Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1637346 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24900 on: Oct 01, 2021, 05:06 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       Welcome to October.  It's 41* and clear here on my hill.  ::)
                       Eddie.......I'm glad to read that you're working inside so no weather shutdown, but the weather could create a problem getting to and
               from work if the job goes through the winter. :unsure:
                       Bud.........I too was at the idea that you ha already purchased the granddaughter's house, but never the less good luck on the other
               one you put an offer on. :thumbsup:
                       Wally.......I hope the calibrating went smoothly? ???
                      Fish..........I hope the shutdown doesn't ruin any plans of getting out this weekend? ???
                      Yesterday I did some dead branch clean up along my driveway, as I was doing that I noticed some trees need to be trimmed. If we get
               some heavy wet snow or ice they will be overhanging my driveway or break off. so that's on the agenda today.
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24901 on: Oct 01, 2021, 05:47 AM »
Good Morning ER's 53 here this morning. Looks like the warm spell here will end later this week. Eddie I think I have some blades I'll look. WW good luck fishing. Might try to squeeze in a round of golf or do the right thing and wash the siding. Bud hope your offer gets accepted. Have a good day all and enjoy the weekend.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24902 on: Oct 01, 2021, 06:06 AM »
40* this morning.
Eddie, I talked to the person at the drug store, she said I could get both the flu and booster at the same time. Only thing they don't have the peizer at this time.
WW, weather didn't look too bad for being out on the lake.
IFF, good luck for the search for a new truck.
Everything went OK with the visit to Mohawk Hondo for Lindsay. Wife picked me up at her house about 11am and we are going down this morning to pick up the Jeep. Lindsay had Open House at school last night so wasn't getting home until 8pm or so.
My nephew picked up a new pup, haven't seen it yet but I hear he named it "Tap" because of his maple business.
Hope everyone has a great Friday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24903 on: Oct 01, 2021, 06:06 AM »
Morning all, currently 53° and clear here, supposed to be 83 this afternoon. Haven't been up to much of anything this week... combination of a nasty sinus cold (gotta love allergies during harvest) and the fact that it's just flat out been too hot to do much after work. We've been around or just above 90° for highs all week.

It's supposed to cool down starting today, though. Took the day off to do some shooting this morning, then get some yard work and odds and ends done around the house later, since it's supposed to rain all weekend. We sure need the rain, just inconvenient timing for getting anything done outside.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24904 on: Oct 01, 2021, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......good luck to you and the "boys" tomorrow  :flex:

IFF.....sorry to hear your granddaughter's place didn't work out  :( hope you hear good news soon on your offer  ;)

IW....easy does it on the tree trimming  :whistle:

OG.....go play golf while the weather's nice, the siding will still be there for another day  ;)2

FH4.....good luck on the hunt  :thumbsup:

MrC.....sorry you grabbed the wrong donuts, what a disappointment  :'(

H2L....hope you were able to get your shot(s) and have no reaction  :)

The autopilot works like a dream  :thumbsup: :clap:  still a little fine tuning to do but all in all no complaints  @)  and we even managed to land some fish  ;D

We were on a very small body of water for the trial run, Can't wait to get on a big lake to try it out  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24905 on: Oct 01, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Well down to 28 this morning out here at work, nice to start feeling like fall with the crisp air, and today rifle starts for hunting, so I got to work at bit early and hopefully will be out of here around 11 or noon and then headed to the mountain by at least 2 if not before so we can see what is happening on the mountain and get a hunt in this evening.  Shutdown went good and we are back to normal with things this morning.  Boss is out so quite day today at the office.  Have a good one everyone and stay safe have a great weekend everyone.  So a weeks vacation starts in no tome the count down has begun.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24906 on: Oct 01, 2021, 07:41 AM »
I am finally back to the best site on the internet. I finally took the time to go to Best Buy on a trip to the city as it is out of the way to get to. I had to tell the head geek how to get on my computer since trying to link my computer through their laptops does not work. He got it fixed so I can get on IS.

I have a lot of catching up to do now.

Marv Thanks for letting everyone know what has been going on with my computer issues and sending me the links to your videos. I wonder where all of the deer went? Hopefully, they show back up. Today is the start of the archery season in Michigan. There are not many deer on my property as there are few acorns on the oaks. There is a 40-acre cornfield a quarter-mile away so that is probably where they are at.

F/H4E
I have only hunted elk on time. We hunted east of Pagosa Springs, Colorado. I was the only one of the three of us that saw any elk. The only bull I saw was a spike horn. The weird part of the hunt was when we were sitting in one of the hot springs relaxing after the hunt. I noticed some people I knew from Michigan in another one of the pools.

