New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091944 times)

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
ice wine, i seen it drained and even walked down one fall evening before they filled it up, i tried spooning  i tried jigging..i tried raps.. but heard they are in there.. before they drained it i tried a few times using tipups and jigging too off the public ramp... i think it might be best at night too for eye.. i'll be swinging by the swinging bridge for another go soon. thanks for the reply.. cheers!
lonelywolf lol

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Belmont Sat AM..2 tip ups rigged for Musky, 2 for whatever else, and of course jigging with the Marcum....Holehawg, ever rig a tip up with something similar to a crawler harness with the blade and beads before?
nope...fresh water ..yes...up at sandy pond once we found tip ups iced in and covered with snow...chipped up the ice and they had a rigs like youse is talking about....funny thing is ...they had my nieghbors uncles name on them.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
            If ya get in a pinch,i saw today at the rileyville country market that they have live bait not sure of quility or price,if im up that way again i'll check it out -- boss was trying to follow me around to do safety inspections did'nt want to drag ma feet ;D
thanks for the tip....bait shop are getting few and far between around here....gonna have to start trapping my own again... ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hybrid stripers are in swinging bridge, but they stopped stocking them years ago, and they don't reproduce.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
up at the intersection of 371 and 247 at Pleasant Mount hardware, they have a sign that says live bait here...don't know what they have, but if it helps...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
you can't icefish rio. :'(
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nope...fresh water ..yes...up at sandy pond once we found tip ups iced in and covered with snow...chipped up the ice and they had a rigs like youse is talking about....funny thing is ...they had my nieghbors uncles name on them.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have 2 rigs set up that way with glow beads and bait matching blades...have to give them a try..

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
Has anyone been by the palisades park lakes yet? im on vacation and wanna hit something different...
Team MIRC NYRC chapter....ROCK BASS ON
The Official Medicine Man of MIRC
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Has anyone been by the palisades park lakes yet? im on vacation and wanna hit something different...
nothing worth it yet. they just opened 4 corners pond, a mud puddle, but said more may be added by tomorrow. i will post it daily when they start to open them up. look for the harriman/sterling forest thread.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
nothing worth it yet. they just opened 4 corners pond, a mud puddle, but said more may be added by tomorrow. i will post it daily when they start to open them up. look for the harriman/sterling forest thread.
Pooley have you been back to Greenwood since?

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanx pooley

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Pooley have you been back to Greenwood since?
no, maybe saturday, if harriman doesn't open something.

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
thanks for the tip....bait shop are getting few and far between around here....gonna have to start trapping my own again... ::)
   I keep watching for whoever it is that traps them in the pond on 652  by the saw mill maybe work something out with him ? hey  ever ice fish  the pond by Ed H. (well driller) ?

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Finally the site is back up.........was starting to go a little crazy. Fished one of the west point ponds on thursday.....5 chain pickeral, 1 perch and a bunch of throw back large mouth
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
At least i can start a day of ice fishin out the right way...by checking iceshanty first!!! Good Luck to anyone that goes out today!!

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
same to you dooberhoopa

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
   I keep watching for whoever it is that traps them in the pond on 652  by the saw mill maybe work something out with him ? hey  ever ice fish  the pond by Ed H. (well driller) ?
never fished it ...drank some beers there thou...lol...i shoulds ask ed for permission to go on there....close to home..... ;D

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey holehawg......my spot on the big D has about 6-8" of good ice......but I'm kinda screwed because there is about 3 feet of slush under the ice :%$#!:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no slush up this way hammer.....we's got a good old fashsion winter a happening.... ;D

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hmmmm......maybe I should head up near you for some eyes ???

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Cold on blue lake today

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
was cold, windy and nasty on Belmont this AM.....gotta get a new pullcord for the jiffy, as the last 3 times I have used it I broke it...didn't even poke a hole this AM...was so ticked off, I kicked my bait bucket...

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
was cold, windy and nasty on Belmont this AM.....gotta get a new pullcord for the jiffy, as the last 3 times I have used it I broke it...didn't even poke a hole this AM...was so ticked off, I kicked my bait bucket...
That means your due next time out!!!!!!!

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
    that sucks hope it wasn't to far of a drive or ya.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
with the way the roads were, about a 20 minute drive from home

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we didn't do well today, so don't feel bad topher.

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
Did alrite today in the burgh....killed the pickeral....just a few fat bluegill jiggin....brought home 3 pickeral, 19 in, 20 in and one that was 24 inches...the 20 incher had a keeper crappie in his belly he looked absolutely fat when he was comin out of the hole

by the way has anyone ever fished white lake in sullivan? any info would be appreciated!!

Offline LilWeez

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anybody know anything about Orange Lake in Orange County. Looking to fish it but i dont know anything about it.  Any information will help.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
LilWeez first off welcome to Ice Shanty Orange Lake is private you would have to known a home owner or join the sportsman's club that has their club house on route 52. Go back a few pages in this thread i believe some one posted about fishing Orange Lake maybe he can get you access in exchange for some type of favor on your part.
  Dooperhoopa there is a state boat launch for White lake off of roue 55 in Kauneonga Lake .the lake contains the same species of fish as the majority of waters here in south east NY. there also are trout including Lakers but they are hard to locate. Send a personal message to gamalot or is it gamealot he lives near Monticello and can give you better info.
  Steve

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
Does anybody know anything about Orange Lake in Orange County. Looking to fish it but i dont know anything about it.  Any information will help.
Hey man im a member of Orange Lake...thats where i was yesterday....pickeral and bass mainly the panfish bit hasnt really caught on yet...send me a pm if you wanna hit it...im on vacation this week so im fishin everyday but monday(its my sons second Bday)
Thanks for the White Lake info...the lakers are what im after!! Ive been there before but there is so much water id just like to know where to start

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.