day...h2l

WW, 4/4 isn't bad, at least you are getting on the water. I take it the boat is performing well.

IW, this laying low could get old in a hurry. Waiting for things to dry up outside, then I will have a few things to do.
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18979 on: Mar 20, 2020, 06:55 AM »
H2L.....yep the boat's doing great  :thumbsup: :clap:  now if I can get the hang of the remote steering on the kicker motor maybe we'll stop getting  hung up on bottom  ::)  :blink:  :%$#!:  :roflmao:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18980 on: Mar 20, 2020, 07:12 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

22 degrees with a howling wind that gusts to 40mph.

Everything here is about as everyone else has it. There have been 3-4 cases of the virus in our county but so far no one I personally know has gotten it.

Eddie as everyone else has said, prayers for your Mom.

WW all is well at the Office :roflmao: My wife misses her computer at her work, mostly the screen size. She said she has noticed a lot more eye strain using mine, which she doesn't need. With what she is working on (ledgers) she needs to shrink stuff down so she can have 3 things up on the screen at once and that's causing a problem. The s-i-l has 2 monitors upstairs but my computer is too old for her set up.  Congratulations on the fishing :thumbsup:

mr.clean we have high speed internet here and the s-i-l doesn't. In her area the price of it is absolutely crazy so that's why she is trying to use ours which is working out.

Time for me to get off and out of the way  ;D

Hope you can all make the most of your day as possible :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18981 on: Mar 20, 2020, 09:53 AM »
Good  Morning again :bow:

As I was puttering in the garage I came across this. I may have to grab a beer and watch a couple races ;D Start it at 1:25 to save some time.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18982 on: Mar 20, 2020, 10:13 AM »
Well the hand writing on the wall is I will not be full time in fishing department, and slated for 22 hrs. in Customer service, explains why some computer tasks don't let me sign on.  Cashiers don't have access.

Filled up my gas cans,and pickup at $1.75

Buckle up going to be a ruff ride from here on out I suspect.

Take care all.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18983 on: Mar 20, 2020, 05:53 PM »
Good evening everyone!

All is well in the back yard.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18984 on: Mar 21, 2020, 12:02 AM »
Marv, what no snow in the back yard ?

Just buzzed throw the "Got Toilet Paper" thread, Still LMAO at some of the comments.  And I still think I am better off that a bunch out there.  I still have wash cloths. ;D

And now wondering what else a bunch of fishermen will do with so much time on their hands if the open water doesn't get here soon for those in the ice belt.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18985 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:40 AM »
30* this morning. Got into mid 60's yesterday.

Wife's car passed inspection. It did get windy last night. Power was off from 8pm until about 1:30am this morning. I guess my nephew has about 700 gallons of sap to boil off today. The local big sugarbush has gone over the 1400 gallon mark for syrup this year. Everyone is saying the sugar content is down this year so it takes more sap to produce a gallon of syrup.

WS, I did see 4/5 turkey's yesterday. First I have seen in a while. I think most of the deer have started moving back into the hills. Not seeing many.

The warm temps yesterday along with some rain North of here has the river running a little higher this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18986 on: Mar 21, 2020, 07:57 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....glad MrsH2's car passed inspection and your power wasn't out too long  :thumbsup:  noticed a few streams/creeks were running pretty high yesterday, more rain/snow on the way next week  :-\

IFF.....sorry to hear you'll be stuck on registers  ::)  seems strange the bosses wouldn't want to take advantage of your experience and let the "newbies" handle cashing people out  :blink:

WS.....thanks for sharing the videos  :bow:  my thought is as long as the critters are still around and the birds are still singing, the world isn't quite ready to implode yet  ;)

Eddie.....hope all is well with your Mom  :)

Since NYS is on lockdown now not much planned for today, need to go pick up some bird seed that's about it  :-\ 

Have a good day whatever you find yourselves doing  ;)  Stay healthy and stay safe.

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18987 on: Mar 21, 2020, 08:42 AM »
Not much going on here. We are sticking close to home. We did go to town to pick up a few things yesterday.

I do not know if I posted that a retired State Trooper friend passed away last week. I have been friends with him since he was the commander of our local post. He spent almost 30 years as a trooper. When he retired he worked as a master electrician until he was 82. I spent two weeks working on his sons dental office half way across the state.

I saw that our local barber passed away. He cut hair for 53 years. 15 hours after he passed his mother in law passed away at 100. She made my graduation cake in 1961.

I just saw that another trooper friend has passed away.

Most of the funeral's have been postponed until the virus passes.

WW It is good to see that you have found some fish. I need to get the toon in the water and see if I can find some fresh fish to eat.

IFF I did the paper copy of the censes. It only took a couple of minutes. Years ago we were about to have to have our car emissions checked because of the pollution in the air. The funny part with that was the pollution along the Lake Michigan shoreline was coming from Ill and Wis.

Eddie I think they need to build a wall around NY City with all of the cases of the virus there. No one in or out.

Dom They finally found the body of the girl that got washed off of the pier New Years Eve. There is still one body missing. That guy fell off of an ice berg into Lake Michigan.

marv You are to young to have a carried a bag of marbles in your pocket so you could shoot marbles at recess and lunch. I am to dang old to  remember how it went. Even mumbley peg, throwing knifes was fun back then. Having a knife at school now would get you kicked out of school.

My grandson went to my property with his fiancé to do some shooting yesterday. He told me that she has a carry permit which was surprising to me. Her dad had her get it when she moved from TC to GR. He bought her a side arm and a long gun. Hopefully their wedding can go on as planned the 20th of June.

Amway just made a bunch of hand sanitizer out of ingredients they had on hand. It went to two hospitals with no charge. I was talking to my DIL about it. She said she hopes the share it with the other hospitals when the make another batch. She works at another one of the big hospitals that could use some. She was able to get some sanitizer for her office from Staples. She has it locked away so it does not disappear.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18988 on: Mar 21, 2020, 10:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, it’s been a tough few days. I’m still sick and the Dr says to just ride it out. I don’t have enough symptoms to be tested for the Coronavirus. My wife got her results back from her nuclear stress test. Turns out she has a blockage but the Dr says it’s not bad enough to do a catherization. She’ll see her in another month. Says that may be why my wife may be tired all the time.

Tom Turkey, My condolences to you on your friends passing. Hopefully you can get the toon in the water soon and catch some fish.

Mason Eddie, Prayers for you and your family. Sounds like they got that person out of the facility quickly.

WallyWorld, Do you have many birds? We have a chipmunk who likes the bird feed. He lies down on the rails and eats the food. Birds around here seem fussy. Congratulations on catching all the fish. With the lockdown will you be able to go out on the boat?

Hunts2long, Thats good news your wife’s car passed inspection. What type of Jeep do you have? Your nephew is certainly busy boiling sap.

IFF, I hope your wife is feeling better. How is your leg doing? Continuing to pray for you both. You would think with all your experience they would keep you in the fishing and hunting section. Not use you as a cashier.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing those videos.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water. God Blesd

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #18989 on: Mar 21, 2020, 11:42 AM »
Good evening everyone!

All is well in the back yard.

WS

I apologize for butting in here.....Love the turkey vids.....Is one of the turkeys in the 1st vid walking around with an arrow lodged in it ?? Thanks !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.