WW I would not complain about a catch of fish like that!

Michigan deer hunting regulations are a mess. I you have a firearms buck license you an shoot a doe with it. I buy a combo license with two buck tags one of which had antler restrictions. I can shoot to does with both of the tags. A regular doe permit costs more that what each buck license cost me as a senior citizen

My son and  I got most of the base from my 10 foot tower blind last week. I have the front and back walls of the pretty much built.  My nephew is coming on the 7th from VA to bow hunt for two weeks. he said he will help me get the  blind built on top of the base

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24907 on: Oct 01, 2021, 09:17 AM »
40 here this morning. I should be on my way to hunting camp, but the guy I was going to help had his wife and grandkid come down sick, and we need to wait and make sure it is not COVID. All the rapid tests in town were gone, and there is no place to get an instant test appointment, so thank goodness for Amazon. Should get a kit today and if negative, leave tomorrow. More cases and hospitalizations around here than ever, so we are trying to be as cautious as we can.

Bud:God luck on the offer- hope you can move in before it gets too cold. Those new Chevys are nice! You are lucky if you can find one in stock.

Goat: How are the colors? There are some prime days to be outdoors in early October.

Turkey: Sorry to hear about your computer. I have been getting all my relatives on Chromebooks- they don't have near the issues that windows machines do. If all you need is internet access, you should check them out. All the brands are basically the same.

Hope you all are free of Corona and computer virus, and have a great weekend! I hope to be out of internet for the next week- if the test comes back negative.

:tipup:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24908 on: Oct 01, 2021, 01:05 PM »
Well the plant does it again, screwed into not leaving when I wanted too.  Should have been gone an hour ago but now waiting to test again since another plant shutdown and idled our UPA so once that is back up will test and leave hopefully.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24909 on: Oct 02, 2021, 02:35 AM »
Yeah a bit confusing about the move from there to here. Still without laptop and internet, trying to make due with the I-Phone. I had tapped out a lengthy post about the adventure of getting here only to loose it, to a dead phone battery. Will have to save that for another day.   For now camping at the grand daughters property until the closing on the property at the end of the same street. The need to vacate the Denver property once it sold, the plan was to move to the GD’s vacant place and the purchase all finalized when she would travel from SC the Wednesday before Thanksgivings the creation of a deed transfer etc. the most pressing thing was unpaid taxes that was getting accumulated interest amounting to over $4,000. So I paid that off for them as part of the purchase price leaving 20K for her and the unpaid 16K in assessment for city water/ waist water hookups thus a total coming to a total of 40K. Realistically that property as is I doubt would of an interest to anyone at 10K. So as I said not a good fit for me.

BTW the offer on the move in condition property down the street is accepted as written. Originally listed at 125k two months ago, my offer of cash at 100K was accepted now to get it closed by the 14th so I can catch a flight to Denver the 15th to wrap up some loose ends and return flight back to Wisconsin the 26th. That is unless I find a Silverado to my liking
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24910 on: Oct 02, 2021, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....hope all goes smoothly with the closing, good luck truck hunting   ;)

FH4....fingers crossed you finally got out of work  :unsure:

TT.....good to see you back online  :thumbsup: best of luck this deer season  :flex:

Eddie.....guessing you're knee deep in the river by now, good luck  :thumbsup:

Badger.....hope all the tests come back negative  :-\

A nice day on tap, might have to do some leaf peeping on the bike  ;)2

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24911 on: Oct 02, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Good morning Bud, WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

65 humid sticky degrees on this part of the map.

I will have to do some reading to catch up on what everyone has been up to.

I have been on the mend since Tuesday night. I had a physical Tuesday morning at which time they said I was due for a tetanus shot. I have had 4-5 over the years but this one went haywire. By Tuesday night I started feeling pretty punk and Wednesday was a rough one with fever, chills, a bad headache, and a swollen arm. When I got up Thursday morning the room started spinning and before I knew what was going on my wife was by me on the floor, scared to death. I eventually stood up and after a lot of encouragement we took a ride to the ER.

They ran a bunch of tests and came to the conclusion I was a member of about 1% that had a severe reaction to the shot. The other thing they discovered was a racing erratic heart beat that they  said I should see a Cardiologist about A Fib. The ER Dr said he wouldn't call it urgent, but something I should get checked out. Yesterday I made an appointment for Nov.23 which will still allow me to take in my hunting season if I can convince my wife I will be OK.

