The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hub fishhouse repair  (Read 631 times)

Offline Northshoredad78

• IceShanty Rookie
Hub fishhouse repair
« on: Dec 09, 2023, 10:44 PM »
Hey guys, I had just bought a used clam x400 for $300. The skirting stitching was unraveling from the fish house. So I thought maybe I can fix this myself and get a deal on a fish house. Well it didn't come with the hub house bag witch is no big deal I'll try to find one. But where the skirting is coming apart ended up being almost two whole sides of the fish house. I thought it was half of one side. So now I'd like to attempt some kind of repair to this. There is a strip of fabric that keeps the house and the skirting together witch makes it more difficult then I expected. So I was wondering if there is some kind of sewing shop that I could have make the repair or see if anyone has any ideas on a fix. I'm not sure how this got started but it really looks like bad stitching and it will get worse. Thanks

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Hub fishhouse repair
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2023, 11:16 PM »
 Northshoredad78 , look for a shop in your area that does Auto upholstery work they should be able to repair your shelter. Since you have mastered sending and posting photos over the Internet due similar once you find a possible shop to do the repairs so they can see the problem and say if they can fix it for you .

Steve

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2023, 11:28 PM »
I once hand stitch sewn the failing seams on my old Ice Cube.  Nowadays I give up since the fabric has so many pinholes in it.  Oh and I used old Fireline as thread.  ;)  It was a pain and I did a few stitches a day for quite a long time.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Northshoredad78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2023, 12:45 AM »
Ya if I can't find a shop or someone who could do it..  that may be me as well. The 3 parts of fabric thing is what I don't like.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2023, 11:26 AM »
Auto or marine upholstery shops should be able to fix it easy enough for you. Probably worth a call to a regular furniture upholstery shop if that's the only thing nearby, they may be able to do it or at least steer you to someone who can
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline Northshoredad78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2023, 12:50 PM »
I didn't know there was a kind of sewing machine like that, ya that would help. I'm going to see if I can get it done by someone cheap enough or if I can't ill try that out. Thanks guys.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2023, 08:30 PM »
 Northshoredad78 you are welcome part of why Ice Shanty was created in my opinion so ice fishermen/women could help each other by sharing information. best to you in getting the repairs made to your shelter.

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.