New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: “SANDY POND “by Boggey  (Read 29268 times)

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: “SANDY POND “by Boggey
« Reply #330 on: Apr 19, 2021, 08:09 AM »
I haven't but spoke to reiters marina and he has under 1' of water where his basin empties to creek out to main pond. He's being told to expect roughly an 8" rise in water then start dropping again late June. Sold our camp on Blind Creek last spring.

Offline Arkangel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #331 on: Apr 21, 2021, 11:24 AM »
According to FB (I don't use it - but my wife does) The Channel Maintenance crew is beginning an emergency dredging TODAY with limited funds - and they're looking for donations.  Not sure that'll go over well...and just how much can they raise by crowd sourcing?  How much can you raise with folks throwing in $10 - 20 - 50 - $100...?
The equipment and the people who run them are expensive.

And speaking as someone who USED to camp waterside/waterfront...you cannot take on lake Ontario or Mother Nature...she wins EVERY TIME...!!!

I'm crossing my fingers that there is some level of resolution - there are just so many people impacted on the North And South ponds

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #332 on: Jul 01, 2021, 06:35 AM »

I was told All the marker buoys have been removed
 So enter an exit the pond at your own risk

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #333 on: Jul 01, 2021, 02:02 PM »
Yo Freddy,

If I were to launch at Green Point, I don’t think I could get to the cut. Three weeks ago I launched at Stanley and I beached my boat at the sandbar from the south side of the cut. I sat and watched 2 bass boats who basically lifted there motors and poked there way to the cut with their oars. Not looking good at all. I’ve been fishing Henderson the last 2 weeks but the bite has dried up there too.

How are you doing?

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #334 on: Jul 02, 2021, 04:15 AM »

Thanks Jim for the heads up

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #335 on: Jul 02, 2021, 05:08 AM »
Yo Jim how come you haven’t been on MFF pal??
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #336 on: Oct 31, 2021, 01:12 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Just a little reminder, winter’s crusty cold weather is not far off. We are getting our first three nights of freezing night time temps this week.

Good thing as the water temperature is quite warm for this time of year. ( November)

It’s been a tough summer on the Pond with a truncated dredging schedule and all. Big boats have bee pretty much marooned on the Pond this summer all lthough I can witness some long neck activity from my camp, it can’t make up for the economic damage to our local marinas and  businesses.
Personally, I haven’t been too faithful to the Pond this summer and fall. Some health issues and “old boat”issues have kept me camp bound the majority of the fishing season.

I would welcome some quips and comments from my fellow Sandy Ponders here in as to your fishing experiences this season.

As always, the eternal optimist in me looks forward to a great ice fishing season this year and I pray for thick ice and getting together with all my old fishing buds and meeting a bunch of new ones.

New old guy (aka) BOGGEY

Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #337 on: Oct 31, 2021, 06:48 AM »

Jim you will perk right up soon as the ice drilling starts

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #338 on: Oct 31, 2021, 07:39 AM »
Glad to see you JB…
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #339 on: Oct 31, 2021, 07:03 PM »
Good to hear from You Boggey!!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #340 on: Nov 01, 2021, 05:47 AM »
Yo KP,

Same my friend. Hope to keep things together for another good ice fishing season. Freezer is low. 2 bags of perch and one walley. Got to get myself busy.
Boggey

Offline Arkangel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #341 on: Nov 02, 2021, 01:09 PM »
Greetings and salutations fellow Pond Rats..!

Another summer come and gone - for the most part we were able to enjoy the pond, beach and LO unencumbered because the tri-toon floated us through the low water conditions.  Others did not fare so well if they had a deep hulled boat. :-\

We never did put together the summer beach reunion we talked about during the winter...maybe next season (?)

Here's an idea...maybe we put together a "Sandy Pond - Ice Shanty Classic" informal tournament :tipup:...no prizes...just a date on the calendar we circle in advance .

Obviously ice and weather dependent.  Whaddya think of them apples..?

I agree with previous post(s)...let's keep this a friendly, fish-centric, non political, all things Pond related forum.

Who is up for the "1st Annual Ice Shanty Classic" ?

Offline Arkangel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #342 on: Nov 02, 2021, 01:14 PM »
...I should say... "1st Annual Sandy Pond Ice Shanty Classic"...

We could hold Executive "Bored" Meetings at the SPSA...no executives - just "bored" members  ;D ;D ;D

Offline chaumontriverguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #343 on: Nov 02, 2021, 04:19 PM »
hmmm  definitely interested never fished the pond  ???

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #344 on: Nov 03, 2021, 06:15 PM »
Hey Boggey great to see you here again. Hope nothing to serious health wise and that as the days cool off you feel better.
Like stated
The ice will be here soon and the sights and thoughts will have you making your rounds giving great reports and better stories.

I’m in for the tourney.
Be well

~perchin
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.