Just thought I would share.

Hope everyone has a good day. Take care and stay healthy

WS

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24912 on: Oct 02, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Happy Saturday! Every day is Saturday for those of us retired, but Happy "true" Saturday anyway

WS: Sorry to hear about your reaction to tetanus shot - A friend's daughter had tetanus, and I think that was worse. It may turn out to be lucky that they found the heart issue before it happened someplace worse.

IFF: Hope your search for a truck goes more smoothly that your search for a property. Always a wrinkle when dealing with real estate. We have been in the same place 35 years now, makes me think twice about changing.

Since I am on the internet today, you can infer that the COVID test was positive. His wife feels like crap, but that is it so far. Grandson is just under the weather. So far he himself is well- which I hope continues because he has those "underlying health issues" they always tell us to worry about. We are holing up until we are sure we have not been exposed. We ate a boil in bag chicken fettuccini meant for hunting camp last night and watched "Ted Lasso". Wish were were around the campfire, but such is life. Time to start putting the gear back in the barn and hopefully get the boat out one of these nice days. Friday I go out with F&G to survey perch populations if I am not sick. Would be a bummer to miss out on that too.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24913 on: Oct 02, 2021, 04:03 PM »
Marv and Badger hope you all can beat the bug. Found one store with stuff out now picked up 3 clam blade spoons, 5 vmc glow resin octopus, 1 northland mooska jig, and 1pack maki plastics.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24914 on: Oct 02, 2021, 06:49 PM »
Good evening(afternoon to those of you out west) ,a warm up in temperature today to middle seventies with clear sky and sunshine. I took advantage of the nice and made the trip to cemetery in Paramus,NJ. to visit my parents and other relatives graves. Good number of people at the cemetery. I saw some color change on my trip still mostly green leaves. The trip takes me through some smaller towns/villages and pass one major outlet shopping area. The gasoline prices in smaller towns averaged $3.29, one station near the outlet shopping area and NYS Thruway was charging $3.58 per gallon of 87 octane . In the area around my home gas prices are ranging from $3 to #.15 per gallon of 87 octane.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear about your severe reaction to the tetanus shot and A.Fib. . Your appointment date with the cardiologist seems to be the new normal a relative of mine has to wait until early november to have a minor procedure preformed. See how fast you recover from the shot reaction and how you feel as hunting season approaches I know you don't want to waste this year's license and deer tag/tags but think off your wife who will be home with elevated blood pressure and possibly heart rate worrying about you. If I remember correctly cell phone service is hit or miss at your Shack and hunting area so hard to get help if something should happen an to you. It maybe better to let this hunting season pass and see how bad the A.Fib. is keeping your wife happy and hopefully with treatment if needed you can get back to the deer in 2022. take care prayer said that everything works out good for you.
Eddie hope the weather in Pulaski was similar to mine and all of you had a good day of salmon fishing. May your grandsom have hooked up with and landed a few fish. I assume the project manager's pay makes it woth the long drive to current job site. I reside in Orange county and depending on traffic volume and weather usually takes me around one hour to one and a half hours to reach Albany traveling on the NYS Thruway.
Ice Wanderer so far great weather for the garage sale if conditions in the Lake george area are similar to mine. may your DIL and the other event organizers have no major problems during the sale. Due you have or can you rent a pole saw/trimmer to prevent /lessen the need to use a latter while trimming the driveway trees.
Old Goat hope all is good with you and the family. Congrats on finding the ice fishing lures,jigs and plastics hope you got a good price on the items. I assume you put pressure washing the siding off to a later date.
Zcm-28 may you get over the sinus cold quickly. May this weekend's rain raise water level in the river so you can get another trip in before storing your boat for the year.
Hunts2long I saw an article that had same info. on getting the covid shot/booster shot and flu vaccine. best to your nephew with his new puppy Tap . Glad Lindsay's car passed inspection. All the best to her when she starts the new job.
Wallyworld happy to calibrating of autopilot went well for the two of you.  Looks like you had a nice day for a bike ride i assume your area of NY. is one or more weeks ahead of mine with regards to leaf color change.
Fish/hunt4ever to bad things did not work out and you had to put in a full day. Looking forwar to your post hunt report hoping we see some pictures of you or a family member with an elk.
Tomturkey good to see you back posting.May you get the hunting blind/stand completed for use this coming riffle season. Best to your nephew with his bow hunting.
Badger132 sorry to read your friend's wife and grandson tested positive for covid and your huntis canceled for now, a speedy recovery to both of them and may your fried avoid getting infected.
IFF sounds like your granddaughter got over her head with the property sorry things did not work out on you purchasing it. glad you found  another home and your cash offer was taken by the seller.best to you with completing the sale.

