The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone been fishing?  (Read 2562 times)

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone been fishing?
« on: Mar 20, 2020, 09:46 PM »
Just had an awesome walleye/perch/ AK halibut fry with family and friends.  Great time for sure.  Plenty of great food, beer, and whiskey.  Considering our recent virus concerns, I wonder if I'm screwed up or is this site dead.  I'm certainly a high risk person  . .over 70, recent immune disorder but life goes on.  My point being .. get on with life, take care of your loved ones, and go fishing when ever possible.  Life is short so enjoy water.  After all, we're 85% water.  Anyone been fishing lately?  I'm going tomorrow.

Offline njoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone been fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2020, 10:02 PM »
Yes, I'm still ice fishing. Can the virus find us on the ice? Also over 70 and self quing. Have a good time slickice and stay safe.

Offline NorEasterInMT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2020, 12:40 AM »
Headed out tomorrow, too. This recent cold weather seems to have sured up some ice. Thankful to live somewhere with such easy access to public lands and waters. Great to hear of good times had with friends and family gathered around the harvest. Stay healthy!

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2020, 09:15 AM »
Just had an awesome walleye/perch/ AK halibut fry with family and friends.  Great time for sure.  Plenty of great food, beer, and whiskey.  Considering our recent virus concerns, I wonder if I'm screwed up or is this site dead.  I'm certainly a high risk person  . .over 70, recent immune disorder but life goes on.  My point being .. get on with life, take care of your loved ones, and go fishing when ever possible.  Life is short so enjoy water.  After all, we're 85% water.  Anyone been fishing lately?  I'm going tomorrow.

Good post Noreaster. Like you and njoy, I too am 70 plus and intend to keep at least 7 of my 8 cylinders firing. Being out on lake ice with hardly anyone around is a safe bet. Both my usual partners are extra careful as well so I'm guessing we'll be OK. Other than that we stay home and do the long list of honey-doo's from the ol' job jar. Was on the ice yesterday and did well on the perch that are moving shallower for the spawn. Blessings and health to you all!

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2020, 11:17 AM »
A couple buddies and I went out over the weekend. Couldn't believe how the ice firmed up with the cold spell. Hardly anyone out on the lake! So quiet except for all of the geese back for spring. Fishing was a little slow, but it was so nice to get away from all of the crazy crap going on now. We're all around that 60 year old age, so time spent with buddies now is something to stockpile and store away. Who knows how long we'll all be around?

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2020, 11:19 AM »
Great for y’all! No Ice here. Closer to 70 than 60. Taking the small boat out tomorrow rain or shine! Someone gets too close guess I will up anchors and move away.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Perch-Eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:34 PM »
Two of us went yesterday. 11'' of somewhat soft ice. We got 4 keeper pike and 5 perch.

Ken..........

Tinker

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:48 PM »
tried holter on Sunday, surface water temps were about 36, no fish but a good day for a family outing and I love being in the boat!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.