Author Topic: Yesterday's weather  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Sic fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Yesterday's weather
« on: Feb 02, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Did yesterday and last nights warmer temps affect the ice much? Not sure how much one day of 40s would affect the existing ice...was on a pond wed with 5 inches ...I wonder how much it lost...Also wonder how Gorton pond is...it was 75% ice on wed...looked locked to shore in most areas

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • gimme back that fillet o fish
Re: Yesterday's weather
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:40 PM »
open water up to gazebo.  behind police station was still locked up. be very careful
Chepi

Offline Sic fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Thanks for info....that's about how it looked on Wednesday hopefully she will look good tomorrow. ..was planning on fishing more towards the boat ramp anyway around 12 ft deep

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish like it's your first cast !
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Did yesterday and last nights warmer temps affect the ice much? Not sure how much one day of 40s would affect the existing ice...was on a pond wed with 5 inches ...I wonder how much it lost...Also wonder how Gorton pond is...it was 75% ice on wed...looked locked to shore in most areas

I fished there last week. The cops wanted us off. The entire pond was locked up but i guess the neighbors diddnt want anyone on it and kept calling . I walked over and spoke to them. Pretty much made it clear it was our responsibility . no worries have a good day sir. Ended up with bass and allot of perch nothing special.

Offline Sic fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2018, 05:58 PM »
Place was gnarly today edges were thawed went on near police station. ..5+inches and making tons of noise but I left it was still real sketchy

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish like it's your first cast !
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2018, 06:12 AM »
I fished it twice this year ,it was ok. Years ago when the herring were running strong we caught absolute giant bass consistantly. FF

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.