Author Topic: ARTIC ARMOR.. SAVED MY LIFE 1/15/2011  (Read 15981 times)

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: ARTIC ARMOR.. SAVED MY LIFE 1/15/2011
« Reply #120 on: Feb 04, 2011, 11:08 AM »
I work at Sports Authority and I can tell you NO ONE spends more $$$$ on marketing and advertising than Under Armor. I like the stuff, I get a discount, so I buy it. I also must've succumed to the "advertising" that Arctic Armor does. Instead of being a "Grumpy Old Man" and, "I'm having a bad day so I'm gonna blast these guys in my post and talk about how stupid they are for spending money on a product that could save their lives AND is very warm and lightweight. Gosh they're stupid... I wish I had one... Gosh they're stupid... HONEY can I buy this Arctic Armor suit?!" Really dudes? Really? Go waste someone else's time.

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #121 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:29 AM »
if you dont like them or dont want one you shouldnt post!
why wouldn't you want somebody to post even though they were negative on a product ???? Isn't that one of the reasons we frequent this site ,To offer our opinions both good & bad..... I too was wanting an Arctic Armor suit & it took a couple years before the money became avaible . My wife bought me a Arctic Armor plus this Xmas & I was So excited !!!! My excitement was dulled when the very first time I slipped the bibs on & the stitching ripped in the criss cross section of the suspenders... The third time wearing the suit I reached in my lower jacket pocket with a bare hand for my hanky & heard it rip !!!! THe edge of the pocket where it's sewn to the jacked stitching ripped and the jacket has about an 1/2'' tear !!! I was dumb founded & knew It shouldn't have ripped because I didn't put undue pressure on the pocket... I take very good care of my garmets & have coats that are probably 20 yrs old and still un altered. Anyway, I called their  customer service & talked with a representitive & then the VP of operations .... I was yelled at, Laughed at & treated disrespective in my opinion & because of that phone call will NEVER but another one of their products.... See my post in another Arctic Armor section .......They told me they Never had a complaint on their suits & that doesn't appear to be true according to other posts.... I didn't post this because I am jealous or can't afford one Because I do have the most expensive one & thought guys might want to hear my input on my particle suit & what is in my opinion an inferior product with less than durable stitching. Just my opinion...I have to say that as the VP of operations threatened me with his legal dept if I posted a negative !!! 

Offline Icer™

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Mar 20, 2011, 07:44 AM »
why wouldn't you want somebody to post even though they were negative on a product ???? Isn't that one of the reasons we frequent this site ,To offer our opinions both good & bad..... I too was wanting an Arctic Armor suit & it took a couple years before the money became avaible . My wife bought me a Arctic Armor plus this Xmas & I was So excited !!!! My excitement was dulled when the very first time I slipped the bibs on & the stitching ripped in the criss cross section of the suspenders... The third time wearing the suit I reached in my lower jacket pocket with a bare hand for my hanky & heard it rip !!!! THe edge of the pocket where it's sewn to the jacked stitching ripped and the jacket has about an 1/2'' tear !!! I was dumb founded & knew It shouldn't have ripped because I didn't put undue pressure on the pocket... I take very good care of my garmets & have coats that are probably 20 yrs old and still un altered. Anyway, I called their  customer service & talked with a representitive & then the VP of operations .... I was yelled at, Laughed at & treated disrespective in my opinion & because of that phone call will NEVER but another one of their products.... See my post in another Arctic Armor section .......They told me they Never had a complaint on their suits & that doesn't appear to be true according to other posts.... I didn't post this because I am jealous or can't afford one Because I do have the most expensive one & thought guys might want to hear my input on my particle suit & what is in my opinion an inferior product with less than durable stitching. Just my opinion...I have to say that as the VP of operations threatened me with his legal dept if I posted a negative !!! 

Had a similar issue with the bib but the retailer replaced it with no issue (but I ate the shipping). I also contacted the manufacturer and was not impressed with the lack of interest or service from them.

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #123 on: Mar 20, 2011, 11:11 PM »
Had a similar issue with the bib but the retailer replaced it with no issue (but I ate the shipping). I also contacted the manufacturer and was not impressed with the lack of interest or service from them.
Icer, Thanks for posting your problem and steps taken to resolve them..... I believe that posts like this will force companies to make quality control a priority & might make them treat customers with the respect we deserve. Thanks Icer

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #124 on: Mar 26, 2011, 08:00 PM »
I pan fish commercially almost every day in Vermont and always wore a Cabelas expedition goose down coat and gore-tex thinsulite bibs. In early ice and late ice I wore a PFD just in case. We plank or boat on to the ice at late ice when the fish bite best. Seeing the AA suit at Gander Mt got me thinking and I decided to buy one in Green and black the plus model. I was apprehensive about the warmth due to the light weight of the suit as compared to my down. I decided to give it a try and it is warmer than the down coat and bibs. I always wore green wool pants under the old bibs and no way could I stand the heat if I wore that with the AA. I fish many days well below zero and just wear a light weight pair of long johns under the bibs and an insulated vest and lined flannel shirt under the coat. I plan to try the floating out in summer off my dock. I think it is well worth the money and actually is cheaper than my old down outfit from Cabelas. Plenty of pockets and many innovative things. I can see how the fabric could get ripped since it is very light but any issue like that can be fixed by my wife with a swing machine. I feel that it will last quite a long time. I did notice that the camo version was made different with the outer shell more like a fleece than the nylon type material mine has. The camo is quieter and softer but a buddy who has one claims it is starting to fray at the top of the bibs where it hits his chest. My take on it is it is a first rate ice fishing outfit and it floats too. Not much to hate about that. Since I got mine quite a few of the other commercial guys have done so too.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.