Author Topic: a game changer is comming  (Read 5763 times)

Offline AZbassernCO

• Team IceShanty Regular
a game changer is comming
« on: Dec 23, 2017, 12:12 AM »
holy hell i want this

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: a game changer is comming
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2017, 12:51 AM »
So about $120 for the whole setup... Man that's an expensive tip up.... Looks nice though. Going to have to watch for some used ones this spring.

Offline Capt. j-rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2017, 07:01 AM »
$100 is the new $20. I bought beaver dams for $20 each and complained about it 15 years ago lol.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2017, 07:05 AM »
$100 is the new $20. I bought beaver dams for $20 each and complained about it 15 years ago lol.

ill wait for the one that reels them in for me too

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2017, 09:54 AM »
For sure one of the best produce videos I've ever seen. I've been skeptical of the plastic construction but it looks very well made and he explained how everything worked. I may have to try one.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline manitron2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2017, 11:33 AM »
Impressive that they had predesigned a hole in all Jawjackers for future mods.
Get off the fence and protect your rights!

Offline Rtrucking40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Sorry but anything ive owned for ice fishing that uses batteries is a dud. Cold and batteries dont mix..

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2017, 01:23 PM »
also, i use a minnow on mine most times, so its already moving, i guess this would be good for jigging for kokes. 

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2017, 04:42 PM »
Looks cool, but I'm already shopping for a pack mule to get my sled out on the ice!

Btw, what is considered "safe ice" for a pack mule?? This might shorten my season...
NYS Licensed Guide

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2017, 04:51 PM »
I had a similar jigging setup I got from my father in law- probably from the 60s. It used a windshield wiper motor and a crank to wiggle a lever up and down. By the looks of it, it was made in some guy's garage. Never got it to turn, but seemed like it should work. Back in that time, there were fewer companies making anything for ice fishing. You used the tip section of busted rods for a jigging pole. Augers and beaver dam tip ups were all I can remember being factory made.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2017, 04:52 PM »
id buy one. I bought jaw jackers when they first came out. still have them. they are light weight and really durable. I really only use them for trout, I don't do well with hioksets on bass. I was saying to myself "3 double A batteries? junk" but they claim 32 hours but I won t be the one to fork over money until I read reviews.

Offline AndyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2017, 05:02 PM »
For sure one of the best produce videos I've ever seen.

Would be even better with a fish in  the underwater footage.

Offline Cal64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2017, 07:32 PM »

Offline Cal64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2017, 07:41 PM »

Offline Cal64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2017, 07:45 PM »
Sorry, that was my first attempt at posting a video, and it has proven too much for me. Made this jigging holder for atomatic fisherman,from windshield wiper motor. I’ve got about $20 into it, and it works great

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Is it just me, or has the “art” of ice fishing taken a left turn at Albuquerque? Maybe I’m just an old curmudgeon, but I ice fish for the sheer enjoyment of it. Yeah, I use electronics, but I also use two rods, (the most allowed in my state), one for jigging, and one for a deadstick, both within my reach. The thought of setting a jawjacker or tipup just doesn’t appeal to me, but to each their own. I’ll continue to fish “old school”, until I’m too feeble to drill a hole. 😜
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Capt. j-rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2017, 07:40 AM »
Sorry but anything ive owned for ice fishing that uses batteries is a dud. Cold and batteries dont mix..

I can't say that anymore... LED head lights, electronics, cordless drills, LOTS of gear is running on a battery. I guess I'm not excited for a piece of gear this advanced. I like old wooden traps and hand lining a fish. It allows me to connect to the old timers. In a day and age where a gps determines where you go, a $5000 quad pulls the sled, a power auger drills the hole, a camera confirms the piece of structure, a LX7 finds the fish and sets the depth, a $150 rod and reel are in your hand, an insulated shanty with a propane heater keeps you warm, and a smart phone predicts your weather, I try to keep at least one original piece of gear that holds some tradition back to the sport.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2017, 09:25 AM »
a jigger on the line somehow would have been a lot smaller and cheaper. imo  but im not about to send 20+$ on a tip up either so.  the prices these days on some fishing tools blows my mind!  :o

real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Chute82

« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2017, 07:06 PM »
I can't say that anymore... LED head lights, electronics, cordless drills, LOTS of gear is running on a battery. I guess I'm not excited for a piece of gear this advanced. I like old wooden traps and hand lining a fish. It allows me to connect to the old timers. In a day and age where a gps determines where you go, a $5000 quad pulls the sled, a power auger drills the hole, a camera confirms the piece of structure, a LX7 finds the fish and sets the depth, a $150 rod and reel are in your hand, an insulated shanty with a propane heater keeps you warm, and a smart phone predicts your weather, I try to keep at least one original piece of gear that holds some tradition back to the sport.

Traditional ice fishing involved a spear to make your hole and spear the fish...sorry but your more modern then you think

Offline Capt. j-rod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2017, 08:11 PM »
I know that I am very modern Chute... For gods sake I run an LX7, and everything else under the sun. I pull it with a quad or side x side. I do love the hand lining and simplicity of a beaver dam or a Jack Trap.

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2017, 08:21 PM »
Maybe I didn't watch long enough, did they mention MSRP? I'm guessing jawjacker, jigger, rod/reel combo, line, leader etc you're approaching $100 per hole!
NYS Licensed Guide

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2017, 08:53 PM »
Maybe I didn't watch long enough, did they mention MSRP? I'm guessing jawjacker, jigger, rod/reel combo, line, leader etc you're approaching $100 per hole!

They responded in the comments that due to about double the materials, they expect it to be right at double the price of a jaw jacker. That'll put it right at $80 for the base, $40 for the jacker, plus rod, reel, line, etc....

Chute82

« Reply #22 on: Dec 25, 2017, 05:34 AM »
I know that I am very modern Chute... For gods sake I run an LX7, and everything else under the sun. I pull it with a quad or side x side. I do love the hand lining and simplicity of a beaver dam or a Jack Trap.

I hear ya , I love using my BD...nothing better then seeing it spin, grabbing that line, and pulling whatever on the other end..

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #23 on: Dec 25, 2017, 07:40 AM »
They responded in the comments that due to about double the materials, they expect it to be right at double the price of a jaw jacker. That'll put it right at $80 for the base, $40 for the jacker, plus rod, reel, line, etc....

WOW! With 7 lines here in NY, you could easily be over $1000 in "tipups"... I'll wait to see someone else's out on the ice in live vicariously
NYS Licensed Guide

Offline Dakota-Lew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 AM »

Offline klem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2017, 09:14 AM »
 what the... LOL... LOL.. :roflmao:.LOL... fiddling around with cheap plastic devices.. that have small cheap parts that you will most likely lose the first time out because your cant feel your fingers by the time you get it figured out.LOL a real game changer.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2018, 03:12 PM »
for 120.00 I can rent my grand kid for a winter to come out and jig for me.

Offline fishm_n

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 18, 2018, 11:37 PM »
for 120.00 I can rent my grand kid for a winter to come out and jig for me.

Haha, petfect!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.