Author Topic: Guide Gear A++  (Read 1171 times)

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
Guide Gear A++
« on: Dec 16, 2010, 05:36 PM »
My jacket and bibs arrived yesterday in the mail here and was amazed at the quality of these for the money spent. I spent the day out on the lake today and they kept me warm and dry. I love the heavy duty zippers, padded knees and loads of pockets. These could easily sell for $150 a piece if they had some company brand on them. Easily the best bang for my buck spent this winter A++++

Offline duckbuster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Guide Gear A++
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2010, 06:57 AM »
Great report, I hope to try mine out this weekend

Offline justlooking9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2010, 08:35 AM »
Glad to hear it, cannot wait to try mine out!

Offline RangerTim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Listen close you can hear them biting
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2010, 02:53 PM »
I bought the same suit and was impressed as well.
What I was wondering,  what do you wear under the suit?    The bibs are a bit thin did you have some sort of insulated underwear and or just jeans?  Hoping to head out soon just haven't been out yet I have been sick this past week.

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:31 AM »
What I was wondering,  what do you wear under the suit?    The bibs are a bit thin did you have some sort of insulated underwear and or just jeans?  Hoping to head out soon just haven't been out yet I have been sick this past week.

I have a pair of Rocky micro fleece long underwear as well as a thick pair of sweat pants. Keeps my dry and warm in our cold arctic temps here in Saskatchewan. Im really thinking Id like a pair of the Under Armour cold gear long underwear to try out, hear that they are excellent.

Cheers!!

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:59 AM »
I also bought a suit and I can"t believe how well it has kept me warm! I'm completely satified with them and they have lots of pockets for storage. Hands down for the price. you just cant beat them! 1/4 the cost (or less) of others and probably just as warm in my opinion  ;)

Offline justlooking9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:19 AM »
I have been wearing mine and love it. You cannot beat it for the price $90 for the entire suit!!! Crazy. So many pockets, warm, padded knees, waterproof. No complaint so far.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.