Author Topic: Meredith Bay  (Read 1081 times)

Offline FSH4FN

• Team IceShanty Regular
Meredith Bay
« on: Jan 31, 2017, 06:40 PM »
Planning a trip this weekend (Saturday) to Meredith Bay. Has anyone been fishing the bay, how's the bite been? Ice conditions?

I'm thinking about targeting multiple species and taking off from the docks in the middle of town.

Any advice and input is much appreciated!

BrookieSlayer99

Re: Meredith Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:00 PM »
The bite has slowed considerably since the beginning of the season... Still some dink perch around though. Go out to the meredith marina in 45fow and you can find lakers if you look hard enough  ;)

Offline FSH4FN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:14 PM »
The bite has slowed considerably since the beginning of the season... Still some dink perch around though. Go out to the meredith marina in 45fow and you can find lakers if you look hard enough  ;)

Thanks for the input! Lakers, perch, really anything I can take home and cook up is alright for me! Going to be with a group of people, might try and watch some hockey while we're there too!

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:16 PM »
Pond hockey tournament this weekend. You'll have to fight the crowds. Be a shi... Show in the bay with all the hockey players. Plus good luck finding parking
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:34 AM »
Good luck finding fish with all that commotion.

Offline FSH4FN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2017, 07:53 AM »
We have parking arrangements so not really concerned about that. The commotion on the ice would be an issue but I think we're going to head away from the docks and further into the bay itself. Hopefully that pays off. If nothing else we'll pack it in early and watch some hockey games.

Offline nhbooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:36 AM »
There was a small area of open water out further in the bay away from shore.  Solid ice all around it.  Be very careful and check the ice often.  It wasn't a very big area but last weekend I could see waves of water from the wind.  I was a ways from it but it looked to be about 100 yards long or so. Its away from the shoreline so I know it wasn't an aquatherm or anything.  I've never seen that area open up before.  We just got 2 inches of snow so it may not be exposed now.  If your headed further out in the bay just check often.  The open area was towards grouse point side but hard to say exactly as I was on the total opposite side. 

Good luck.

Offline FSH4FN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2017, 01:39 PM »
There was a small area of open water out further in the bay away from shore.  Solid ice all around it.  Be very careful and check the ice often.  It wasn't a very big area but last weekend I could see waves of water from the wind.  I was a ways from it but it looked to be about 100 yards long or so. Its away from the shoreline so I know it wasn't an aquatherm or anything.  I've never seen that area open up before.  We just got 2 inches of snow so it may not be exposed now.  If your headed further out in the bay just check often.  The open area was towards grouse point side but hard to say exactly as I was on the total opposite side. 

Good luck.

Thank you for the heads up! I do like our upcoming weather/temps the next few days. Should really strengthen and add to the amount of ice we have already. I'll be sure to check as we go.

Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.