A safe and good night rest of the weekend to everyone. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24915 on: Oct 02, 2021, 08:49 PM »
The year of the bear continues!!!
Dang there sure are a lot of bruins around this year.

https://cabinradio.ca/75250/news/yellowknife/bear-warning-for-yellowknifes-airport-and-sandpits/

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24916 on: Oct 03, 2021, 05:12 AM »
Got awaken to the sound of rain drops on RV roof about 2 hours ago,  watched tv for awhile.  Found a boat launch that is now no charge on the Rock River near me as of the month of October.  Pulled the cover off and installed a new steering system, switching it from the rack and pinion style,  good thing I got the cover back on.  Now I might be tempted to launch it before or after the Packers game  :unsure: :unsure:

Dave there that many more bears than usually seen around Yellowknife or are they short of food and have to look for it  ???

Come to think I have an empty freezer.  Might have to break out the trusty 30.06
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24917 on: Oct 03, 2021, 06:49 AM »
53* this morning and rain on the way.
WS, sure hope you are feeling better. Sounds like the doctor you had was a good one, raised a red flag to have something checked out. Good Luck.
IW, how's the BIG sale going...lol.
WW, glad you are pleased with the troll system.
Talked to my brother yesterday, the nephew doesn't get the new pup until mid-November. It is only 3 weeks old.
The wife and Lindsay went apple picking yesterday, got pumpkins, took Rocky with them, then Lindsay and Rocky came up for dinner.
The wifes cousins were going to come for a visit today but called last night and cancelled because of the rain coming in.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday....h2l

Eddie, if you are fishing, hope you are "hooked" up.
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24918 on: Oct 03, 2021, 08:58 AM »
Morning all,

WS....maybe MrsWS can take some time off and go with you to the shack  ???

H2L....think there's an apple pie in your future  ;)2  good luck tonite  :flex:

IW....gremlin attack or just busy  ???

MrC.....leaves are just beginning to show color locally, lots have already turned brown and dropped  :-\

Eddie......hope your grandson has landed some fish  :flex:

IFF.....good luck if you decide to hit the water  :thumbsup:

Ended up mowing before riding yesterday since rain was moving in today for a couple days  ::)  put a little over 100 miles on the odometer, beautiful day to ride  :clap:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24919 on: Oct 03, 2021, 08:43 PM »
Good evening repeat of yesterday weather wise rain in the forecast for tomorrow. I see it was a good day for New York city area major sports team with both the Jets and Giants winning heir first games of the season and the Yankees securing a wildcard berth in the American League MLB playoffs.
Drifter may you have gotten some work done on the cabin during your time off from work. Thank you for keeping us update on the bear sightings around Yellow Knife. Hopefully the DNR can capture and relocate this mother and her cub before any problems arise with bear-human encounters.
IFF nice that you fond a boat launch where you can put your boat on the Rock river at no charge. May the new steering system preform good when you get a chance to test it out on the water.
Hunts2long your wife and Lindsay had a nice day on Saturday to be out picking apples. Guessing your nephew has to wait for the puppy to be weaned from it's mother before getting to pick it up and bring home. I hope you had a better night at the bowling alley .
Wallyworld leaves are similar here i was a little surprised yesterday to see some color the closer I got to Paramus. It is roughly 50 to 55 mile trip eachway for me to the cemetery. Good suggestion to Whopper Stopper with regards to hunting this year. Also smart getting your lawn mowed before any rain came through your area of NY.
Eddie may it have been a good weekend in Pulaski looking forward to your report from the trip.
Ice Wanderer did your wife convince you to go to "Garage Sale" today ? May you not be having computer issues.
OldSailor may you and the family past week have been a good one.
Icefisher-45 may you and your wife also be doing well.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24920 on: Oct 04, 2021, 04:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light rain falling here this am, 58*, off and on showers expected throughout the day, high of 59.

