Author Topic: Deeper ice sonars  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Mncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Deeper ice sonars
« on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:13 PM »
Anybody use the deeper sonar for ice fishing? Just curious If it's any good
Just a teen who loves the outdoors

Offline Dickrichie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • rippin lips
Re: Deeper ice sonars
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2017, 11:04 PM »
Love mine. If you're a run and gun kinda guy this is for you.
Lets go rip some lips

Offline PikeChaser198

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Let it run, it can't get out of the pond
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Waiting for mine to arrive, have watched a lot of videos on it and it seems cool.
Ebensburg Fishing & Hunting
3657 Admiral Peary HWY
Ebensburg, PA
(814) 472-5980 / Facebook & Instagram

Clete's Taxidermy Studio
(814) 471-4898 / Facebook & Instagram

Offline Jfraze10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2017, 11:04 AM »
I run a iphone and I have had problems with it freezing up for the last three models I've had.

I have to keep it as warm as possible and be quick when I pull it out on the ice or fall and spring boat fishing.

I couldn't imagine trying to run a sonar off it and having it freeze up after three mins on ice. Maybe it works for android

users?  I've wondered how people have been doing with it.

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Curious myself, I'm a shore fisherman in the summer time. Would be nice to have options in the summer time. If I can get dual use out of it that would be even better.
Teach a man to fish and he will have food for life, teach a woman to fish and he will be happy for life.

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2017, 04:33 PM »
Fish hunter 3d pro is better and cheaper

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2017, 04:52 PM »
Curious myself, I'm a shore fisherman in the summer time. Would be nice to have options in the summer time. If I can get dual use out of it that would be even better.

I'm not sure how you would use a fish finder from the shore . But they work ok on the ice . I don't think it's something for a serious fishermen.

Offline tschneid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:25 PM »
How does these type of units work if your fishing ice with any thickness. My marcum definitely likes having the ducer under the ice. Do these work different than a regular ice transducer. Not interested in one just curious.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:58 PM »
How does these type of units work if your fishing ice with any thickness. My marcum definitely likes having the ducer under the ice. Do these work different than a regular ice transducer. Not interested in one just curious.

Drill an extra hole ?

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2017, 11:10 PM »

I'm not sure how you would use a fish finder from the shore . But they work ok on the ice . I don't think it's something for a serious fishermen.

It works off of WiFi, there is a place you can tie one on to your line and cast it out.
Teach a man to fish and he will have food for life, teach a woman to fish and he will be happy for life.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2017, 07:54 PM »
Then what ? It's hooked to your pole lol sounds useless it's not like your driving around looking for marks . If your going to cast out a fish finder might as well cast a lure

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Then what ? It's hooked to your pole lol sounds useless it's not like your driving around looking for marks . If your going to cast out a fish finder might as well cast a lure

Max I can fish with is two fishing poles but I have extras. Would be nice to know how deep the water is and how deep the fish are running so I can adjust my leader accordingly.

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2017, 12:35 PM »
I just picked up a Deeper Pro + and haven't made it out to the ice yet.  My question for Deeper owners with iPhones is how's the battery life on your phone lasting? Does running the deeper drain it quickly?

I've been running the simulator (boat mode) and I'm concerned with how quickly my phones battery is draining. I'm thinking it might be much slower over Wifi because I play movies toniur smart TV and it isn't an issue.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2017, 04:14 PM »
I was considering this unit but was worried about dropping my phone or tablet in the water or down the hole. I ended up ordering the Garmin striker 4 which does everything the deeper does except being able to cast it out.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2017, 05:41 PM »
Anyone with experience in regards to phone battery life?

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2017, 01:45 PM »
Just ordered a fishhunter fish finder hope to get out the next couple days and try it. Plan on getting an exercise armband and mount it to my forearm. Have a battery pack I can plug in to my phone to get a few more hours out of.

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2017, 01:46 PM »
Depends on the condition of your battery and the size of your battery

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2017, 01:47 PM »
I still think fish hunter is a better option and value

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:08 PM »
Got my fishhunter out for a bit today and was really impressed with it. So sensitive it could pick up the swivel on my leader above a small jig. Very fast response times, almost no lag and like the dual screen and flasher mode. Would have liked to get into deeper water, but was raining and ice wasnt great. Battery life is the same as any other time you are using your phone for heavy usage. Considering setting up something to mount my phone in with a small battery and a 12 volt plug in to keep my phone charged. Maybe a small lunch box or even a flasher carry bag modified. Don't own a boat so biggest advantage over a dedicated unit was being able to check water depth and temp from shore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.