Marv….wow, sorry to read that, scary stuff right there! Glad you went to the ER right away and they were able to diagnose the cause and the heart issue. Hope you’re feeling better today from the reaction, thoughts and prayers sent your way from me and the boys!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…fishing was pretty slow for us, but we caught a great time together putting our first salmon trip in the books.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…Saturday was a beautiful day to be out for a ride….did you get your ice cream stop in?  ;D  :thumbsup:
  H2..sounds like a fun day for your wife and Lindsay apple picking….hope there was an apple pie in it for you!  ;D  How did the lanes treat you last evening?
  Bud…good luck with the closing, hope it all goes smoothly!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…the bears just keep coming! Hope you had a good trip to the cabin and got some things knocked off your to do list!   :thumbsup:  How was the fishing?
  Badger….sorry to read about the positive test results and the trip getting squashed. Thoughts and prayers to all the symptoms stay on the mild side.
  Jeff…hope the big sale was a success!   :thumbsup:

Our trip started off bright and early Saturday morning at 3am with my grandson, son and myself putting our fists together for a picture before hitting the road, lol. We dubbed it the 1st Annual 3rd Generation Salmon Trip.  ;D
  The reports we were getting on the river weren’t the best Friday, but that didn’t matter much…the opportunity to get this trip in was available and we couldn’t pass on that. We chose to fish on some private water that would have less of a crowd and good stretches of some shallower water to make things easier on all of us, especially my grandson as it was his first time in waders.
  Not long after setting up on a spot, we saw a few salmon coming through , mostly smaller Coho’s blazing through. My grandson was so excited, and after a few lessons on how to fish for them, was casting pretty much non stop for most of the day.  ;D
  My son and I hooked up a few times, but sorry to say my grandson didn’t, and sadly we didn’t get the opportunity to hand off the rods to him before the hooks came unbuttoned. So, the first trip was a bust….but we vowed to make another soon when there is a better push of fish…maybe this coming weekend.
  The trip was a great time though, and I believe one of the best trips I’ve ever been on….a new annual tradition began 3 Generation’s Strong!   :bow:

Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24921 on: Oct 04, 2021, 05:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 56* and cloudy here on my hill.
                           Eddie........I know it would have been nice to be able for the grandson hook up but it has to rewarding just having him
                 there with dad and granddad. It will be a tradition that will last a long time. :thumbsup: :flex:
                           H2l...........I didn't go to the big sale, my wife's youngest brother and his girlfriend came for the weekend. :)
                           Marv.........That had to be frightening for you and your wife. I hope you are stable now and you can go on without any more problems. :unsure:
                           Wally.........I was just busy with the company. :whistle: How was the ride Saturday? ??? Good thing you got the grass mowed before all of
                 this wet weather. :blink:
                           Badger......I hope you all get through this covid thing. :thumbsup:
                           Bud..........I hope the new steering works out. :unsure: How soon before the closing? ???
                           Steve........The weather was good Saturday for the big sale and the rain held off unti an hour before the sale was officially over. But there are
                  people that will push the limit. :o I guess reports were saying record turnout. I stayed away. :woot:
                           Dave.........It must have been a bad year for food in the wild for the bears to keep coming in to town. :unsure:
                           Not much going on today I have a eye Dr. appointment this morning at 8:30.
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW
                           Bud..........

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24922 on: Oct 04, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......sorry to hear your grandson didn't get hooked up  :(   sounds like the beginning of a wonderful tradition tho  :thumbsup:

IW....good luck at the eye doctor's, hope all is good  ;)2

MrC.....looks like we're going to be seeing Indian summer the rest of this week  @)

Rained pretty much all day/night yesterday, more on tap for today and tomorrow  ::) 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24923 on: Oct 04, 2021, 06:20 AM »
Good morning Everyone :bow:

50 degrees with heavy fog this morning. It should burn off in a couple hours.

Thanks for all the well wishes, very much appreciated! I am about 95% will take it a little easy yet today

Eddie ....Awesome tradition :clap: :clap: Hope things work out for a return trip next weekend :thumbsup:

IW....Sounds like you had a busy weekend :whistle:

WW....Good suggestion :thumbsup: Actually my brother is going to come and hang out with me for a couple weeks. He has AFib and doesn't want me out there alone if it is something serious. I have no idea how long it will take to get checked out, but it starts Nov 23.

mr.clean.....Thanks for the advice. My wife was a wreck for a few hours.

Just a quiet day planned.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24924 on: Oct 04, 2021, 06:47 AM »
56* and light rain.
Eddie, glad you had a good time.
WS, good to hear you are feeling better.
IW, a good weekend to stay out of town.
We took 3 of 4, no thanks to my bowling. Didn't hit my avg. once. The girls carried the team last night.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24925 on: Oct 04, 2021, 08:06 AM »
Another wet day. There is a slow-moving low SE of me that has the rain coming in from the east.
Every day my youngest son has off it rains so he doesn't get to bow hunt.

My grandson shot a doe during the early doe season with the Marlin rifle a guy gave him when he was working at a hardware store.

Marv Hopefully you are feeling better. It is ridiculous how long it takes to get things scheduled anymore.

I spent most of yesterday tuning a half bushel of apples into sauce. Today I have to get it bagged and into the freezer. I make it the way my mother taught me how. It turns out red in color as all I do is take out the stem and bud end, than cut the apples up leaving the skin. It is run through a Wear Ever sieve to get out the skins and core. The first time I made it for the wife's grandsons they did not want to eat it as they were used to the pale store bought stuff.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24926 on: Oct 04, 2021, 08:18 AM »
Morning all, 62° and drizzling here, forecast is 75 and cloudy by afternoon.

It rained on and off here all weekend, which we desparately needed. It also means I didn't get much done, other than loading some ammo.

The river gauges have  come up a few inches and it's still rising, I'll probably go have a look at the boat ramp after work and see what it looks like. If it come up enough to float, I'll probably try to get a fishing trip in this week. Last time I was out was August 15th. We picked up more rain this weekend than we had the entire month of August and September.

tomturkey - starting to get the deer itch a bit myself, but our season starts the weekend before Thanksgiving down here.

masoneddie - glad to hear you've gotten some fishing in. I've been missing it greatly during this dry spell.

IFF - hope you made it out, and good luck during deer season.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24927 on: Oct 04, 2021, 10:55 AM »
T'was a pretty dry summer so I think the berry crop was low this year and that could be a reason they are all over the place.
Could be there's just a crap ton of bears all over the place too.
Need to grab a tag so I can get me a bear rug fer de cabin!!!   ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24928 on: Oct 04, 2021, 09:54 PM »
good evening rain on and off today high in the middle sixties. Back in late July or early August Verizon put fiber optic cables in the building here at my complex. Today a crew was stinging cable on the telephone poles and from poles to building so guess i will soon be receiving marketing for Verizon's services.
Eddie sounds like everyone had a good time on your fishing trip if you make another trip before the salmon run is over may your grandson hook and land a fish or two. Nice new family tradition to start with your son and grandson.
Ice Wanderer may you have received a good report at the eye doctors. Hope your company enjoy their stay with you. Good to hear the rain held off until the garage sale was almost officially over for this year.
Wallyworld enjoy the Indian Summer weather while it lasts before to long we will be dealing with frost on our vehicles in the mornings.
Whopper Stopper  glad you are feeling better. Your wife must feel a sense of relief knowing your brother will be with you during hunting season.
Hunts2long nice that the girls/ladies help the team take 3 of 4 points/games. may you bowl at or above your average next Sunday.
Tomturkey may there be a period of dry weather and your son get out before bow season ends for deer. Give my congratulations to your grandson on harvesting a doe during the early season hunting period. Enjoy the homemade apple sauce.
Zcm-28 good to hear your area is receiving rain that will help with the drought conditions. Did the water level in the river rise enough so that you an get out in your boat for a Fall fishing trip.
Drifter thanks for explaining why Yellow Knife is seeing a rash of bears in the town/city. A bear rug would look good in your cabin.

Stay safe and healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24929 on: Oct 05, 2021, 04:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Weather guessers reported we had about 2” of rain yesterday. 52* this am with light rain still falling, off and showers today, high of 55.

Steve…thanks, sure hope we can get him on some fish next trip! When he saw the size of some of the spawned out King Salmon floating around, he was  very determined to get one on.   ;D   :thumbsup:
  Dave…there’s no doubt a bear rug would be a perfect fit at your cabin!  :thumbsup:
  Z…hope the river came enough to get the boat back out…good luck getting another trip in this week!   :thumbsup:
  Tom…nothing quite like homemade apple sauce! Congrats to your grandson on getting a doe and best of luck to your son filling his tag soon!  :thumbsup:
  H2…better luck on the lanes this Sunday, glad the ladies bowled well and kept the pressure on!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you’re feeling closer to 100% better today! Like Steve mentioned, glad your brother will be hunting with you ….wishing you both the best of luck getting a shot at one of those nice bucks soon!   :thumbsup:
  Wally….looking like another wet day here…is the bakery going to be opened up today?   :whistle:  ;D
  Jeff….hope all went well with your Dr. appointment and your guests had a good time visiting!   :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the kind words with our trip, very much appreciated, and hopefully will be able to share the first hookup for my grandson soon.   :bow:
  Back to building the containment facility….Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.